Page 6 of 193 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

So talking about Maps since she debuts as cosplaying as Robin in Issue 119 of Batman.

They did say they'll eventually use Maps in the Robin series, Maps returning again as a cosplaying Robin in solving mysteries, and combining with Damian solving cases like he says in Son of Kal El issue 6.

Think they'll meet in a future issue where Damian is investigating a case, and that's where Maps stumbles in trying to solve the case too.

Seems that way.

Also, wonder how'll Damian react to Maps in a Robin outfit, disapproving definitely, but considering he gave her a batarang and a Robin domino mask, I'll say that he might just insult her saying that she needs to improve her detective skills.

And definitely when Maps and Damian eventually meet again, think it became a thing for the two, hand.

Like Maps hand holded Damian, and put some snot in his hands in Gotham Academy Issue 7. Then in Gotham Academy Second Semester Issue 11, Damian trying to hush Maps got his hand licked by her.

What a weird way of the two interacting but it's funny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian going to investigate for Jon doesn't make any sense either since Damian should be on Lazarus Island.
    In comics, it's extremely common that a character appearing in a book contradicts the situation of this character in another book, especially if this is just a temporal situation (like Damian trapped in Lazarus Island).

Instead, a sudden friendship between Jon and Tim to have that talk would be pretty weird.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-05-2022 at 08:46 AM.

The dialogue makes it clear the part was written for Damian but the artist Timm likely just heard Robin and drew the character that's currently identifiable as robin. Tim.

A **** up that can be blamed on DC's blurring the lines on who is Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In comics, it's extremely that a character appearing in a book comtradicts the situation of this character in another book, especially if this is just a temporal situation (like Damian trapped in Lazarus Island).

Instead, a sudden friendship between Jon and Tim to have that talk would be pretty weird.
    It's a problem that artists and readers are constantly mixing up Tim and Damian. Robin and Red Robin. That isn't good for either character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It's a problem that artists and readers are constantly mixing up Tim and Damian. Robin and Red Robin. That isn't good for either character.
    To be fair, this confusion didn't happen when Tim was only Red Robin. This confusion didn't even happen with his Red Robin suit by Tynion (a Robin suit with a double R).

The problem started when Tim started to be called Robin again. DC can't decide if Tim will be Robin or Red Robin. Also, he uses a Robin suit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    it wasn't a robin it was Tim drake specifically that was mentioned. A few people are assuming what we do know for facts is that Tim was name checked and the original drawing had Tim.

Those are the two details we know are factual not assumptions.

I'm not sure what we are even arguing about. Like I said it could be an error or the writer might have changed their mind.

the solicitis for Superman and Robin said we would find out how Damian feels about Jons new relationship implying that the title was original meant to be the place for the reveal to Damian about Jon's LGBTQ status
    It wasn't mentioned anywhere official that Tim will be there. Bleeding cool admitted that they saw the shop owners preview with the old art and in the preview the Robin looked like Tim and that's the reason they reported it.

Original drawings were clearly of Tim. Though why Tim would suddenly pop up to say hi to Jon makes no sense. But the way it was written, it was like Dick, but in Damian's body. It's weird, and not in a good way.

Bogdanovic with some commentary alongside what appears to be Damian: https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...60486938329092

"Today's artists are so slow, man. Back in the day they used to do 4 books a week!"

First off all - shush. And second of all - they had inkers you could give something like this and tell them to finish it while you go eat a sandwich and draw three more pages while eating it.

It was announced that it was Tim. BC announced Both Tim and Jackson guest spots in SoKE and the uncoloured pages show that it was Tim originally.
    I would not trust too much in BC..

These are the ones who trolled about Robin 7 like if something serious was going to happen here.. and always said a lot of nonsense to trust in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    So talking about Maps since she debuts as cosplaying as Robin in Issue 119 of Batman.

They did say they'll eventually use Maps in the Robin series, Maps returning again as a cosplaying Robin in solving mysteries, and combining with Damian solving cases like he says in Son of Kal El issue 6.

Think they'll meet in a future issue where Damian is investigating a case, and that's where Maps stumbles in trying to solve the case too.
    When was said that?? I remember WL saying about show Goliath and Maya but... Maps?
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-05-2022 at 10:50 AM.

All-New Member

My favorite robin and dc character!!! I’ve read the beginning of Teen titans,read. Robin, And gonna start supersons I love him!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    My favorite robin and dc character!!! I’ve read the beginning of Teen titans,read. Robin, And gonna start supersons I love him!
    Hope You enjoy Supersons

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    It wasn't mentioned anywhere official that Tim will be there. Bleeding cool admitted that they saw the shop owners preview with the old art and in the preview the Robin looked like Tim and that's the reason they reported it.
    Oops. My bad I wasn't aware that BC didn't have official confirmation. I thought they were informed.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post

Seems that way.

Also, wonder how'll Damian react to Maps in a Robin outfit, disapproving definitely, but considering he gave her a batarang and a Robin domino mask, I'll say that he might just insult her saying that she needs to improve her detective skills.

And definitely when Maps and Damian eventually meet again, think it became a thing for the two, hand.

Like Maps hand holded Damian, and put some snot in his hands in Gotham Academy Issue 7. Then in Gotham Academy Second Semester Issue 11, Damian trying to hush Maps got his hand licked by her.

What a weird way of the two interacting but it's funny.
    Some Maps and Damian interaction would be nice.

I wonder when we'll get the promised cameo's from Damian's other pals?

Fantastic Member

Some Maps and Damian interaction would be nice.

I wonder when we'll get the promised cameo's from Damian's other pals?
    Hoping so too, Maps and Damian are just fun to read.

Regarding Damian's other pals, guessing since the next arc is a cross over event, think after Shadow War.

Though maybe they'll appear in the Batman book in the back-up stories as a set-up.

Cause you don't just bring in Maps and have her re-appearance in a Robin outfit without the possibility of her and Damian meeting up, so I'll have the safe bets that they'll maybe appear in the Batman back-up stories as set up, or in the next arc after Shadow War.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    I would leave Teen Titans..

When the Writer&Team changes in Teen Titans 20 the things end sucking a lot for Damian.

I ended hating this writer(Glass) and his characters without finish the Run and I tried to defend what this writer was making initially.