Page 93 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Frankie, as in Frankenstein.
    I see.. OK.

DAMN.. Yesterday shadow arc issue had not damian in it..

and I can not understand DC with harley.. She can join the batfamily and work for a villain group too?

What happened with LASHINA?? She works for Darkseid.

Dark Crisis writer Joshua Williamson told CBR in an exclusive interview that some key DC characters will take the spotlight in the massive crossover event following the death of the Justice League. "I really like Dr. Light and Frankenstein," he said. "Obviously, I like Damian Wayne a lot because of my history with that character, and I like getting to write him in this context. Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are cool. I like all these characters, and that's a part of why they're here."
    https://www.cbr.com/dark-crisis-give...ctor-light-dc/

https://www.comicsbeat.com/saved-by-...hot-dc-comics/
    The third notable return is that of the Super-Sons, under the pen of the duo’s original writer Peter Tomasi.

It's crumbs but I'll take it!

Two bits of Damian related news out today and I'm not a big fan of either of them.

The storyline in question is a "Batman VS Robin" book by Mark Waid.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Same!

Two bits of Damian related news out today and I'm not a big fan of either of them.

The storyline in question is a "Batman VS Robin" book by Mark Waid.
    Flatline news was bound to happen. Though, not the first time a Robin has been put into a moral quandary due to a perceived love interest. And I imagine the Robin vs Batman thing is because of the whole Shadow War event.

Astonishing Member

Considering, that Flatline is going to be in Batman vs Robin, I guess it's not the end for their relationship.

I woke up and went to work after hearing the news about Saved By The Belle Reve, so I had a good day, but I come back to have all those good feelings crushed. Oh, to have those few hours of bliss back.

First was the amazing Batman/Superman variant that is utterly ruined by it having aged up Jon on it. Second was another variant that featured Damian's kiss with Flatline as one of the seminal moments in his life, but Damian's first kiss isn't that important and Flatline's place is as part of his supporting cast like Maya, Rose, and Connor and not as a love interest. Third, I'm generally a fan of Mark Waid, but Damian's introduction was a little past his time, so I worry about Waid's characterization of Damian especially when DC is erroneously trying to force heterosexuality onto him, and a story called "Batman Vs. Robin" is an easy sell but it kinda goes against everything that's been written the past couple of years unless the "versus" refers to a 5-issue long conversation between Damian and Bruce which I absolutely would buy but if they exchange blows, DC won't have my money.

The one saving grace is that any modicum or perception of a relationship between Damian and Flatline ended just as soon as it started, so hopefully that story thread stays dead and buried beneath several feet of concrete.

K so I mostly agree with you, but they're....forcing heterosexuality onto him? I've heard that a few times when people talk about his relationship with Flatline, but I'm not really following what that means. Is him liking a girl a bad thing?
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-20-2022 at 11:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I woke up and went to work after hearing the news about Saved By The Belle Reve, so I had a good day, but I come back to have all those good feelings crushed. Oh, to have those few hours of bliss back.

First was the amazing Batman/Superman variant that is utterly ruined by it having aged up Jon on it. Second was another variant that featured Damian's kiss with Flatline as one of the seminal moments in his life, but Damian's first kiss isn't that important and Flatline's place is as part of his supporting cast like Maya, Rose, and Connor and not as a love interest. Third, I'm generally a fan of Mark Waid, but Damian's introduction was a little past his time, so I worry about Waid's characterization of Damian especially when DC is erroneously trying to force heterosexuality onto him, and a story called "Batman Vs. Robin" is an easy sell but it kinda goes against everything that's been written the past couple of years unless the "versus" refers to a 5-issue long conversation between Damian and Bruce which I absolutely would buy but if they exchange blows, DC won't have my money.

The one saving grace is that any modicum or perception of a relationship between Damian and Flatline ended just as soon as it started, so hopefully that story thread stays dead and buried beneath several feet of concrete.
    Did Damian break up with Flatline?

DC isn't forcing heterosexuality on Damian rather some fans wish he was LGBtq+.

Ultimately Damian is a property that belongs to Dc and as such he is theirs to mould however they want.

Optimistic about Waid writing Damian.

I think he wants Damian to be asexual.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yep. He's been pretty vocal about that.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yep. He's been pretty vocal about that.
    Very vocal. I give DC crap for not following their own stories or long-standing characterization. This isn't the US Supreme Court.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

K so I mostly agree with you, but they're....forcing heterosexuality onto him? I've heard that a few times when people talk about his relationship with Flatline, but I'm not really following what that means. Is him liking a girl a bad thing?
    It's like once Tim and Jon came out everyone that ever had a HC/desire of their fav Robin as LGBTQ now wants it canon.

It's like DC made one fanon HC thing canon and now everyone feels like if they say it enough times their fanon HC might just sway DC

Seriously most of the times I see comments like that it's framed as pro increased representation in comics but i don't think that's true since I've never seen those increased representation arguments used when Damian have had other love interests in Elsewheres.

I didn't see those complaints with Djinn.

It's just Flatline, who happened to introduced as a female love interest for Damian around the time when two Damian adjacent characters started dating boys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Did Damian break up with Flatline?

DC isn't forcing heterosexuality on Damian rather some fans wish he was LGBtq+.

Ultimately Damian is a property that belongs to Dc and as such he is theirs to mould however they want.

Optimistic about Waid writing Damian.
    They are definitely on the rocks at least but I don’t think she is done just yet