Page 28 of 103 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    She needs a name...down the line. No rush. Not Impulse though. Impulse is Bart plain and simple.
    I still maintain that she should be Wally's Kid-Flash. Though, I'm not a big fan of Bart regressing back to Impulse either, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I still maintain that she should be Wally's Kid-Flash. Though, I'm not a big fan of Bart regressing back to Impulse either, to be honest.
    Adams seems okay with keeping Wallace...Ace...whatever name we're going with as Kid Flash.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What's wrong with Irey just sharing Bart's name, Impulse?
    There are a few issues. First, the whole "Iris looks up to Bart" thing never really existed, it was just something Johns threw on Flash Rebirth in order to recycle the name. So it feels hollow. Second, Impulse is a very particular, very descriptive name for Bart. I'm not against it becoming a legacy at some point, but at the same time that point is not now. The name has top mean something other than "Bart Allen crazy superhero identity" before someone else decides to follow suit in that identity, IMHO.

Doomsday Clock also implied she'd be the new Kid Flash, and honestly, sharing Ace's name would hardly be an issue either, nobody's going to mix up a white/Asian girl with a black boy.
    That would be a better solution, yes. Iris (a version of her) first appeared in Kingdom Come and all he following appearances as either a teen or adult have been with that identity and costume. It seems a mantle she is destined to inherit. I don't know if now would be the time, though. I feel like Ace (so, are we doing "Ace" now?) is finally beginning to gain his footing and would like to see him have some room to breathe. And it's not like the kids need to become superheroes right away: there are a lot of speedsters not properly reintroduced, not to mention Barry's status, that should take priority.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    You said it "RUSH"
    You know, that's not bad!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Adams seems okay with keeping Wallace...Ace...whatever name we're going with as Kid Flash.
    I'm fine with having multiple Kid-Flash's around. We have multiple Flash's after all. I know there are those who really want to keep Wallace as KF but I think there's room for both to co-exist in that role. At least eventually if not now.

Rush is a suitable name for a speedster, I agree!

But there really isn't a problem with codename sharing either, in fact with there being FOUR Flashes, yet only one person using the Kid Flash and Impulse names right now, it would be hypocritical to rule it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I feel like Ace (so, are we doing "Ace" now?)
    The comics made that nickname official, so yes.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-29-2022 at 07:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm fine with having multiple Kid-Flash's around. We have multiple Flash's after all. I know there are those who really want to keep Wallace as KF but I think there's room for both to co-exist in that role. At least eventually if not now.
    I think they're already stretching two Robins. I don't think we need two Kid Flashes.

Hey good for Adams, probably some effect of Dark Crisis tie-in but still good for Adams.

https://twitter.com/spacekicker/stat...00276106768384
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I dont see it as a regression since I never saw Bart using Wally's old name and costume as any sort of natural character progression for him in the first place. I think Waid expressed his dislike of that move as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the constant recycling of names and identities. In some cases, it's fine (obviously we have three Flashes) but I love Bart and want him to be his own character instead of one in a long line of Kid Flashes.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey good for Adams, probably some effect of Dark Crisis tie-in but still good for Adams.

That's good to hear. Kind of a shame the book had to become part of an event to get more recognition but hope some of those Dark Crisis folks stick around afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I dont see it as a regression since I never saw Bart using Wally's old name and costume as any sort of natural character progression for him in the first place. I think Waid expressed his dislike of that move as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the constant recycling of names and identities. In some cases, it's fine (obviously we have three Flashes) but I love Bart and want him to be his own character instead of one in a long line of Kid Flashes.
    We have FOUR Flashes. Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, and Avery Ho. I assume you forgot about Avery, the Flash of New Super-Man's Justice League of China? She's currently in the same place Barry is, having "died" alongside the core Justice League and the Justice League Incarnate team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Shows that for all the complaining about events, there’s a reason the Big 2 keep making them: they cause people to pay attention to other books in a way they normally won’t.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

And Wally is going to be Kid Fash in the Super Sons movie!? And Poor Dick and Donna too

Last edited by Lucas 35; 06-30-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Some people seem to think it's Bart but I do think it's Wally. If it was Bart, I think they would've likely used his Impulse outfit. It's still surprising it's Wally and not Wallace. And without all the shenanigans of characters getting aged or deaged in the comics, if you have a more streamlined continuity with Batman's son, Superman's son and Flash's young sidekick, it makes sense for them to be around the same age. Wally still looks visibly older than Cassie and Gar.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-30-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    And Wally is going to be Kid Fash in the Super Sons movie!? And Poor Dick and Donna too

Better than nothing, even tho he is going to get his ass kicked by the Super sons.

This is the first appearance for him in the outside midia since Young Justice, if i'm not mistaken.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Jeremy Adams wrote the movie, by the by.