Page 29 of 103 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

He also co wrote the recent JSA movie. His comic work is way better than that movie. Story telling wise, DC's animation side has not been very good for the last few years.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeremy Adams wrote the movie, by the by.
    Oh, that explain why Wally is on it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Some people seem to think it's Bart but I do think it's Wally. If it was Bart, I think they would've likely used his Impulse outfit. It's still surprising it's Wally and not Wallace. And without all the shenanigans of characters getting aged or deaged in the comics, if you have a more streamlined continuity with Batman's son, Superman's son and Flash's young sidekick, it makes sense for them to be around the same age. Wally still looks visibly older than Cassie and Gar.
    Isn't Bart usually short? I definitely think it's Wally
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Since Adams seems so fond of Wally we should talk to him to see if he can convince his higher-ups to do an animated movie of "The Return of Barry Allen". The best Flash story of all time deserves an animated adaptation.

Incredible Member

Also, issue #783 was absolutely fantastic, even when it was mostly set-up. They need to make this a bimonthly or Adams needs to stay in this title for at least a decade. It would be great to have years of this good storytelling with Wally. Hell, keep Adams in the title even when/if Barry comes back, because honestly his Barry is the best written one since Waid (and he just gets the kind of adventures that makes Flash in general great).

Or, how about, instead of one bimonthly book, he gets to launch a second Flash title? That way Barry and Wally can both star in a book, with the other Flash family members distributed among them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He also co wrote the recent JSA movie. His comic work is way better than that movie. Story telling wise, DC's animation side has not been very good for the last few years.
    I liked the JSA film so that's a win for me .

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Since Adams seems so fond of Wally we should talk to him to see if he can convince his higher-ups to do an animated movie of "The Return of Barry Allen". The best Flash story of all time deserves an animated adaptation.
    That’s the kind of story that doesn’t work as a stand-alone. You need to kill Barry off, then have Wally be the Flash on his own for a while before pulling the rug out from under his feet by having “Barry” return.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s the kind of story that doesn’t work as a stand-alone. You need to kill Barry off, then have Wally be the Flash on his own for a while before pulling the rug out from under his feet by having “Barry” return.
    One of the greatest things about that story is how, in spite of utilizing estabilished continuity threads, it tells you everything you need to know right there. It was the first entire Flash arc I read and what made me a fan, and I understood it fine. It's also what I give to people to show the greatness of Wally (well, alongside Born to Run, too). With an extended prologue it could be a perfect standalone movie. They already adapted stuff like Under the Red Hood which had a dead Robin and a grown up one, and they didn't need to estabilish who Jason was before that movie. People already know who Barry is, you just need to estabilish he had a close bond with Wally and dissappeared during a crisis. So they can totally do this.

Think about the movie The Mask of Zorro (one of my favorites btw). Goyer's Flash script was pretty good too and it told the legacy story in a standalone way.
    Last edited by Maxi; 06-30-2022 at 03:51 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Or, how about, instead of one bimonthly book, he gets to launch a second Flash title? That way Barry and Wally can both star in a book, with the other Flash family members distributed among them.
    I was referring more to the amount of material we'll get. It was bimonthly during Williamson's run so he got to do 100 issues in five years. I want 100 issues of Adams in Flash but he should stay more than five years at the current pace.

About having a second title, that would be best case scenario for everyone, but can they do different enough adventures to warrant it? Also, I want a well written Barry Allen (at worst he's written like a mopey mess and at best like a poor man's Wally) and I think nowadays Adams is the only one who can do that. That, and the fact that having two Flash titles seems really hard in the current comic landscape. Marvel is doing two Captain America titles, but Sam Wilson has the MCU going on for him. Can Wally really do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    I was referring more to the amount of material we'll get. It was bimonthly during Williamson's run so he got to do 100 issues in five years. I want 100 issues of Adams in Flash but he should stay more than five years at the current pace.

About having a second title, that would be best case scenario for everyone, but can they do different enough adventures to warrant it? Also, I want a well written Barry Allen (at worst he's written like a mopey mess and at best like a poor man's Wally) and I think nowadays Adams is the only one who can do that. That, and the fact that having two Flash titles seems really hard in the current comic landscape. Marvel is doing two Captain America titles, but Sam Wilson has the MCU going on for him. Can Wally really do the same?
    You're mistaking bimonthly with biweekly.
    Williamson's Flash was biweekly at the first.
    Last edited by Drako; 06-30-2022 at 05:15 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    For the last half decade really imo, but there's still the occasional good thing. The Ninja Turtles/Batman crossover, Man of Tomorrow, and Catwoman Hunted were all good imo. Hoping that Super Sons is fun too. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Was surprised that Wally is in this, and as same generation as Damian/Jon. Interesting streamlining and mixing going on here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    You're mistaking bimonthly with biweekly.
    Williamson's Flash was biweekly at the first.
    I just checked out the definition just in case, and while you're right, bimonthly is also used to refer to something that comes twice a month, so it may easily lead to confusion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We have FOUR Flashes. Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, and Avery Ho. I assume you forgot about Avery, the Flash of New Super-Man's Justice League of China? She's currently in the same place Barry is, having "died" alongside the core Justice League and the Justice League Incarnate team.
    I did forget about Avery, yeah.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Jeremy Adams hosted a Twitter space last night. I sadly couldn't stay past the 15 minute mark due to work, but I caught that he has an event in Flash planned for next year. Also, what a nice guy!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!