Page 22 of 103 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LLSmoothJ View Post
    Personally I would've had him be called "Walter" rather than "Wallace." But hey, it's enough to prevent confusion.
    We already have a Walter West, even if he doesn't pop up very often.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Just read the issue. I wide liked it, but I felt Wally was very close to bullying territory worth Wallace here. Wish he'd be a little nicer
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Just read the issue. I wide liked it, but I felt Wally was very close to bullying territory worth Wallace here. Wish he'd be a little nicer
    It's a fine line between impatient and rude.
    Wally has been portrayed as impatient for years (it's why he said he'd never have a Kid Flash beside him).
    Get the nuance wrong and it reads like he's a bullying bastard.
    I'm willing to give Adams plenty of leash, he has definitely earned my trust with what he's offered so far.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    We already have a Walter West, even if he doesn't pop up very often.
    Yeah - Dark Flash, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was hesitant about Linda's powers mostly because I heard comparisons to Iris getting powers in the TV show and how bad that was received, but this was a fun issue. Wally didn't really come off as a bully to me, thought this was just the old trope of the big bro playfully messing around with the little bro, or in this case cousin. I'm actually surprised they bothered to explain where the Ace nickname came form, which clearly shows that name is sticking around.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-18-2022 at 04:37 AM.

Wow I didn't get the bully or jerk vibe at all. I am surprised to see some see it that way. I saw it as just kidding around with his little cousin. Hell, even Wallace teased Wally a lot. Some people are just playful that way.

Loved the issue. I feel like after the Gemworld story Adams really picked this up again. In just two issues Adams did what Williamson could not do in over 100 issues...he made Walllace likeable and brought in an interesting and fun Flash/Kid Flash dynamic. Love this book. Wish it came out twice a month. This and Worlds Finest are the two DC books that I am hooked on.
    Last edited by Hol; 05-18-2022 at 06:36 AM.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Wow I didn't get the bully or jerk vibe at all. I am surprised to see some see it that way. I saw it as just kidding around with his little cousin. Hell, even Wallace teased Wally a lot. Some people are just playful that way.

Loved the issue. I feel like after the Gemworld story Adams really picked this up again. In just two issues Adams did what Williamson could not do in over 100 issues...he made Walllace likeable and brought in an interesting and fun Flash/Kid Flash dynamic. Love this book. Wish it came out twice a month. This and Worlds Finest are the two DC books that I am hooked on.
    I feel like I'm the only person who found Wallace likeable...well, he had his moments but at least I could understand where he was coming from.

Mighty Member

This is a post from someone on Instagram:

Something I find interesting is just how often I run into comic Flash fans who genuinely had no idea that Wally was the primary Flash again or that the West-Park family was reunited. It kind of just speaks to how little marketing one of the best books out right now has gotten.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

Something I find interesting is just how often I run into comic Flash fans who genuinely had no idea that Wally was the primary Flash again or that the West-Park family was reunited. It kind of just speaks to how little marketing one of the best books out right now has gotten.

What do you think?
    It's shame but I don't blame that person since not only the book but Wally's return itself for some odd reason never got much press at all. They fixed everything from New-52 and HiC, brought the guy's family back and yet there was no big celebratory story about his return like they often tend to do when one of their big icons makes their big comeback. Barry just asked Wally to take over for him again while he was going to be absent dealing with post-Death Metal shenanigans and then Wally is back as the Flash and that's it. They didn't even start a new ongoing Wally Flash book, they just continued Barry's book with Wally as the protagonist. Certain people who don't read it probably think that's still Barry if they look at some of the covers.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-18-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like I'm the only person who found Wallace likeable...well, he had his moments but at least I could understand where he was coming from.
    Well I feel that ANY character can be written well and made interesting and or likeable. Maybe Williamsons take just isn't for me...which would make sense as I am not really a fan of his writing. I think he seems like a nice guy and I love his enthusiasm that he has for these characters but I do not like the delivery. The only arc from his run that I liked was Year One.

Well I feel that ANY character can be written well and made interesting and or likeable. Maybe Williamsons take just isn't for me...which would make sense as I am not really a fan of his writing. I think he seems like a nice guy and I love his enthusiasm that he has for these characters but I do not like the delivery. The only arc from his run that I liked was Year One.
    Not even Rogues Reloaded?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

What do you think?
    Well how big of Flash comics fans are they if they are not even aware of this? If you are in a store or online in comics community how do you not know by now? Between Flash Forward, Speed Metal and 16 issues of the ongoing I feel like you live under a rock if you do not know. Unless you are a fan who hasn't read comics in years.

Not even Rogues Reloaded?
    Especially that arc. I didn't like Williamsons Rogues...they didn't seem consistent at all if that makes sense?

Especially that arc. I didn't like Williamsons Rogues...they didn't seem consistent at all if that makes sense?
    I think they were pretty consistent, building off what Johns did with them and even giving Scudder more of a personality.

I think the only time I felt Williamson's Rogues where inconsistent was with Lisa.

I think they were pretty consistent, building off what Johns did with them and even giving Scudder more of a personality.

I think the only time I felt Williamson's Rogues where inconsistent was with Lisa.
    In a perfect world it would be cool to see Adams write a Wally book AND a Barry book at the same time. With a crossover now and then. It was short but I really like what I saw of Barry in the first arc of his run. He seemed like a true update of the silver age Barry Allen. A modern take on that. Not angsty and none of that black and white look at the world. He was very enjoyable.