Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    On that note, how was that Year One story?
    I enjoyed it a lot .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    You just stick your fingers in your ears and repeat the same thing over and over and over.

You don't want a world where Jay, Barry and Wally don't share, because then Barry would barely have anything left.
    Eh, not at all. But you insulting the character kinda proves where a lot of this sentiment is coming from and its a dishonest argument.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Barry made it iconic.
    Do you really believe the suit would still be considered iconic to this day if Wally hadn't worn some variation of it throughout his run?
    Last edited by Rend20; 09-25-2022 at 09:17 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Do you really believe the suit would still be considered iconic to this day if Wally hadn't worn some variation of it throughout his run?
    Both can be true. It's been said that Bon Scott helped make AC/DC a legendary band and Brian Johnson kept them there.

Barry made the suit iconic. Wally made sure nobody would ever forget it. I'm pretty sure Wally would agree with that.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-25-2022 at 03:32 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Both can be true.
    Of course.

The point being Wally wearing it made it "The Flash" suit rather than just the suit Barry wore. It wouldn't be viewed the same way today without Wally and that should be acknowledged.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Eh, not at all. But you insulting the character kinda proves where a lot of this sentiment is coming from and its a dishonest argument.
    Dred didn't insult the character. Barry was removed from the DCU for more than 20 years and pretty much all advances made in the franchise during that period did not account for him or taken him into account. His return was poorly executed and not much in it had staying power.

Barry is not the be all, end all of the franchise and hasn't been since the early 90's. He either shares Wally's run as history, or gets turned into generic speedster from yesteryear. That's not an offense, just an honest look at the franchise.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Both can be true. It's been said that Bon Scott helpwd make AC/DC a legendary band and Brian Johnson kept them there.

Barry made the suit iconic. Wally made sure nobody would ever forget it. I'm pretty sure Wally would agree with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Of course.

The point being Wally wearing it made it "The Flash" suit rather than just the suit Barry wore. It wouldn't be viewed the same way today without Wally and that should be acknowledged.
    Exactly. Seeing it as "Barry's suit" today requires a massive commitment to seeing that suit as only Barry's and ignoring all of Wally's career in it, or the actual rules the franchise works by at this point.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mighty Member

I blame HIC have wiped out 40% of Wally fans away. Usually, the sale numbers of the Flash could uptick some momentum ever since Wally took over the title. Same number as Tom's Nightwing but it didn't work until the Dark Crisis tie-in. I wish the Flash still going strong but I wonder what makes most of the people didn't want to support the run. It is because of his kids who are super annoying or have boring plots or the marketing of the book is horrible as long it wasn't bat books or all of above.

At least, Action Comics is getting some attention right now with the 'Warworld Saga'. Remember when 'The Flash' was one top bestseller during DC Rebirth.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I blame HIC have wiped out 40% of Wally fans away. Usually, the sale numbers of the Flash could uptick some momentum ever since Wally took over the title. Same number as Tom's Nightwing but it didn't work until the Dark Crisis tie-in. I wish the Flash still going strong but I wonder what makes most of the people didn't want to support the run. It is because of his kids who are super annoying or have boring plots or the marketing of the book is horrible as long it wasn't bat books or all of above.

At least, Action Comics is getting some attention right now with the 'Warworld Saga'. Remember when 'The Flash' was one top bestseller during DC Rebirth.
    A lot of things going against it:
    -They barely promoted the return of Wally as the main Flash, you couldn't really know unless you read solicits and interviews
    -The character was out of the picture and horribly treated for over a decade
    -A lot of people got burned out with DC in general during the DiDio era and many who were Wally fans just jumped out of comics completely and are not up to date with what's happening
    -The misguided perception that every DC relaunch is a reboot of its continuity doesn't help either, which is ironic since Rebirth and Infinite Frontier are actually "de-boots"
    -Barry has only raised his profile since he debuted as the main Flash of New 52, which admittedly brought many new readers, and the TV show debut

Even so, it seems to be doing well, since it's going bimonthly now and Adams seems to have long term plans.

Yeah, if sales aren't as good as they could be, it's because they didn't advertise the book properly when Wally took back the book. Should've launched it as a new #1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if sales aren't as good as they could be, it's because they didn't advertise the book properly when Wally took back the book. Should've launched it as a new #1.
    That can still happen eventually.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since Flash has nothing to do with Batman, Joker, or Harley Quinn, of course DC didn't promote it much.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Since Flash has nothing to do with Batman, Joker, or Harley Quinn, of course DC didn't promote it much.
    That's the problem since Marvel is at least much open wide in promoting other B-listed run like Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Hulk and Thor runs. And you wonder why Marvel is winning when it come to variety.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That can still happen eventually.
    Too late for that. It would get a sales boost for sure, but they can't promote it as the return of Wally West anymore. The chance has been missed already.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd like to see the first BIG storyline since Wally's return get a bit of promotion!
    Especially as it's coming fortnightly. I think now is the right time for a big push.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.