Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1539
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The Flash: Barry Allen and The Flash: Wally West is the way to go. Maybe Flash #800 is the finale and they relaunch with both titles.
    If that's the case, i agree, Adams still has to be writing Wally.
    I'd LOVE that, Marvel have proved you can have two Cap titles (SAM WILSON and STEVE ROGERS) and DC are trying it with Green Lantern (John Stewart and Hal Jordan) so I REALLY hope they will try it with the Flash (and yes, keeping Adams on the Wally title).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I'd LOVE that, Marvel have proved you can have two Cap titles (SAM WILSON and STEVE ROGERS) and DC are trying it with Green Lantern (John Stewart and Hal Jordan) so I REALLY hope they will try it with the Flash (and yes, keeping Adams on the Wally title).
    And don't forget that Sam has much less of a history as Cap than Wally as Flash, who became an iconic figure on the level of his predecessor and even beyond. If Marvel can do it, DC has no excuse. We have two Supermen, Flash is BUILT on legacy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    The moment you change Wally's costume to something less similar to the iconic one, the message becomes incredibly clear: He ceases to be "The Flash" and becomes "The lesser Flash", or "Glorified sidekick". The guy who's not the real deal, and will never be, even though he is. Massive character regression, but I guess it doesn't matter in an era of movie marketability. I understand the problem of the costumes but God, bringing Barry back was a mistake.
    I think that's more just fan insecurity talking than anything else, but I've had this conversation not that long ago on here and have no desire to get into it again. I will say that while I love all of the Flashes, attitudes like yours have definitely soured me on Wally over the years.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 11-19-2022 at 07:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Say what you will, but one thing Ethan Van Sciver once said in regards to Wally's costume was that if you give him a costume where you expose his hair again, it feels like you relegate him right back to being a sidekick. And Barry is Barry so I can understand DC not wanting to change either of their costumes, but I do think it can create some confusion if you're not in touch with current Flash events. Someone might even think one of them could be an older Bart again for all you know.
    I will never understand why having exposed hair makes him look like a sidekick. If anything, that second KF costume is when he started to have an individual look. His original KF costume was him just wearing a copy of Barry's suit, which seems kind of sadder now that he's an adult.

There's nothing wrong with the costume itself or giving him a more separate look, it's all because it bears a strong visual connection to his sidekick days.
    If Nightwing started wearing a cape and pixie boots again, people would associate that with Robin again despite that Dick hasn't been Robin in 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I think that's more just fan insecurity talking than anything else, but I've had this conversation not that long ago on here and have no desire to get into it again. I will say that while I love all of the Flashes, attitudes like yours have definitely soured me on Wally over the years.
    Fans of the character that got:

Sidelined > Erased > Replaced > Brought back with a costume designed with the intention to make him look like Kid Flash > Lost his wife > Lost his kids > Had his heart affected by a meanless crossover to the point that he needed a pacemaker > Characted assassinated.

Are overly protective of him? Who would've thought?

I will never understand why having exposed hair makes him look like a sidekick. If anything, that second KF costume is when he started to have an individual look. His original KF costume was him just wearing a copy of Barry's suit, which seems kind of sadder now that he's an adult.
    It was already explained by people here ad nauseam why we think that way.

There is no need for this argument again. Both sides aren't going to change their stance and it's not like we have the power to change his costume or not.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I still like the Rebirth suit but I'm fine with his current look.

Incredible Member

Well, I think the same. I loved Barry, but DiDio and everyone who didn't properly acknowledge Wally's place on the legacy soured me on him over the years. The "real" Flash is back, guys, here's no need for the wannabe replacement now. You have no idea how many newer fans who disregarded Wally I've encountered. Barry wasn't treated that way while Wally was the main Flash, we learned how important he was through Wally. He had the greatest of finales a hero can hope for, and so much greatness was built upon that. Bringing him back cheapened his sacrifice and diminished Wally, who now has to live in his shadow again, as these comments make evident. Neither character gained anything from it. Why should Wally be the one who takes a step back and gives up the iconic suit when it belongs to him as much as it does to Barry?

Imagine proving to be more than capable for your Father's job and actually doing it for years in a way some may argue it's even better, then suddenly he comes back and they tell you it was all a joke and the real guy is back and they don't need you anymore. Yeah, it's shitty in real life, and it's also a shitty story.
    Last edited by Maxi; 11-19-2022 at 09:13 AM.

BANNED

Well, I think the same. I loved Barry, but DiDio and everyone who didn't properly acknowledge Wally's place on the legacy soured me on him over the years. The "real" Flash is back, guys, here's no need for the wannabe replacement now. You have no idea how many newer fans who disregarded Wally I've encountered. Barry wasn't treated that way while Wally was the main Flash, we learned how important he was through Wally. He had the greatest of finales a hero can hope for, and so much greatness was built upon that. Bringing him back cheapened his sacrifice and diminished Wally, who now has to live in his shadow again, as these comments make evident. Neither character gained anything from it. Why should Wally be the one who takes a step back and gives up the iconic suit when it belongs to him as much as it does to Barry?

Imagine proving to be more than capable for your Father's job and actually doing it for years in a way some may argue it's even better, then suddenly he comes back and they tell you it was all a joke and the real guy is back and they don't need you anymore. Yeah, it's shitty in real life, and it's also a shitty story.
    I don't think we do feel the same. Wally doesn't exist in Barry's shadow any more than John Stewart lives in Hal's. Nobody thought John was disrespected when he stopped wearing the classic GL suit and now he's arguably more recognizable than Hal. If anything, having Barry and Wally in virtually identical costumes is making them seem redundant. I even said I would even be fine with Barry changing his costume, despite it being, you know, his costume. I don't think Wally needs another guy's outfit to be a valid character. That seems more insulting to the character in my mind.

But either way, despite starting reading comics in the 90s, Barry was probably my favorite Flash. But I never wanted anything bad to happen to Wally. I have almost every issue of his Flash run and always supported the character. Yet, every forum I've been in always has Wally fans disparaging Barry and saying he's boring and should be dead and how Wally should be the best and only Flash. That kind of **** has genuinely diminished my love of the Wally West character. And it sucks, because I always liked him.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 11-19-2022 at 09:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    See, I think there's already enough subtle differences to tell them apart. And a couple of other minor tweaks would make it easier again.
    Wally has the sleeker earpieces, the cowl over the nose, white eyes, altered lightning on the emblem, no wing tips on his boots.

Now if DC simply changed Barry's belt to it's original design and returned Wally to the crimson coloured costume, issue solved. They would be easily identified, especially if side by side.
    All the differences are too subtle, and artists frequently get them wrong. The more subtle differences that are added, the more subtle differences the artists will get wrong.

Barry is the one with the chin strap, unless the artist gets it wrong. Wally is the one with white eyes, unless the artist gets it wrong. Wally's costume is a darker shade of red, unless the colorist gets it wrong.

The Blue Beetle costumes are immediately, at a glance different. The uninitiated can tell the difference.

Genuinely happy about the last issue and to be proven wrong. I'll be supporting the book without any doubts now.

We'll see how Dark Crisis goes but it's been almost two years with Wally as the lead, sounds to me the feedback is quite positive to keep going for long. I hope Wally is given a solo or keeps the lead after the inevitable relaunch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Genuinely happy about the last issue and to be proven wrong. I'll be supporting the book without any doubts now.

We'll see how Dark Crisis goes but it's been almost two years with Wally as the lead, sounds to me the feedback is quite positive to keep going for long. I hope Wally is given a solo or keeps the lead after the inevitable relaunch.
    I'm hoping for Wally and Barry to have their own books, like they're doing with Hal Jordan and John Stewart. Definitely want Adams to stay on Wally because he's killing it. Honestly, I wouldn't mind him on a Barry book also, since I think he writes him better than most modern writers.

But yeah, Adams on Wally is a perfect match and I hope they keep it going.

If they relaunch the book into two, how would you guys split the supporting characters?

Obviously Iris stay with Barry and Linda\the Kids with Wally, but the rest of the team? To me, Avery goes to Barry's book and Jessie stays in Wally's.
    Jay and Max should be avaliable for both books.

If you asked me before Jeremy Adams, i would easily say Bart with Wally and Ace with Barry, but today i don't really know. Maybe the Wests and the Allens should stick together, but i wouldn't mind either way.

Also, Central City for Barry and Keystone for Wally.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    If they relaunch the book into two, how would you guys split the supporting characters?

Obviously Iris stay with Barry and Linda\the Kids with Wally, but the rest of the team? To me, Avery goes to Barry's book and Jessie stays in Wally's.
    Jay and Max should be avaliable for both books.

If you asked me before Jeremy Adams, i would easily say Bart with Wally and Ace with Barry, but today i don't really know. Maybe the Wests and the Allens should stick together, but i wouldn't mind either way.

Also, Central City for Barry and Keystone for Wally.
    IMO any member of the Flash family should be able to show in any of the books. The Bart/Ace split it's exactly like Tim showing up in Nightwing's book even though Damian was his Robin. But Damian can also show up in Batman alongside Bruce.

IMO any member of the Flash family should be able to show in any of the books. The Bart/Ace split it's exactly like Tim showing up in Nightwing's book even though Damian was his Robin. But Damian can also show up in Batman alongside Bruce.
    Well, every character should be able to appear in any book, but i'm talking more about recurring characters.
    Tim and Damian have writers attached to them, so their development is following what is happening to their book.
    Tim can appear in Nightwing, but nothing of significance will happen to him there.

Bart and Ace don't have that, so it's easier to have just one writer focusing on one of them.