Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    They do have very different writing styles, to say the least, (Adams is much close to Waid overall) but that is a very good comparison. I don't think Johns' Flash was a particular blockbuster either, but still enough for the powers that be to let Johns do his thing.
    The Blitz story arc (Flash 197-200) was what put his Flash run on the map. From that story forward it kept picking up readers. All the way to the end also because of the Identity Crisis tie ins. I loved Geoffs first Flash run. Great stuff. His second run? Not even close.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    The Blitz story arc (Flash 197-200) was what put his Flash run on the map. From that story forward it kept picking up readers. All the way to the end also because of the Identity Crisis tie ins. I loved Geoffs first Flash run. Great stuff. His second run? Not even close.
    What's funny is it got much worse once it became popular, IMHO. Cynically and probably unfairly, you could say that about Johns' career overall...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

If they cared about the book

1- they should have paired Jeremy Adams with a well known artist,or someone with great artwork.
    2- relaunched it
    3- promoted it like they did nightwing

they did none of this, so the sales are what you expect. it's just passing time till the crisis ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    What's funny is it got much worse once it became popular, IMHO. Cynically and probably unfairly, you could say that about Johns' career overall...
    I loved the entire run but I think you are right. The second half was less on the quality end. For me 170 to 206 was the best! Blood Will Run to Ignition. Maybe I prefer that more because it felt more like a focus on Wally. After Ignition not so much. It became clear Geoff really wanted to write Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

1- they should have paired Jeremy Adams with a well known artist,or someone with great artwork.
    2- relaunched it

they did none of this, so the sales are what you expect. it's just passing time till the crisis ends.
    Hopefully Adams being involved in the Flashpoint sequel makes some readers check out his Flash work.

2- relaunched it

Wait what’s wrong with the current art, it’s looked great at times?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait what’s wrong with the current art, it’s looked great at times?
    Yeah, I think the artwork is pretty damn good!
    I'm also loving the Brandon Peterson covers.

It would be nice to see DC give the title some love though. How about an in-house ad?
    A back page interview in a month's DC line with Adams about what he's doing and where he's going next.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Fantastic Member

2- relaunched it

Just to show you how subjective things like artists can be, my friends and I the other day were actually praising to the high heavens Peterson's and Pasarin's artwork in The Flash. Would love to see either one of those gents and Adams tackle an ongoing JSA!
    Last edited by Stingo; 01-26-2022 at 03:08 PM.

Fernando Pasarin art is good, but i don't think he fits the Flash book. I don't like Peterson's art at all.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yeah, I think the artwork is pretty damn good!
    I'm also loving the Brandon Peterson covers.

It would be nice to see DC give the title some love though. How about an in-house ad?
    A back page interview in a month's DC line with Adams about what he's doing and where he's going next.
    Yeah I like Pasarin and Conrad’s issues
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

New interview with Jeremy Adams.
    i couldn't listen yet, tho.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Pasarin did great work on Venditti's Hawkman run.
    I loved the entire run but I think you are right. The second half was less on the quality end. For me 170 to 206 was the best! Blood Will Run to Ignition. Maybe I prefer that more because it felt more like a focus on Wally. After Ignition not so much. It became clear Geoff really wanted to write Barry.
    Because he gave Wally a secret identity and his own Thawne? Oh, and twins .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pasarin did great work on Venditti's Hawkman run.

Because he gave Wally a secret identity and his own Thawne? Oh, and twins .
    lol Yeah and the costume ring. And a job (for the police).

I prefer public identity Wally West. I miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    New interview with Jeremy Adams.
    i couldn't listen yet, tho.

I would give the bullet points of what Jeremy said in this interview, but i'm too lazy and too tired to do that.
    But i'm going to say that around the 48 minute mark he said that the Flash book is doing well, so we can stop with the "OMG THE BOOK IS DOOMED" stuff.

lol Yeah and the costume ring. And a job (for the police).

I prefer public identity Wally West. I miss that.
    I don't see a reason he shouldn't have a costume ring other than he can just form his own costume automatically. But the costume ring is precious.

I can see how it fits Wally's personality, but long-term I think a Flash should have a secret identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I would give the bullet points of what Jeremy said in this interview, but i'm too lazy and too tired to do that.
    But i'm going to say that around the 48 minute mark he said that the Flash book is doing well, so we can stop with the "OMG THE BOOK IS DOOMED" stuff.
    Glad to hear it .