Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Don Newton art from DC Comics Presents #54.

GCD lists Dan Adkins as the inker for that story.
    Based on that one page, I'm not sure how good a fit he was for Don Newton.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    GCD lists Dan Adkins as the inker for that story.
    Based on that one page, I'm not sure how good a fit he was for Don Newton.
    From this page?? A terrible fit!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    If they could chain him to the writing table long enough, I would like to see Kevin Smith take another swing at the Arrow Family.
    He's not the writer he used to be. I adored his Green Arrow, but I don't think he'd be a good fit for him anymore.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He's not the writer he used to be. I adored his Green Arrow, but I don't think he'd be a good fit for him anymore.
    He seems pretty comfortable working back in cinema. I've heard good things about Clerks III.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He seems pretty comfortable working back in cinema. I've heard good things about Clerks III.
    I've heard the reverse, sadly, but I haven't enjoyed a Kevin Smith film in a very long time so perhaps I'm the wrong person to ask.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Ollie's dreams look fun .

Green Arrow will appear in the new preschool centered Batwheels cartoon, voiced by MacLeod Andrews.

Green Arrow (voiced by MacLeod Andrews) — As quick with a quip as he is with his quiver, Green Arrow is Batman’s crime-fighting bro with a bow. Green Arrow gets his kicks taking down baddies with his multipurpose arrows and ribbing Batman with his good-natured humor when the day’s work is done.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    If they could chain him to the writing table long enough, I would like to see Kevin Smith take another swing at the Arrow Family.
    I would like to see what Smith would do 20 years later with Ollie and the family.

Oh and Clerks III was amazing!!!!
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I would like to see what Smith would do 20 years later with Ollie and the family.

Oh and Clerks III was amazing!!!!
    I'll take your word for it. I think the last Kevin Smith movie that really impressed me might have been Dogma or Strikes Back, and with the latter I suspect I was just the right age for it. I remember thinking, at the time, that maybe he should move into comics full time after his GA run. His Batman run convinced me it was probably a fluke.

But I do adore that Green Arrow run.
    May we never forget:

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

What was great about Kevin Smith's run was although he had a TRULY big love for Oliver Queen and put the hard word on DC editorial that if they gave him the opportunity he would triple their sales with Ollie as headliner, he didn't throw Connor under the bus. (Well, in the first arc anyway...)
    He showed you don't have to ignore or piss all over what came before. If you have the desire (and talent) you can use it to your advantage.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'll take your word for it. I think the last Kevin Smith movie that really impressed me might have been Dogma or Strikes Back, and with the latter I suspect I was just the right age for it. I remember thinking, at the time, that maybe he should move into comics full time after his GA run. His Batman run convinced me it was probably a fluke.

But I do adore that Green Arrow run.
    I am a HUGE Kevin Smith fan. I hated Clerks II. That was like a really really bad movie. Clerks III made me laugh, made me cry and more of what I just said. So many people in the same theater I went to see it in had no idea who some of these characters are. It was amazing to see them all together again. Say what you want about Smith but this guy has kept the same crew of friends and cast members together for over 30+ years. There is a scene in the middle of the movie where its dark outside and Jay and Silent Bob are about to do something in front of the store. What happens next is simple amazing. I have been following the Viewaskew universe since I was very young. I am 41 years old now. My cousin showed me Clerks when I was like 12 or 13. Then Mallrats came out and I fell in love. I have been in love ever since. I go down to NJ once a year with my son and stay in Red Bank.

Anyways...back to Green Arrow. What Smith did with the character 20 years ago was amazing. Do I think he could do the same now? Maybe, maybe not. Id like to see it though. Look at what he did with He-Man. Everyone hated it at the start but by the end they loved and and are begging for more. Kevin Smith is very talented. I would love to see him back writing and DC or Marvel comic.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Green Arrow #1 by writer Joshua Williamson and artist Sean Izaakse

April 2023

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...37779623522304

Time to bring the band back together to get Ollie .

I'm guessing we'll see Dinah, Roy, Emiko, Mia, and Connor in this.

Very excited about the news of the family coming together.