Page 30 of 103 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Jeremy Adams hosted a Twitter space last night. I sadly couldn't stay past the 15 minute mark due to work, but I caught that he has an event in Flash planned for next year. Also, what a nice guy!
    That's cool .

Jeremy Adams hosted a Twitter space last night. I sadly couldn't stay past the 15 minute mark due to work, but I caught that he has an event in Flash planned for next year. Also, what a nice guy!
    Good news that Wally is in the main title after Dark Crisis then.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Great to know that Adam’s has future plans
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

To the point I was able to follow, Adam's said that this story he had planned organically meshed with Dark Crisis, that when he was asked to pitch the Flash he gave them about 3 years of material (and they thought that what he gave them was too nick material for 3 years), and he stressed several times that he wanted to do another Flash book and, if they let him, he'll deliver. I can't quite explain why, but he seemed more on touch with the business side of things than most writers usually do, as well.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

With Ezra’s shenanigans I don’t think DC is in any rush to pivot back to Barry for a while. Wally’s gain but they should really test the market to see if maybe there’s demand enough for two Flash books.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The thing is, they already DID, three years ago. Wally's Flash Forward book sold equally as well as Barry's ongoing did at the time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The thing is, they already DID, three years ago. Wally's Flash Forward book sold equally as well as Barry's ongoing did at the time.
    It's a different situation now. No one at this point is questioning if Wally can sell as Barry or vice versa, and even back then that was a concern that existed only in Dan Didio's mind and comic book forums. I believe, and this is only conjecture, that they now worry about what path to follow with the franchise.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

Well, we already have the solicits for some post Dark Crisis issues. Besides, Mark Waid said before Infinite Frontier that DC's current management is interested in bringing back Wally to prominence in the Flash role so this isn't going to be a short lived run probably.

To the point I was able to follow, Adam's said that this story he had planned organically meshed with Dark Crisis, that when he was asked to pitch the Flash he gave them about 3 years of material (and they thought that what he gave them was too nick material for 3 years), and he stressed several times that he wanted to do another Flash book and, if they let him, he'll deliver. I can't quite explain why, but he seemed more on touch with the business side of things than most writers usually do, as well.
    Possibly because Adam’s has a consistent track record working on the animated side of dc?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    With Ezra’s shenanigans I don’t think DC is in any rush to pivot back to Barry for a while. Wally’s gain but they should really test the market to see if maybe there’s demand enough for two Flash books.
    And if how quickly they buried Cyborg is any indication, issues with actors can affect how the company treats certain characters.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Possibly because Adam’s has a consistent track record working on the animated side of dc?
    Possible. It may also be that current management is less restrictive with these things, or a mix a both. Still, kind of refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Well, we already have the solicits for some post Dark Crisis issues.
    No we don't. Solicits only go up to September right now, the Flash issue that month is still part of the tie-in arc.

THE FLASH #786
    Written by JEREMY ADAMS
    Art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
    Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Variant cover by GEORGE KAMBADAIS
    1:25 variant cover by DANIEL SAMPERE and ALEJANDRO SANCHEZ
    Harley Quinn 30th variant cover by KIM JACINTO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 9/20/22
    Wally West is exhausted, and has been running nonstop since even before he had to step up in the wake of the loss of the Justice League. But, as he's figured out what he needs to do to free Barry (while also keeping Wallace from falling into Pariah's plans), he's also long overdue for a chat with Linda...

October's is the first post-Dark Crisis issue according to the checklist.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No we don't. Solicits only go up to September right now, the Flash issue that month is still part of the tie-in arc.

THE FLASH #786
    Written by JEREMY ADAMS
    Art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
    Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Variant cover by GEORGE KAMBADAIS
    1:25 variant cover by DANIEL SAMPERE and ALEJANDRO SANCHEZ
    Harley Quinn 30th variant cover by KIM JACINTO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 9/20/22
    Wally West is exhausted, and has been running nonstop since even before he had to step up in the wake of the loss of the Justice League. But, as he's figured out what he needs to do to free Barry (while also keeping Wallace from falling into Pariah's plans), he's also long overdue for a chat with Linda...

October's is the first post-Dark Crisis issue according to the checklist.
    Well, if that solicit is anything to go by, it doesn't look like Barry is ready to go back as the main Flash of the ongoing in the issue after that...

Plus, things seem to be going well and reception of this run has been great, I think they plan to keep it this way for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don't think one has to do with the other.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Man Jeremy Adams is quickly becoming my favorite Flash writer since Mark Waid. His run has been nothing short of excellent and most of all, FUN! He gets Wally. I can't wait to see what he does with the Flash family.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!