Page 34 of 103 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Huh, sounds more important than the regular issue following it, since they mention in the interview that there'll be a revelation about Linda and her powers in it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Theres a really wack interview or letter column somewhere where Wolfman talks about how much he hated Wally. Wolfman hated writing him too and didn't like his abilities at all so he just didn't care at all. If Barry didn't die, Wally might have never recovered from Wolfman's TT run. Also this isn't even the worst thing Wally says, he is directly racist in front of Roy.

Wolfman talks about making him racist trash on purpose to alienate him from readers and he eventually goes so far as to retire Wally with a disease that took his abilities away. He had the control of Wallys status quo, the Flash writer/editor had none. Wallys Flash run might be confusing to some because it begins with a reference to this odd disease and sort of dismisses it. It also references a horrible romance Wolfman never believed in with Wally and Raven in the same issue.

All that weird **** aside let's not forget that Wolfman also wrote a self insert to marry Donna. This run has about as many issues as Wolfman did lol.

Although Wolfman "The New Teen Titans" series is one of the most classic runs today, not everything is perfect in this run.

Astonishing Member

Just yoinked that one straight off Reddit, huh?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Just yoinked that one straight off Reddit, huh?
    Yeah, but i wonder how would CBR reacts?

Astonishing Member

There's not much to say about it. It's pretty well known that Wolfman didn't like Wally and it's why he's written so standoffishly.

I at least don't mind it now because I think it ultimately worked out for the best in building up Wally's character into the man he became.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There's not much to say about it. It's pretty well known that Wolfman didn't like Wally and it's why he's written so standoffishly.
    And most people didn't became fans of Wally cause of the New Teen Titans, so they just tend to ignore that fase anyways.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    I'll never understand what was so bad about Waid's second stint. Chain Lightning was incredibly epic and emotional. The evil lost twin thing I just shrug it off as a comic book thing.
    By second stint, I meant #231-236 (The Wild Wests).
    His return from the year-long title swap with Morrison (#142-159) was pretty solid.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Didn’t Wally have a huge crush on Raven? Growing out of that is major character development, I’d say.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Didn’t Wally have a huge crush on Raven? Growing out of that is major character development, I’d say.
    Didn't Raven manipulated Wally to make him think he liked her?

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Didn't Raven manipulated Wally to make him think he liked her?
    Yeah, it uh...wasn't a completely natural romance. And Wally had a lot of complicated feelings about Raven afterwards.

Incredible Member

Honestly Jeremy Adams has easily become one of my favourite writers. Mind you he stole my heart with that old school legion of doom issue with Wally slapping Luthor but when I read interviews like this he’s hitting the right buttons.

Incredible Member

How ironic is that Wolfman was the guy who killed Barry and put Wally into the Flash boots (after curing him of the very disease he gave him), starting his rise to prominence and eventual popularity. Editorial mandate, I guess.

Astonishing Member

Hoping someone on here can help me out

A flash in red and silver was used during the grant Morrison jla run, they interested with superman who when telling the team about it, refused to say who it was but that he trusted them

That's all I can remember,

Does anyone know who this flash was

I thought it might be Walter West but they didn't seem villainous

Thanks all

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Hoping someone on here can help me out

A flash in red and silver was used during the grant Morrison jla run, they interested with superman who when telling the team about it, refused to say who it was but that he trusted them

That's all I can remember,

Does anyone know who this flash was

I thought it might be Walter West but they didn't seem villainous

Thanks all
    It was Walter West.

Just curious, where did you get the notion Walter was a villain?
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 08-11-2022 at 04:44 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!