Page 74 of 193 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2895
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Killer-bros!? I don't like that. Damian shouldn't just be embracing his killer side.
    Their both former killers

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Killer-bros!? I don't like that. Damian shouldn't just be embracing his killer side.
    I do not think that we should take this too seriously. Is not like Williamson tends to send the truth in the solicitations.

I thought once that Damian would fight against Flatline and Rose at the same time. Even the cover suggested that but Nothing like that happened.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-16-2022 at 06:40 AM.

Anyone else surprised that Batman and Detective backups that lead to the current ongoing are collected together with... Titans #43-44, Teen Titans Annual #2 and Detective Comics #1032-1033? And that the collection is called "BATMAN VS. ROBIN: ROAD TO WAR"?

I figured that with DC course correcting they'd try to downplay those stories, but now start of Williamson's run is collected with them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Anyone else surprised that Batman and Detective backups that lead to the current ongoing are collected together with... Titans #43-44, Teen Titans Annual #2 and Detective Comics #1032-1033? And that the collection is called "BATMAN VS. ROBIN: ROAD TO WAR"?

I figured that with DC course correcting they'd try to downplay those stories, but now start of Williamson's run is collected with them.
    Those backups are also collected in the 1st Robin volume, so that's not really a problem.
    I guess as Shadow war is all about Batman and Robin working together again, this book is an explanation of how they drifted so far in the first place.

Ah, wasn't aware that they are also collected in 1st Robin trade, then it makes more sense.

Do we know what Shadow War collection will be called? Maybe they are going to tie it all in and call it Batman vs Robin: Shadow War?

Incredible Member

Ah, wasn't aware that they are also collected in 1st Robin trade, then it makes more sense.

Do we know what Shadow War collection will be called? Maybe they are going to tie it all in and call it Batman vs Robin: Shadow War?
    It will to be called "Batman: Shadow War", and it seems to include only the already solicited books -
    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Shadow...s%2C334&sr=8-2

edit - I've known seen that in the catalog the "Batman vs Robin - Road to War" is solicited with "GET CAUGHT UP IN TIME FOR DC’S NEXT BIG SERIES!"
    As it's specifically hinting at a series, and not a book (like shadow war), I'm wondering if this, together with the art we've seen on Twitter of Damian smashing the Batmonible's window is supposed to hint at a Batman / Robin series?
    Last edited by Lal; 04-16-2022 at 08:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Technically those last TT issues are already course correcting since they've started focusing on Alfred as the cause of Damian going off the rails

It's the issues before that, since No Justice, when Damian's motivation was disatisfaction by his father's method, and Alfred, afaik, wasn't mentioned much

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    edit - I've known seen that in the catalog the "Batman vs Robin - Road to War" is solicited with "GET CAUGHT UP IN TIME FOR DC’S NEXT BIG SERIES!"
    As it's specifically hinting at a series, and not a book (like shadow war), I'm wondering if this, together with the art we've seen on Twitter of Damian smashing the Batmonible's window is supposed to hint at a Batman / Robin series?
    My impression was that it had in mind current Robin ongoing. But who knows, I feel like Batman vs Robin name is "marketable" so DC might want to have multiple collections with that branding.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Technically those last TT issues are already course correcting since they've started focusing on Alfred as the cause of Damian going off the rails

It's the issues before that, since No Justice, when Damian's motivation was disatisfaction by his father's method, and Alfred, afaik, wasn't mentioned much
    In fact the only time Alfred did play a role before that point he had very littly sympathy for Damian, sided with Jason and Bruce and compared Damian to Ra's al Ghul. Which made it kinda awkward when they tried to act like Alfred was always there for Damian and would have handled Damian's meltdown better than Bruce. Well, we did see Alfred react to Damian's situation when he was still alive. It was terrible.
    The Glass run damaged several relationships that I really liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    In fact the only time Alfred did play a role before that point he had very littly sympathy for Damian, sided with Jason and Bruce and compared Damian to Ra's al Ghul. Which made it kinda awkward when they tried to act like Alfred was always there for Damian and would have handled Damian's meltdown better than Bruce. Well, we did see Alfred react to Damian's situation when he was still alive. It was terrible.
    The Glass run damaged several relationships that I really liked.
    it really annoys me when it's made out like Alfred was some great and caring father figure who cared so much for Damian.

He wasn't. he was a gaslighting and manipulating old dude who was always more than ready to put Bruce's needs ahead of everyone else including those of his sons.
    Alfred was terrible to Damian on more than one occasion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    it really annoys me when it's made out like Alfred was some great and caring father figure who cared so much for Damian.

He wasn't. he was a gaslighting and manipulating old dude who was always more than ready to put Bruce's needs ahead of everyone else including those of his sons.
    Stay annoyed then, Alfred loved that boy and every child who walked into that manor

Extraordinary Member

He means that Tim is featuring in the first story of the new Batman run
    And that run is confusing me, since other books are being effected by the dark crisis like Aquamen so when does this take place?

Future State Damian is... Batman 666??
    PLEASE. Donīt be bald again.
    Future State 15 Batmen Damian Wayne.jpg

There are a lot of interactions between Alfred and Damian that I really like. All characters and relationships have good and bad writers.
    I just really hated that issue. And it was weird to see the same book act like that didn't happen. Yes, I know, different writers and DC used the lockdown to change a lot of their plans after they fired Dan Didio and abandoned 5G, but it was still part of the same storyline. I get different books contradicting each other, but at least within one book they should try harder to keep things consistent.

https://twitter.com/mikeljanin/statu...45676246769674

Does anyone remember what Mikel Janin was supposed to be working on cuz I thought he was attached to the Super office?