Page 86 of 193 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    To be fair, when we know little about the character we can dream up our own version that will always be cooler than whatever actually happens.

As for Priest's weird dream, as we sure that it is not shared by Bat editors?
    I see people SUPER WORRIED in twitter. Like if Damian is rejecting his Bat-brothers just for his reaction in Robin 13..

I think that people is worrying for nothing.. This Shadow Arc looks the kind of situation created just to kill him. If not the pass of time or when Williamson finishes probably will make him another forgotten character.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-01-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Its still gross that She did that. Then later manipulated Jason into sleeping with her, and now this with Slade. Its all screwy. Honestly I would not be surprised if the killer turns out to be not Respawn, but Mara as it would fit in with the clues left. And better to screw over yet another spawn of Talia.

Adding to, we can all agree that Dick's rape by Tarantula, was wrong right?
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 05-01-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's just a contrived way of fulfilling Christopher Priests' weird dream of connecting Damian and Slade. All it's done so far is make Respawn A LOT less interesting.
    I actually appreciate Williamson doing that. "Slade is Damian's father" was a dangling plot thread that could just have been ignored but would always have been there for a less scrupulous writer to pick up and cause damage. Instead, Williamson was the one to pick up that thread and tied it off because he knew the necessity of getting that idea as far from Damian as possible so he made a new character out if it so it would be impossible for that thread to be connected back to Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Its still gross that She did that. Then later manipulated Jason into sleeping with her, and now this with Slade. Its all screwy. Honestly I would not be surprised if the killer turns out to be not Respawn, but Mara as it would fit in with the clues left. And better to screw over yet another spawn of Talia.

Yeah. That's one part of Lost Days better left erased, burned, destroyed, and forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I actually appreciate Williamson doing that. "Slade is Damian's father" was a dangling plot thread that could just have been ignored but would always have been there for a less scrupulous writer to pick up and cause damage.

Instead, Williamson was the one to pick up that thread and tied it off because he knew the necessity of getting that idea as far from Damian as possible so he made a new character out if it so it would be impossible for that thread to be connected back to Damian.
    Hmmmm... People is watching this as a bad option but YOU ARE RIGHT. Is a way to save him from something like that happening again.

Reveal Superman identity in THE TRUTH was a MISTAKE but... DC did it again. In another way but his Identity was revealed again.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Hmmmm... People is watching this as a bad option but YOU ARE RIGHT. Is a way to save him from something like that happening again.

Reveal Superman identity in THE TRUTH was a MISTAKE but... DC did it again. In another way but his Identity was revealed again.
    Yeah I think revealing a clone with Slade DNA does work better.

Also if I am honest I like how the new identity reveal happened compared to Truth. I like the idea of Clark being more positive and open to the world because it's what he decides instead of a forced outing because he's being black mailed.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-01-2022 at 07:41 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    If everything is canon then Bruce and Talia were married and had consensual sex. Morrison is not the first one who wrote about Bruce and Talia having a child together.
    That's the actually how DC spins it on Damian's DC.com bio page.

I like Respawn.

Damian is right. He does look like an anime character.

I actually appreciate Williamson doing that. "Slade is Damian's father" was a dangling plot thread that could just have been ignored but would always have been there for a less scrupulous writer to pick up and cause damage. Instead, Williamson was the one to pick up that thread and tied it off because he knew the necessity of getting that idea as far from Damian as possible so he made a new character out if it so it would be impossible for that thread to be connected back to Damian.
    I don't follow, what dangling plot thread? Last page of that story was DNA test showing that Bruce is Damian's father.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't follow, what dangling plot thread? Last page of that story was DNA test showing that Bruce is Damian's father.
    Yeah, I feel like a lot of people only heard that this storyline was a thing and never actually read it. So they think it was left open to interpretation when it was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

Can we please remember that Talia is not real and writers/DC are making the decisions? DC wanted to ruin her to push Selina as Bruce's true love after Hush. Same way DC worked really hard on destroying Damian when Didio came up with his 5G agenda.
    Also, what do you mean by "and now this with Slade"?
    She had no part in Respawns creation. The story makes it pretty clear that Ra's did all of it without her knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Can we please remember that Talia is not real and writers/DC are making the decisions? DC wanted to ruin her to push Selina as Bruce's true love after Hush. Same way DC worked really hard on destroying Damian when Didio came up with his 5G agenda.
    Also, what do you mean by "and now this with Slade"?
    She had no part in Respawns creation. The story makes it pretty clear that Ra's did all of it without her knowledge.
    Damian is not real neither and these day fans are focusing in his sexuality and even his skin color.

The first thing can relax a little after DC pride 2022 comic release but the other... Will continue attacking him probably for Wayne adventures fault.
    Donīt call him WHITEWASHED when in the rest of Media he has not Dark skin. Neither when he was introduced in comics to say that.

-Even Respawn is another topic too.. But I think that Damian Haters are active again... Say AGAIN and AGAIN that Damian already has brothers looks like one Stupid effort in make him look bad.

7 years ago I would had never expected something like this... He was a kid and haters annoying.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-02-2022 at 07:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The whole thing is something that should have never made it into print in the first place... honestly sometimes I wondering how bad an idea has to be for the editorial to shut it down.