Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where did "Ace" even come from though...
    Editorial.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

It came from here. Sometimes, somethings make the jump. It's not always good, but in this case it is.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Double post
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

In-universe, Wally's idea. He felt awkward calling him Wallace (since of course it's also his own name), so he brainstormed other nicknames. Ace is simply the last three letters of Wallace, so it makes sense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In-universe, Wally's idea. He felt awkward calling him Wallace (since of course it's also his own name), so he brainstormed other nicknames. Ace is simply the last three letters of Wallace, so it makes sense.
    Could be worse, they could be calling him "Lacey."

Where did Wally communicate this? I don't recall it being explained in the Flash book. Was it in Teen Titans or something?
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

I like the Ace nickname, especially since i have an attachment to this name cause of One Piece.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Where did Wally communicate this? I don't recall it being explained in the Flash book. Was it in Teen Titans or something?
    Yes, in their War for Earth-3 tie-in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Personally I would've had him be called "Walter" rather than "Wallace." But hey, it's enough to prevent confusion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Editorial.
    Where did you hear this?

Yes, in their War for Earth-3 tie-in.
    Thanks! I only read the Flash issue tie in. Not Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Where did you hear this?
    Guess I should I have added "I think". Considering it came out of nowhere and it's been a running joke among the fandom that we have two Flash characters with the name Wally now, it stands to reason to think DC decided they should use different names too. After all that's where "Jace" came from as well, since they didn't want two Bat characters to be called Tim all the time.

It should have always been Ace. We kept writing it here too. Adams gave Ace his own personality and role, I think he'll be a better sidekick to Wally than he ever was to Barry.

Then again I think this is the best book has been in years so...No more "my dead mom" angst which is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    It should have always been Ace. We kept writing it here too. Adams gave Ace his own personality and role, I think he'll be a better sidekick to Wally than he ever was to Barry.

Then again I think this is the best book has been in years so...No more "my dead mom" angst which is awesome.
    Bingo! Flash should generally be a positive, happy book. For the most part at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

I have to admit I have never thought of "Ace" until people kept bringing it up. I want Wallace to be missing Barry though.

I think it's a good (re)start for Wally and family even if I think eventually the tone might shift eventually once things get settled down.