Page 97 of 193 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2895
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Unless Flatline only appears as part of Damian past like our beloved Alfred who is dead I think that her characters fits here. Ahahaha.

https://www.thepopverse.com/batman-v...ahmud-asrar-dc
    The event is about magic and features Talia, my theory is this event will be about what’s going on with the resurrection pits lately and will eventually resolve with Alfred coming back in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    DAMN... Change of writer can be a BAD THING. Just remember when GLASS appeared.

Also. Probably we will have to say GOODBYE to all Robin group(Rose, Flatline, Connor, Respawn)

Ehh.. We are EVEN SURE that the comic will continue after he leaves?
    Flatline is on the Batman vs Robin cover, so it seems she'll still be around, even if Robin's solo does end.

Respawn is already gone.

Rose I suspect would end up in Deathstroke Inc once that Year One arc ends. Connor... well, maybe keep Ollie dead and give him a Green Arrow book?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wet fart of a run.

I’m so sad to see Williamson go, but grateful for everything. It does seems he’s leaving before initially planned, since I remember he said he planned to stay 2 years on the book. Things change, that’s normal, but it’s sad nonetheless.

Robin #17 is not solicited as the last issue of the series, so I suppose there’s more to come. I just hope the next writer is someone who likes Damian and wants the best for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The event is about magic and features Talia, my theory is this event will be about what’s going on with the resurrection pits lately and will eventually resolve with Alfred coming back in the event.
    Today I saw one Alfred Statue that probably appeared in Nightwing.. I can not see Alfred returning soon when DC is praising him like that after his dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Flatline is on the Batman vs Robin cover, so it seems she'll still be around, even if Robin's solo does end.

Respawn is already gone.

Rose I suspect would end up in Deathstroke Inc once that Year One arc ends. Connor... well, maybe keep Ollie dead and give him a Green Arrow book?
    We will see..

Yeah. Poor Slade.

We will see.. Hoping continue watching them in other comics.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-21-2022 at 01:01 PM.

So... place your bets. Who will be the next writer?
    Some say Waid... But I think it will be Nadia Shammas.
    I think Williamson has been preparing her to take her place.

Ahahahaha... Probably the Vampire King suspects of him and for this continues hiding from Damian.

https://graphicpolicy.com/2022/05/21...res-hunters-1/

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    I’m so sad to see Williamson go, but grateful for everything. It does seems he’s leaving before initially planned, since I remember he said he planned to stay 2 years on the book. Things change, that’s normal, but it’s sad nonetheless.

Robin #17 is not solicited as the last issue of the series, so I suppose there’s more to come. I just hope the next writer is someone who likes Damian and wants the best for him.
    Damn.. 2 years is 24 solicitations. We were not enough lucky.

Hoping that we are lucky..

Quote Originally Posted by delaviux View Post
    Who is Nadia Shammas??

About Maid. I read this here:

Two new series (with maybe more to come) points to Waid’s attitude upon returning to DC after more than a decade, with the Eisner Award-winning writer determined to give readers something that they’ve never seen before and make something new for people to enjoy.
    https://www.thepopverse.com/batman-v...ahmud-asrar-dc

Involved in a Damian related mini like that it would not surprise me see this writer in Robin too.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-21-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Williamson is leaving the Robin book. Issue #17 is going to be his last issue -
    https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...92887392321536
    Well, that's...surprising. Robin was sort of his passion project and to leave it earlier than expected is disappointing. His run had its up and downs but what run doesn't. It was perfectly serviceable and that is not a bad thing. Not every run has to blow down the door and break down the walls.

If Waid is the guy that's going to be the next writer, I don't want to be all doom and gloom about him, but we all know what happened the last time someone who wasn't familiar with Damian wrote him. Waid is a consummate professional so I feel he would put in the work and actually read Damian's stories but what if he gets the wrong take away from them?

Personally I'd say this is the perfect opportunity to bring back Tomasi. He hasn't entirely been alienated from DC, he's still floating around there from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Well, that's...surprising. Robin was sort of his passion project and to leave it earlier than expected is disappointing. His run had its up and downs but what run doesn't. It was perfectly serviceable and that is not a bad thing. Not every run has to blow down the door and break down the walls.

If Waid is the guy that's going to be the next writer, I don't want to be all doom and gloom about him, but we all know what happened the last time someone who wasn't familiar with Damian wrote him. Waid is a consummate professional so I feel he would put in the work and actually read Damian's stories but what if he gets the wrong take away from them?

Personally I'd say this is the perfect opportunity to bring back Tomasi. He hasn't entirely been alienated from DC, he's still floating around there from time to time.
    I would really rather Damian get a new writer than have Tomasi back. Damian has grown up since Tomasi wrote him and I'd hate to see him regress because of Tomasi wanting to go back to the Damian he wrote.

I love Tomasi' work with Damian but I don't think he always needs to come back.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by delaviux View Post
    Eeek. I hope not, that Shadow War Games story made Talia far less intelligent and less skilled, but more immature and impulsive, than Damian was at half her age. That would not bode well for Damian's characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I would really rather Damian get a new writer than have Tomasi back. Damian has grown up since Tomasi wrote him and I'd hate to see him regress because of Tomasi wanting to go back to the Damian he wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love Tomasi' work with Damian but I don't think he always needs to come back.
    Normally I would agree, but I think this would be a good opportunity for Tomasi to try his hand at a more seasoned Damian. I don't like this misconception that writers, when writing a character they earlier had a significant impact on, would regress them back to a previous iteration after other writers had their turn with the character. Some writers are extremely guilty of that, but I don't believe Tomasi to be one of those. He knows how to roll with the punches, so he wouldn't go back and undo everything that has happened to him the past couple years, but would actually see those as opportunities for growth and development and given it would be written by the guy that gave Damian his voice in the first place, it wouldn't feel unnatural or out of character because Tomasi actually has an interest in developing Damian into new places. Tomasi was one of the writers that gave Damian his first few friends, and now that Damian has a few more, it wouldn't be like this wasn't where Tomasi was going to take the character in the first place. He probably wouldn't have chosen Connor (who would?), but now that Connor was chosen for him and it was a dynamic that was shown to work, I wonder what Tomasi's take would be for Damian's shonen rival rather than his best friend.
    Last edited by garazza; 05-21-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Normally I would agree, but I think this would be a good opportunity for Tomasi to try his hand at a more seasoned Damian. I don't like this misconception that writers, when writing a character they earlier had a significant impact on, would regress them back to a previous iteration after other writers had their turn with the character. Some writers are extremely guilty of that, but I don't believe Tomasi to be one of those. He knows how to roll with the punches, so he wouldn't go back and undo everything that has happened to him the past couple years, but would actually see those as opportunities for growth and development and given it would be written by the guy that gave Damian his voice in the first place, it wouldn't feel unnatural or out of character because Tomasi actually has an interest in developing Damian into new places. Tomasi was one of the writers that gave Damian his first few friends, and now that Damian has a few more, it wouldn't be like this wasn't where Tomasi was going to take the character in the first place. He probably wouldn't have chosen Connor (who would?), but now that Connor was chosen for him and it was a dynamic that was shown to work, I wonder what Tomasi's take would be for Damian's shonen rival rather than his best friend.
    I don't think another run by Tomasi would be bad, I just would rather see someone new. I'm not doubting his ability to write a good story at all, he is a great writer.

lol... I am visiting one person twitter and it seems that one simple preview made Vampire damian famous I saw him in 3 persons fanarts.

https://twitter.com/niteween/status/1528072553163591685

https://twitter.com/qoenqq/status/1528046695702925313

https://twitter.com/jjoldi5160/statu...49080072491008

Ideally I'd love for Gleason to return.