Page 55 of 193 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Alright, this revelation about Flatline really caught me off guard.
    Poor Damian can't catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Alright, this revelation about Flatline really caught me off guard.
    Poor Damian can't catch a break.
    Yeah looks like Damian got bad dating choices from his father.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Poor Damian
    Poor Respawn
    Poor Rose

Respawn's past was brutal. Jeez. That's so fucked up. What the hell Ra's?

I'm loving it though. There's so much that can be done with this story development. This twist makes respawn much more compelling and interesting.

I take it Ra's stopped visiting because he was dead.

However it does raise some questions. I wrongly assumed that Talia was responsible. She wasn't. She must have known though. Didn't she give Damian a new spine after he got shot? Did that come from another clone or was that a different thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    spoilers:
    A lot of people liked batman vs Deathstroke.
    A lot of people liked the times Damian vs Deathstroke was explored in various formats.
    Since the days of RobinGrayson, Deathstroke vs Robin has been a thing.
    A lot of people would like Deathstroke to have more connections to Batman lore.

I can see many reasons why DC writers and fans are drawn to the idea.

People didn't like the idea of making Damian a Wilson which is a different thing all together.

Respawn as a foil or even just an addition to Damian's cast has a lot of promise.
    Besides this could be more about Damian and his mum's relationship, Talia and Slade or even Batman and deathstroke.

It's not automatically about Damian and Deathstroke.
    end of spoilers
    I like the idea of respawn as a foil for Damian and I've enjoyed what they've been doing with Slade and Damian.

I can't see how this isn't also about Slade and Damian as well as all the other possibilities you outlined.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Poor Damian
    Poor Respawn
    Poor Rose

Respawn's past was brutal. Jeez. That's so fucked up. What the hell Ra's?

I'm loving it though. There's so much that can be done with this story development. This twist makes respawn much more compelling and interesting.

I take it Ra's stopped visiting because he was dead.

However it does raise some questions. I wrongly assumed that Talia was responsible. She wasn't. She must have known though. Didn't she give Damian a new spine after he got shot? Did that come from another clone or was that a different thing?
    Give the fact that Talia created Heretic there is no doubt in my mind that she knew about Respawn. She just didn’t care is probably my thinking.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

spoilers:
    Dramatic fight in the rain with his own demon was top. I would've loved to see Gleb's take on the fight, but Cruz knocked it out of the park.

I also like how the fight and his conversation with Talia was literally a character thesis that clearly defined Damian as a character as he is now. Basically 15 years of development recapped in one issue. More writers need to do stuff like that. Helps prevent misinterpretations and misunderstandings.

Talia and Damian not fighting was unexpected but welcome, but I can't help feel trepidatious. I like Williamson. I trust Williamson. Not only does he get Damian, he gets the entire DC universe and he's the one driving the charge into a new era with Dark Crisis. With the old regime finally out of power, maybe things can finally "move forward" so to speak, but where we are moving forward from and what we choose to bring with us concerns me. Like, I want Alfred alive. He shouldn't've been killed by Didio's order. People tried to justify such a heinously unnecessary decision by saying "But what about all the cool stories that can from it?"

Yeah, what about them? Literally the only "story" to come from Alfred's death was Damian's grief and guilt, and that was never the intention of his death and something that had to be added after the fact because absolutely no forethought went into what "cool stories" would come from Alfred's death and how that would affect things.

Williamson does strike me as one who puts forethought into creative decisions which is why he chose to not have Damian and Talia fight and instead reconcile in some way, which indicates to me that creative decisions may start to finally "matter" going forward and not be treated like disposable plot points.

With Respawn's identity reveal and Damian choosing to not resurrect Alfred, certain dangling plot threads are finally tied off so no new stories will be held back by unaddressed problems.

Phew, good to know that Damian and Flatline won't be a thing and it was just her manipulating him, so suck it people who thought "stealing Damian's heart" meant anything other than what it literally says. Let's continue to reinforce Damian's disinterest in relationships.

Ra's dying isn't a spoiler, it's the inciting incident, but that unexpected death teased in the solicits has lead people to believe it will be Talia, but I'd put my money on Respawn. Talia is too important to the rest of the DC universe for her to be killed (especially when her father is the one who may be out of the picture permanently), and the concept of Damian and Slade having a familial connection was unpopular with everyone except the guy that pitched it, and now that that plot thread is tied off, no one would miss Respawn if he's killed off.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by garazza; 03-22-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Respawn is going to die. There's no other option. Solicits stated, that someone is dying, and because of that Slade will try to kill Talia. It's not Rose, because she's confirmed for Dark Crisis. So, it's obvious at this point.
    end of spoilers

Williamson continues to knock it out of the fucking park with Robin. Almost everything about this issue was perfect.
    spoilers:
    Especially love that Damian, like...immediately knew he was hallucinating. My kid's always using his head lol

The only thing I'm a little iffy on is the Flatline reveal. I guess it's still too soon to know exactly where this is going. I'm definitely not surprised she's up to something....not very good. But I do wish Williamson had waited a little bit before letting us in on this secret. I would have liked to see them actually interacting as a couple before finding out she might be using him. Makes the whole thing more tragic for the audience, rather than us knowing from the get-go.

As for Respawn...Saw that coming a mile away and I still hate it. Definitely wish he was just Grant. I just...do not like the connection DC keeps trying to make between Damian and Slade.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    She's probably was sent to get his blood (eventually she got his heart), but eventually developed feelings for him or something like that. That's going to be her conflict. But I don't see Damian continuing relationship with her after he finds out. It's Damian after all. Especially not at the moment, when he lost Ra's and Bruce.
    end of spoilers

About Respawn.. Curiously recently I started suspecting that it was that Old Man thing..

Probably because I knew that Slade and Respawn were together in the crossover and saw him related.

spoilers:
    Today's issue of Robin hit a personal note for me.

Damian saying,

because of you and batman, I know I would never have children. I would never subject them to the life we lead.

This is a sentiment that's echoed often by a lot of the service users I work with. At Risk Kids so impacted by the situation they 've had to endure growing up that they believe being born or bringing kids into the world is cruel.

That was touched a nerve.

Strong parallels between the themes in todays Robin and Deathstroke Inc. Is Talia being sincere? I believe she is but her plans doesn't align with Damian's so it's not going to end well.

Sucks that Flatline has ulterior motives. hoping she switches don't want Damian also giving up on relationships.

His 1st love was a sham.
    There's a bombshell heading his way in the form of Respawn.
    His grandfather is about to die.

Kid can't catch a break. He inherited the batman angst.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    spoilers:
    She's probably was sent to get his blood (eventually she got his heart), but eventually developed feelings for him or something like that. That's going to be her conflict. But I don't see Damian continuing relationship with her after he finds out. It's Damian after all. Especially not at the moment, when he lost Ra's and Bruce.
    end of spoilers
    Given Damian's past. He should understand more than most. After all it's not people can't change.

Damian more than most in the batfamily should understand that deserve a 2nd chance. His words to alfred in this issue are especially relevant to the Flatline going forward.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-22-2022 at 10:41 AM.

Robin 12
    spoilers:
    Relieved that Talia was right about the lingering effect. Not more darkmultiverse shit. I can´t believe that I needed Damian words to completely understand it.. Of course. Is raining and the other is not affected for it.

This is the biggest vehicle that I saw him stealing for now..

It was predictable that he will break it. But I would not discard later that it had some effect when the resin touched Alfred Grave.. He thought during a moment that it was Alfred who was here.

Alfred was the 1st in trust in him?? It seems that it took some time for him know about Dick Grayson

Ha.. as if Damian cares about what his parents can think about his life.. saying it for the Flatline comment. I was not expecting see her again today..

OK. He is dying but... After Deathstroke 7 I feel less bad about it.
    end of spoilers

Is sad what he said about his Future.. He is renouncing to have Children because sees the things continue like this.
    He really thinks that both families are cursed.

Deathstroke Inc 7
    Now I understand why the initial preview did not had any text..

spoilers:

It was weird see Slade calling him Damian while in Disguise. I thought that Slade had people spying Rose and learned that Robin and Ravager were in Lazarus island.

For this Rose said that Respawn voice was familiar. It seems that Respawn and Damian voices are similar.

Ra´s is terrible. Respawn origin reavived my hate for him. He is a lunatic. He lived in mysery and tortured and had envy of the guy with good life.. Damian

Clone and compared with Grant?? Sorry Respawn but I think that you are destined to die in this crossover.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-22-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Robin 12
    spoilers:
    Relieved that Talia was right about the lingering effect. Not more darkmultiverse shit. I can´t believe that I needed Damian words to completely understand it.. Of course. Is raining and the other is not affected for it.

This is the biggest vehicle that I saw him stealing for now..

It was predictable that he will break it. But I would not discard later that it had some effect when the resin touched Alfred Grave.. He thought during a moment that it was Alfred who was here.

Alfred was the 1st in trust in him?? It seems that it took some time for him know about Dick Grayson

Ha.. as if Damian cares about what his parents can think about his life.. saying it for the Flatline comment.

I was not expecting see Flatline again..

OK. He is dying but... After Deathstroke 7 I feel less bad about it.
    end of spoilers

Is sad what he said about his Future.. He is renouncing to have Children because sees the things continue like this.
    He really thinks that both families are cursed.
    Damian met Tim and Alfred before Dick. We also forget that Alfred was the one who 1st gave Damian the robin suit. Effectively he swayed Dick into making Damian Robin.

You could be right and the resin might indeed seep through down to Alfred.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-22-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Deathstroke Inc 7
    Now I understand why the initial preview did not had any text..

spoilers:

It was weird see Slade calling him Damian while in Disguise. I thought that Slade had people spying Rose and learned that Robin and Ravager were in Lazarus island.

For this Rose said that Respawn voice was familiar. It seems that Respawn and Damian voices are similar.

Ra´s is terrible. Respawn origin reavived my hate for him. He is a lunatic. He lived in mysery and tortured and had envy of the guy with good life.. Damian

Clone and compared with Grant?? Sorry Respawn but I think that you are destined to die in this crossover.
    end of spoilers
    I also wondered at the fact that Slade immediately assumed Respawn was Damian.

Ra's is indeed terrible. What he did to Respawn is beyond cruel. Why was he so cruel to the kid? Damian leaving doesn't feel like a satisfactory explanation.

I don't want Respawn to die.