Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Heh. I used to be dumb enough to correct Ritch on Twitter many years ago. He never corrected his mistakes, cause they actually generate views from people eager to correct him. Even the article above, there are people correcting him in the comments for five hours now. He saw it, he just doesn't care.
    You know what is funny? When i read the post about a comic book site mistaken Wally or Barry, i had two places in mind to look for the article. Screenrant and Bleeding Cool.
    Should have gone to BC first, tho.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

I wonder who this new character known as Half Jordan is.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I wonder who this new character known as Half Jordan is.
    I think it's this guy:

ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

Let's all look at the bright side: The fact that some of our biggest concerns is Wally's suit (the other being how much is Adams run is going to last, but he seems to be locked in for the long haul and the title is going bimonthly, so those are great signs!) should be very telling of how things have improved for our boy from the times he was being erased from existence, character assassinated or downright thrown into a black hole of endless suffering and despair.
    Last edited by Maxi; 09-15-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Rich is one of those people who likes being wrong.

Other journalists don't read the books or properly and make up crap that didn't happened and post about it later.

Astonishing Member

We've seen people on this forum who were confused about whether the Flash in Justice League was Barry or Wally, or didn't know that Wally was the lead of the Flash book again. It's a consequence of having two near-identical looking characters and artists who don't get the minor differences right.

Astonishing Member

It was obvious Wally with the nose mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    We've seen people on this forum who were confused about whether the Flash in Justice League was Barry or Wally, or didn't know that Wally was the lead of the Flash book again. It's a consequence of having two near-identical looking characters and artists who don't get the minor differences right.
    So, people not reading the comics didn't know about the comics, and a Bendis book confused people?

I see.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

To be honest, DC didn't do much to promote the return of Wally as the main Flash. Not only they did not relaunch the book from #1, but the first story arc could very well have been called "Wally West: Rebirth", and been worthy the same level of publicity. Instead, they decided to bait and switch people into thinking he was retiring and not really let everyone truly know until the arc was over (even though to their credit they did put a "Wally West Returns" in the cover of #768 but it was too little, too late).
    Last edited by Maxi; 09-15-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Let's all look at the bright side: The fact that some of our biggest concerns is Wally's suit (the other being how much is Adams run is going to last, but he seems to be locked in for the long haul and the title is going bimonthly, so those are great signs!) should be very telling of how things have improved for our boy from the times he was being erased from existence, character assassinated or downright thrown into a black hole of endless suffering and despair.
    OH, yeah, we're happy. A lot of complaints about the suit (no all, far from it) come from people annoyed that we get to have the thing. Only they can have the thing, the thing is theirs.

Fantastic Member

Except neither of those things really have anything to do with the costumes.

Those who assume it was Barry in JL/U do so because he is the only Flash that has had appearances in outside media (thus what they know) over more than the last decade. Even with a different costume, they would still assume it is Barry and/or have no idea who it was because they are unfamiliar with Wally's history as The Flash.

As for not knowing he's leading the main title, it's because they stopped reading the title and there has been little news surrounding it. Even die-hard Wally fans, who know exactly what his costume looks like, didn't know simply because they stopped following the title.
    Last edited by Rend20; 09-15-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Die Hard Wally fans know its Wally. They're on Twitter knowing it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Die Hard Wally fans know its Wally. They're on Twitter knowing it.
    When they see the costume and images, sure.

But as Adams mentioned, he has frequently been told by Wally fans they didn't know Wally took over since there had been little media hype about it and they hadn't been reading the book prior to that.

People didn't know what Flash was in the Bendis book cause at first, Wally was using his 90's costume. And yes, it's easy to mistake him with Barry with that suit since DC updated Barry costume with some of the elements Wally had in his, like the V shape bolt in his belt.

But then DC transitioned him to his 2009 costume, so there is no confusion. It's pretty easy to know who is who.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

That's their own fault for choosing to be info low in the internet world.