Page 85 of 193 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Haven't Respawn and Deathstroke trained together at the time of the murder?
    I know... Or that is what Slade thinks.

If williamson wants to make Respawn the opposite to Damian he could use any excuse to make Slade believe that he was always here despite he left.

Existing Rose and Jericho I am not sure if want another Deathstroke character who is Neutral is a good idea. Even less when he admires him and even suggested lose one eye to look more like him.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    See I was thinking the killer is Geoforce, a pretty boy king who is upset about the taking of Markovia by leviathan as seen in the opening of the Alpha, and there was a huge tunnel in the ground that the killer used to get away. I’m just saying it’s mighty suspicious.
    I see.. But this character Main focus was Ra´s not Talia.. Respawn could have contained because is his mother and can´t not blame her when she did not know his existence.

Not saying that RESPAWN is the master Plan no... Perhaps is just someone who was used for ANOTHER PERSON who caused all this chaos.

Someone contracted the Royal Flag to create FAKE DEATHSTROKES for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He has the motivation for Ra's but not for Slade... unless that's something revealed later

Not many fit the bill of pretty boy assassin though... and I don't know any to begin with

Geoforce as in Terra's brother? Well he sure has a motivation and a half
    Perhaps in his Wish to kill Ra´s was convinced for another person(the master mind of this) to kill him easily this WITHOUT THINK IN THE CONSECUENCES for slade later. He is young.

People saw this Ra´s like if he suddently turned good and... We saw his past again with Respawn. Slade already has 2 neutral Childs.. Another good Slade child? I doubt it.

Williamson could maybe want to make Respawn Damian opposite.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-30-2022 at 09:30 AM.

See my thinking for it being Geoforce is that it’s revenge two fold

1. Talia and Leviathan took Markovia from him
    2.Deathstroke’s entire history with Brion’s sister Terra.

He’s disguised as Slade, causes a huge incident by killing Ra’s removing the head of the organization he views as illegally ruling his home country. Taking him out Talia loses someone important to her, and she goes mad with revenge and takes it out on the one man Brion couldn’t possibly hate more, Slade Wilson.

In one foul swoop he can take out all his enemies as they fight and kill each other. Only one thing got in the way...Batman and son.

Don’t believe me? Who else could have made that gigantic tunnel the killer got through? A freshly made earth tunnel without any equipment?

Brion Markov is our key suspect, because he stands to gain everything from it. Revenge for home and family.

Last edited by sifighter; 04-30-2022 at 12:22 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

All-New Member

why? the last time when we see Terra she is alive and never slept with slade. Priest clearly said that nothing had happened other than a kiss. and based on the flashbacks, Williamson continues that run.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Even without the sex, he's still manipulating and hiring a teenager to get revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Even without the sex, he's still manipulating and hiring a teenager to get revenge
    Not to mention the priest series was during Rebirth era and after that series was the Metal and Death Metal events, so if everything is considered canon now...well I suppose that all depends on how Williamson chooses to address it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

All-New Member

Yeah, what he did was horrible - shame on Wolfman. I'm not arguing with that. But he was not the cause. She was already a killer when they meet.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not to mention the priest series was during Rebirth era and after that series was the Metal and Death Metal events, so if everything is considered canon now...well I suppose that all depends on how Williamson chooses to address it.
    And if everyting is ACTUALLY canon, then Talia is still a rapist. Just sayin. Gals doesn't deserve different treatment.

The gal said.

What's this with Damian's new "brother"? I don't know about this it sounds so uninspired.

It's just a contrived way of fulfilling Christopher Priests' weird dream of connecting Damian and Slade. All it's done so far is make Respawn A LOT less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kellabee View Post
    And if everyting is ACTUALLY canon, then Talia is still a rapist. Just sayin. Gals doesn't deserve different treatment.

The gal said.
    See what makes that a bit more complicated is whether or not that actually is canon. Though, last time I checked, Morrison did address that and confirm that it's not canon anymore.

Talia did not rape Bruce. That has never been the case even in Morrison's questionable retelling the dialogue from both parties before they had sex and post coital make it very very clear that the sex was consensual.

The problematic part is that Talia planned to conceive and took steps to ensure conception without Bruce's knowledge or consent.

Bruce was all blissed out and telling Talia that it was magical having everything he wanted right there [which leads me to ask, have they never had sex before?] and how waking up next to her was all he could wish for until Talia started a demented rant about how their child is going to be magnificent and how the 3 of them will totally dominate the world.

The retcon was conception without consent not sex without consent. The drugging refers to fertility enhancing agents in one of the glasses though it's not clear whose drink was spiked

Quote Originally Posted by kellabee View Post

The gal said.
    If everything is canon then Bruce and Talia were married and had consensual sex. Morrison is not the first one who wrote about Bruce and Talia having a child together.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Everything is Canon only apply to mainline publication, as in, the Golden Age, Earth 1, Earth 2, New Earth, Earth 0, and all the reboots between, and since the reboot is canon, any history changes after each reboot is also canon.

The sideline publication is canon when it's canonized by the mainline publication, like Killing Joke

So now the sex is consensual the way Fergus said

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Talia did not rape Bruce. That has never been the case even in Morrison's questionable retelling the dialogue from both parties before they had sex and post coital make it very very clear that the sex was consensual.

The problematic part is that Talia planned to conceive and took steps to ensure conception without Bruce's knowledge or consent.

Bruce was all blissed out and telling Talia that it was magical having everything he wanted right there [which leads me to ask, have they never had sex before?] and how waking up next to her was all he could wish for until Talia started a demented rant about how their child is going to be magnificent and how the 3 of them will totally dominate the world.

The retcon was conception without consent not sex without consent. The drugging refers to fertility enhancing agents in one of the glasses though it's not clear whose drink was spiked
    As much as I love the animated movies, this was further enhanced when in Son of Batman, Bruce said her drink 'made him do what she wanted.'
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's just a contrived way of fulfilling Christopher Priests' weird dream of connecting Damian and Slade. All it's done so far is make Respawn A LOT less interesting.
    To be fair, when we know little about the character we can dream up our own version that will always be cooler than whatever actually happens.

As for Priest's weird dream, as we sure that it is not shared by Bat editors?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    As for Priest's weird dream, as we sure that it is not shared by Bat editors?
    Honestly, at this point you might be right. And that is so much worse -___-