Page 68 of 193 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm good with it too.
    I like it a lot too.

I just don't see how long term, fully committed relationship would work with those two the way that they are now. Especially in Talia's case. She's not a villain anymore, but she's still....not really a hero. She is still very much someone the leader of an organization of assassins and has zero qualms about killing people. Not only is that something I don't see Bruce turning a blind eye to if they were to seriously start seeing each other again, but it's something about her that I don't want to see changed.

They make a good looking couple but I'm not sure if they make a....good couple anymore.

Wait, I misremembered which kiss, considering I had just read Monkey Prince 3. Bruce and Talia....

A LOT needs to change before I can even think of the two being in a semi-serious relationship. Elseworlds, sure. But this Talia needs a few things either retconned, or else character development before we even think of this relationship sticking.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I just don't see how long term, fully committed relationship would work with those two the way that they are now. Especially in Talia's case. She's not a villain anymore, but she's still....not really a hero. She is still very much someone the leader of an organization of assassins and has zero qualms about killing people. Not only is that something I don't see Bruce turning a blind eye to if they were to seriously start seeing each other again, but it's something about her that I don't want to see changed.

They make a good looking couple but I'm not sure if they make a....good couple anymore.
    As long term and fully committed as anyone can expect any batman relationship to last in the comics.

If we are going to be objective. Talia isn't the only Bruce love interest who isn't a hero and Many of the Bats have killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wait, I misremembered which kiss, considering I had just read Monkey Prince 3. Bruce and Talia....

A LOT needs to change before I can even think of the two being in a semi-serious relationship. Elseworlds, sure. But this Talia needs a few things either retconned, or else character development before we even think of this relationship sticking.
    Like what?

The impression I got from RSOB, King's Batman and Metal was they were on amicable grounds.

Tynion's batman showed that Bruce still had feeling for her. So I'm not sure what else in universe that people have an issue with. If the parties involved are cool.
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-05-2022 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Wow, guess I’m the only person in the thread happy about that kiss.
    I have no problem with it, but I'm not sure if it'll go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    As long term and fully committed as anyone can expect any batman relationship to last in the comics.

If we are going to be objective. Talia isn't the only Bruce love interest who isn't a hero and Many of the Bats have killed.
    Many have killed but I can't think of any who are still as unbothered and unrepentant about it as Talia is. That's the big difference. And it's why I like Talia the way she currently is.

Jason had to completely change himself (albeit for the better, IMO) to get back into the Batfamily and he's still going through the "I'll never be good enough for you!" bullshit with Bruce. They literally had that song and dance again for like the fiftieth time a few weeks ago. I do not want that for Talia, but that's what's it gonna end up boiling down to if they decide to get back together.

The two...just don't click with me as romantic partners anymore. Allies maybe. But that's it.
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-05-2022 at 11:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have no problem with it, but I'm not sure if it'll go anywhere.
    What I think will happen is it'll be developed further in Detective Comics, where as Zdarsky won't touch it in his own Batman run.

And then Dark Crisis hits, takes Bruce away, and the relationship ends there, but not before everyone finds themselves in a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Many have killed but I can't think of any who are still as unbothered and unrepentant about it as Talia is. That's the big difference. And it's why I like Talia the way she currently is.

Jason had to completely change himself (albeit for the better, IMO) to get back into the Batfamily and he's still going through the "I'll never be good enough for you!" bullshit with Bruce. They literally had that song and dance again for like the fiftieth time a few weeks ago. I do not want that for Talia, but that's what's it gonna end up boiling down to if they decide to get back together.

The two...just don't click with me as romantic partners anymore. Allies maybe. But that's it.
    We don't know what Talia is going to do. Only the writer knows that.

Talia isn't Jason.
    Jason can't join the Batfamily because his transgressions aren't just with Bruce. Jason has to win over not just Bruce but, Damian, Dick and Tim. Family members he has personally hurt and offended.
    Jason and talia are not in the same situation.

Talia only has Bruce and Damian who seem to have forgiven and accepted her.

The two don't click for me as a item but Selina and Bruce clicked for me until Kong so I'm willing to give the story a chance. If a writer can destory a pairing as iconic as batcat. Maybe another writer might be able to turn around BruTalia

Extraordinary Member

Talia has her on thread for discussion guys

Fantastic Member

re: Bruce and Talia. Talia has always had a hold on Bruce, just like the just like the reverse is true. I've always said it was very telling that Bruce never turned Talia in for the time Ra'sused the wheel of plagues on Gotham. The Tower of Babel??(where Talia played a direct role in nearly murdering the Justice League) when Talia became the CEO of Lexcorp and her various schemes with Lex Luthor. Think the Gotham Villains anniversary issue did a lot to shade tin whom Talia is at her core. a brainwashed (from childhood)zealot. now add in the complication that she is Damians mother and he won't stand by and allow justice to be served despite all she has done, Bruce is in a real quagmire. I'M NOT SURPRISED THAT HE ON OCCASSION HE INDULGES his feelings for TsTaliA ) past writing. has described Talia as one of the most seductive women in the DCU."Beloved"(eyes welling buss swelling) add that she is genuinely wounded physically and emotionally.

:re: Damian and Talia is even more complicated.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    re: Bruce and Talia. Talia has always had a hold on Bruce, just like the just like the reverse is true. I've always said it was very telling that Bruce never turned Talia in for the time Ra'sused the wheel of plagues on Gotham. The Tower of Babel??(where Talia played a direct role in nearly murdering the Justice League) when Talia became the CEO of Lexcorp and her various schemes with Lex Luthor. Think the Gotham Villains anniversary issue did a lot to shade tin whom Talia is at her core. a brainwashed (from childhood)zealot. now add in the complication that she is Damians mother and he won't stand by and allow justice to be served despite all she has done, Bruce is in a real quagmire. I'M NOT SURPRISED THAT HE ON OCCASSION HE INDULGES his feelings for TsTaliA ) past writing. has described Talia as one of the most seductive women in the DCU."Beloved"(eyes welling buss swelling) add that she is genuinely wounded physically and emotionally.

:re: Damian and Talia is even more complicated.
    Talia being the CEO of LexCorp really complicated their relationship. The fact that she declined to meet with him, but still fed him critical information then sold him the company...and he let Death and the Maidens happen on his watch...yeah.

Complicated.

I am eternally disappointed that they didn't use her time as CEO of LexCorp as a reason to keep her parentage as Damian a secret. There's some serious antitrust issues reasons for that. Lex not going after Wayne Enterprises due to Bruce and Talia's undisclosed relationship disappoints me, although I understand why he finally understood that pissing her off is bad.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Anyone who thinks Bruce getting back with Talia makes sense is delusional. At this point she's responsible for so much misery and violence. She's murderous, manipulative, and just not at all compatible with Bruce's principles...it's not even worth going through the list of heinous things she's done.

But hey, she was more likable in the 70s when we knew much less about her besides being an exotic princess, so that's what counts I suppose.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    But hey, she was more likable in the 70s when we knew much less about her besides being an exotic princess, so that's what counts I suppose.
    I don't believe they will be a couple, but as long as she never replies to "cat" with "bat", I'd be all for it. (Ugh, sooo much worse than anything Talia ever did.)

I like Talia as something that Bruce can't really "have". He can't redeem her, best case scenario he can only resist her temptation. If he "fails" then we get situation like shown in that recent Superman/Batman story by PJK where we saw alternate Earth with Bruce ruling the Earth together with Talia.