Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Yeah, all of the Fab Five Teen Titans (Dick, Donna, Wally, Roy and Garth) should be in their late 20s now.

About JSA, most of the team is legacy characters these days and the originals are mostly deceased (I think Johnny Thunder just has dementia?). There's five exceptions. Alan is functionally immortal due to the Starheart (which is GL Corps tech), Jay's aging is slowed by the Speed Force (again, actually a technological explanation), and Wildcat is indeed a magical reason, he has nine lives. If he loses them all in quick succession he's dead, but they do regenerate, effectively making him immortal as well. The other two, of course, are Doctor Fate and Spectre, but despite their immortality even they've had legacy characters.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-19-2022 at 10:17 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    In my head Wally is in his mid to late 20's.
    The Big 7 are all in the mid to late 40's.
    The original JSAers have been rejuvenated via magic, speed force etc. but for all intents and purposes are all in their late 50's.
    I personally headcanon the Big 7 to be (at least now) late 30's, probably pushing 40, at least physically.

Incredible Member

Well, Superman has a son who should (Bendis SORASing aside) be twelve, and the post-Superman Reborn issue that laid out a timeline suggested that at least everything from 1985-2000 happened before Jon was conceived. Batman has a fourteen-year old (IIRC. He's at least 13 anyway) son. Plus, in the Superman/Batman/Authority issue recently, Midnighter was taking shots at how old Bats is. They pretty much have to be pushing 40, at least.

(Oh, and Wonder Woman's officially immortal now, having been active going back to WW2 at least.)

Yeah, Damian's 14 as of the start of his current solo book.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Also Arthur has a baby girl in Andy who has to be a couple months old by now, since last I saw her she was able to walk a bit
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

At least a year would've had to have passed in-universe since Mera announced her pregnancy, yeah. That does mean the teen heroes like Damian needed to age up a year.

Of course the exact same thing happened at Marvel with Miles Morales's mother and Kamala Khan's sister-in-law both having babies. Neither company has made the appropriate age ups across the board though.

Extraordinary Member

Trying to save a city that’s even more beyond saving than Gotham is no small task, and even someone like Nightwing needs a day off to relax with his best friend and to recharge—but when your best friend is Wally West, a.k.a. the Flash, a “recharge” might not end up being so relaxing!

Damn, they've been firing on all cylinder on the art side.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Love this solicit.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It'll be fun to see the boys back together .

Incredible Member

Sales are abysmal. Which is a shame since Flash is excellent again for the first time in 15 years.

At the rate this is going, there may be no next generation of writers who grew up with these characters and thus they may dissappear. Even though DC Comics may be publishing only Batman comics by the end of this decade.
    Last edited by Maxi; 01-22-2022 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Sales are abysmal. Which is a shame since Flash is excellent again for the first time in 15 years.

At the rate this is going, there may be no next generation of writers who grew up with these characters and thus they may dissappear. Even though DC Comics may be publishing only Batman comics by the end of this decade.
    I think we're already seeing next generation writers popping up now, so I'm not too worried.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're already seeing next generation writers popping up now, so I'm not too worried.
    I mean the one after the current one!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    I mean the one after the current one!
    I'm sure they will exist so long as comics and trades get sold...

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Where are people getting sales figures anyway?