Page 89 of 103 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1539

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Maybe they'll start to honor Linda's side of the family, since both of the twins have names from Wally's.
    Only Irey does. The only one with a name similar to Jai is Jay Garrick, but he's not related to the silver age Flashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I think it's been implied that Charlotte still exists and there's four west siblings now, but it's weird considering Iris' whole deal.
    Isn't Iris adopted? Which means that the whole "from the future" thing doesn't affect her siblings (since they're her adoptive parents' real kids)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Talking about the Flash family, I remembered this image:

Does anyone know if everything is correct?
    Since when is Avery the love interest of Kong Kenan? Didn't he fancy the local reporter girl (a Lois expy) in New Super-Man? She's also no relation to Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Well, we have roughly seven months up to the Flash movie, and 12 Isis until Flash 800. The book odds going going in January, so both Flash 800 and the movie will debut at the same time, more or less. Is be really surprised if they don't try to use the opportunity to sleeve Barry for a while. I doubt Walt is really going anywhere though : the book has a lot of positive buzz, Adams seems to be becoming a hot name at DC and I bet their social media crew is enjoying the relative peace.
    Hopefully they'll just give Barry his own second Flash book instead of ending Wally's.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-29-2022 at 12:44 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hopefully they'll just give Barry his own second Flash book instead of ending Wally's.
    Wally can go into a short hiatus, maybe become a secondary character in his own book for a few months. It's happened before, it was no big deal. I mean, DC way of doing things pretty much guarantees Barry will have to have some fort of spotlight next year. Doesn't have to be a threat to Wally; old management has been gone for a while now and with it all of that non-redundancy BS.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Only Irey does. The only one with a name similar to Jai is Jay Garrick, but he's not related to the silver age Flashes.
    I'm well aware that Jay is not blood related with Wally. Jay still is family to him. We don't call them the Flash Family without a reason.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Since when is Avery the love interest of Kong Kenan? Didn't he fancy the local reporter girl (a Lois expy) in New Super-Man? She's also no relation to Barry.
    That never went anywhere.

Kenan did start dating one of the scientists who worked with the JL of China but there was also some romantic tension between him and Avery.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Wally can go into a short hiatus, maybe become a secondary character in his own book for a few months. It's happened before, it was no big deal. I mean, DC way of doing things pretty much guarantees Barry will have to have some fort of spotlight next year. Doesn't have to be a threat to Wally; old management has been gone for a while now and with it all of that non-redundancy BS.
    Just watched an interview with Adams from one month ago, Wally is not going anywhere, he's going to be the main Flash for a while. He continued to say Barry is mostly Williamson's domain for now, except when they let him play with the whole family in events like One Minute War. He has already mapped out till Flash #800 and has thought about the next big storyline after OMW so it's fair to say Barry is not coming back by then, even. He's already set-up a lot of Wally stories and plot that he still has to do.
    Last edited by Maxi; 11-29-2022 at 04:29 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Just watched an interview with Adams from one month ago, Wally is not going anywhere, he's going to be the main Flash for a while. He continued to say Barry is mostly Williamson's domain for now, except when they let him play with the whole family in events like One Minute War. He has already mapped out till Flash #800 and has thought about the next big storyline after OMW so it's fair to say Barry is not coming back by then, even. He's already set-up a lot of Wally stories and plot that he still has to do.
    Barry coming back or having a spotlight shone on him for a few months doesn't mean Wally has to stop being the main Flash. Wally's book was "starred" by Walter, John Fox and even Jay Garrick for a couple of issues. Barry's mere presence is not a threat to Wally, contrary to what the previous management wanted us to believe. No matter how they play this I think right now we're pretty safe from demotions, crappy costumes, sidelinings, mass murders, pacemakers, erasures or "Wally who?" jokes.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I could be wrong but I don't think DC will push Barry as the main Flash again for synergy reasons. The TV show is ending and the movie is tainted by Ezra Miller (who barely resembles comics' Barry anyway).

And this is a potentially unpopular opinion but I think DC should pick between Barry and Wally as "the main Flash" and leave it settled. I don't think both characters are different enough to sustain two ongoings. But I don't think you need to get rid of the other either like DiDio did. My ideal scenario is Wally starring in the solo Flash series while Barry is the JL Flash
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 11-29-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Why not go the Oprah path?
    YOU get a speedster! And YOU get a speedster!

JLA - Barry
    Titans - Wally
    Teen Titans - Ace
    Young Justice - Bart
    JL of China - Avery
    JSA - Jay
    Infinity Inc - Jesse
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post

JLA - Barry
    Titans - Wally
    Teen Titans - Ace
    Young Justice - Bart
    JL of China - Avery
    JSA - Jay
    Infinity Inc - Jesse
    I feel like JSA is kind of cheating here with Jay, Jesse, and now Judy.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't think DC will push Barry as the main Flash again for synergy reasons. The TV show is ending and the movie is tainted by Ezra Miller (who barely resembles comics' Barry anyway).

And this is a potentially unpopular opinion but I think DC should pick between Barry and Wally as "the main Flash" and leave it settled. I don't think both characters are different enough to sustain two ongoings. But I don't think you need to get rid of the other either like DiDio did. My ideal scenario is Wally starring in the solo Flash series while Barry is the JL Flash
    I still think its worth at least trying out two separate Flash books to keep everyone happy. At least then if it doesn't work out we know it was at least attempted.

Having said that, if we can't have two Flash books then yeah, Wally all the way. Personally, I feel that Barry would work best as a supporting character as part of the Flash family for Wally than the other way around but I'd still like Barry to have a presence here and there in Wally's life. I like Barry enough but if the last decade has taught me anything it's that I'm just not really interested in reading a monthly book about him.

JLA - Barry
    Titans - Wally
    Teen Titans - Ace
    Young Justice - Bart
    JL of China - Avery
    JSA - Jay
    Infinity Inc - Jesse
    The team books are easy to figure out. It's deciding who headlines the main book that causes problems.

Extraordinary Member

JLA - Barry
    Titans - Wally
    Teen Titans - Ace
    Young Justice - Bart
    JL of China - Avery
    JSA - Jay
    Infinity Inc - Jesse
    Legion of Superheroes - Jenni

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Legion of Superheroes - Jenni
    I can't believe I forgot Jenni!!
    Thanks for correcting my oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post

The team books are easy to figure out. It's deciding who headlines the main book that causes problems.
    Give us the two books we were promised a over decade ago and everything will be sweet.

If we can have 2 GL books, 3 Superman titles and a gazillion Bat-related comics, surely DC can manage 2 Flash titles!
    Hell, I'd be happy with 2 books shipping bi-monthly.
    That way, you get 12 books a year, 6 books each focusing on either Barry or Wally.

Incredible Member

One way I can see them being different enough is to do what they wanted to do over a decade ago before New 52 screwed up plans for the franchise: Having a Flash Barry Allen title and another Wally title called The Flash: Speed Force or something like that, which would essentially act as a Flash Family book with Wally as the central character, the Green Lantern Corps equivalent of Flash. Adams wants a second Flash title anyway.

The Flash lore is big enough for multiple titles. Not that I think it would sell but creatively, even The Rogues could totally sustain their own book.
    Last edited by Maxi; 11-29-2022 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I feel like JSA is kind of cheating here with Jay, Jesse, and now Judy.
    Honest, with the incorporation of Judy, I fear for the destiny of Jesse.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin