Page 51 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

I'm still really hoping this Dark Crisis "death of the JL" thing ends up being another short lived fake out. I really hate that we're not only losing Diana after she JUST came back, but we're losing Bruce after he and Damian seem to just start getting back on good terms. Seems like a waste for a bunch of shock value deaths that everyone knows won't stick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    'Tec is also going with a more romantic Bruce/Talia cover too.. Interesting how they're teasing this Bat-family in the same month as

1. Dark Crisis, where Bruce is dead
    2. The 'real' Bat/Cat wedding
    Fool me once shame on you
    Try and fool me. Twice you can’t cuz I won’t care. Forget Bruce tying the knot.
    He needs to focus on his children

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

'Tec is also going with a more romantic Bruce/Talia cover too.. Interesting how they're teasing this Bat-family in the same month as

1. Dark Crisis, where Bruce is dead
    2. The 'real' Bat/Cat wedding
    I wouldn't think too much into it. Talia and Bruce aren't about to get back together.
    Bruce isn't going anywhere
    Bat/cat wedding is happening outside of main continuity. None of these will have any effect going forward.

Just shows you how only a handful of titles currently being published actually have any lasting effect.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Robin #15

I almost said that this does not look like a good signal but... the knife is in Batman. Not Damian.

BANNED

I wouldn't think too much into it. Talia and Bruce aren't about to get back together
    They could for the duration of the time between now and Dark Crisis.

Bruce isn't going anywhere
    Never said he would go anywhere. I just said it was interesting they're hyping up big romances with his two leading ladies in the same month Dark Crisis deals with his loss, like they're tying up all his loose ends.

Bat/cat wedding is happening outside of main continuity
    Why do you think I put 'real' in quote marks? As far as we know, we've finally reached the legit Bat/Cat wedding in King's timeline and presumably the one that was supposed to happen in Batman#100 before DC fired him.

Aren't Bruce and Selina still in...whatever the fuck they were by the end of King's run? If that's the case I don't think he'll be doing anything with Talia. At least I hope he wouldn't.

They could for the duration of the time between now and Dark Crisis.

Never said he would go anywhere. I just said it was interesting they're hyping up big romances with his two leading ladies in the same month Dark Crisis deals with his loss, like they're tying up all his loose ends.

Why do you think I put 'real' in quote marks? As far as we know, we've finally reached the legit Bat/Cat wedding in King's timeline and presumably the one that was supposed to happen in Batman#100 before DC fired him.
    My bad. I misunderstood.

Personally hope they aren't building towards any romance. I've had enough of batman romance for the time being. Especially don't want that taking up panel space in Robin.

But that's just me.

King wasn't planning on marrying Bruce and Selina. In his own words he did everything he set out to with regards Bat/Cat and the last 15 issues he planned on doing what he didn't get the chance to. Villain of the week stories.

I feel that the Robin cover is alluding to family and the Death of the JL.
    I haven't seen the Tec cover yet.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 03-18-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Damian looks so uncomfortable...
    Talia looks odd and check out the biceps on Bruce! They are wider than Damian. lol.

I like Bruce (sometimes) and Talia, but...they kinda remind me of my mom and dad, in that they're way better off as co-parents than they are as a couple. I Just don't see it realistically working for very long unless Talia completely changes her attitude and lifestyle. Not only do I doubt she'd do that for another chance with him, but I don't want her to. They're both fine as they are now. Loving their son, separately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Aren't Bruce and Selina still in...whatever the fuck they were by the end of King's run? If that's the case I don't think he'll be doing anything with Talia. At least I hope he wouldn't.
    King ended the run with Bruce and Selina 'married in their hearts', it was Tynion that decided to put them on a 'break', which DC have ran with more or less since, I think it was a way of softening the blow of a semi-permanent hiatus for the two, it's an option for someone to pick up on if they want to tell stories with them together, but it's just as much a reason for other writers not to.

King wasn't planning on marrying Bruce and Selina. In his own words he did everything he set out to with regards Bat/Cat and the last 15 issues he planned on doing what he didn't get the chance to. Villain of the week stories..
    Bit weird how he didn't just do that for the Bat/Cat maxi-series, but I suppose he wanted to make sense of that potential future he gave the two in one of the annuals.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-18-2022 at 11:33 AM.

Bruce and Selina are basically back to business as usual in regards to their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No one is saying that Talia is a perfect parent and your original point was that Talia killed Damian.
    She didn't.
    I don't get the Talia shaming. It starts to come off as some form of Ism when a kid has 2 shitty parents and only one gets constantly villainised.

ask yourself why you always make a big deal of Talia's transgressions yet hand wave those of Bruce and Alfred. Damian's other care givers.

You point out that Talia continues giving problems to her son. Yet you never make the same point about Bruce who is still present, creating huge damaging problems for his son.

The double standard is very real.

We all are longish time comic readers here. None of us are surprised that the gender reversed Damian Robin is called Talia Kane just like we aren't surprised her Jon Kent counterpart is called Laurel Kent.

Talia isn't wrong in that clip you shared and can we remember that in the same series a few issues earlier Bruce was planning on sending 'their son' back to the LOA so yeah might wanna get off that high horse Bruce.

WHAT?? I do not see Batman as one good parent neither.. I said it before.
    I was just saying that In that image Batman is who looked like a Real parent here.

I do not see any reason to blame Alfred for anything. It would be like blame Dick Grayson.

I know that Bruce is a problem too.. I do not want BATMAN as Damian future anymore. Be Nightwing would be better for him. Also. Batman 666 showed until which point is a bad idea.

Like Dick Grayson I madurated when is about Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Bruce isn't smiling either. Like Father, like son XD

and speaking of Bruce and Damian...

Probably Bruce is remembering be involved in a similar situation before.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-18-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

WHAT?? I do not see Batman as one good parent neither.. I said it before.
    I was just saying that In that image Batman is who looked like a Real parent here.

I do not see any reason to blame Alfred for anything. It would be like blame Dick Grayson.

I know that Bruce is a problem too.. I do not want BATMAN as Damian future anymore. Be Nightwing would be better for him. Also. Batman 666 showed until which point is a bad idea.

Like Dick Grayson I madurated when is about Batman.

Probably Bruce is remembering be involved in a similar situation before.
    Nice know the
    Adventure is not over for Damian and Nika

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #14
    Just when things can't get any worse, another mysterious Batman attacks the Magistrate! Also in this issue: the fate of Damian Wayne!
    Adult Damian attacking Bruce. Just watch the colors? He is using something similar to his current Robin costume.

Future State 14 Damian Wayne vs Batman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nice know the
    Adventure is not over for Damian and Nika
    Ahahahaha. I though that it was a FANART when I wrote that.. Not Robin 15 side cover. Even as side cover it surprised me

It seems that DC was agree with us that we needed Bruce reaction
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-18-2022 at 01:34 PM.