Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Why not? P

Good riddance, I say.
    It feels weird to think there are too many Superheroes in Superhero comics, but I'm starting to feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    "Meanwhile, Wallace figures out his future"

What people have been speculating here might be true, Wallace might take the next step into something new and give the Kid Flash name to Irey.
    Yeah. Teen Titans Academy is ending. A new identity for Wallace for a new Teen Titans relaunch, while Irey becomes Wally's sidekick as Kid Flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think within five years we'll probably have no "normal" characters in comics.
    Yeah, I wonder about that. The Timeless one-shot a couple of months ago showed Mary Jane Watson in a Spider-Man costume. And she, Lois Lane, Iris West-Allen and Linda Park-West are among the few unpowered superhero spouses left. And apparently Linda just got crossed off that list!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really hope Iris becomes Kid Flash soon! I love that role for her and her KC costume. And I just never thought her as Impulse would work. Impulse , imo, is not a mantle to be passed on. It is who Bart is.

That all being said I think they should keep Wallace as Kid Flash too. Why not have two? We have 3 Flashes. And besides Barry Allen will be back at some point anyway and it doesn't make sense for Iris to be HIS Kid Flash.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Teen Titans Academy is ending. A new identity for Wallace for a new Teen Titans relaunch, while Irey becomes Wally's sidekick as Kid Flash?
    Yeah, I wonder about that. The Timeless one-shot a couple of months ago showed Mary Jane Watson in a Spider-Man costume. And she, Lois Lane, Iris West-Allen and Linda Park-West are among the few unpowered superhero spouses left. And apparently Linda just got crossed off that list!
    Why not let the ladies be part of the fun once in the while?
    And i doubt that Linda will keep this power forever.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Why not let the ladies be part of the fun once in the while?
    And i doubt that Linda will keep this power forever.
    I'd rather see Jesse back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I really hope Iris becomes Kid Flash soon! I love that role for her and her KC costume. And I just never thought her as Impulse would work. Impulse , imo, is not a mantle to be passed on. It is who Bart is.

That all being said I think they should keep Wallace as Kid Flash too. Why not have two? We have 3 Flashes. And besides Barry Allen will be back at some point anyway and it doesn't make sense for Iris to be HIS Kid Flash.
    I think we're really stretching it if we have multiple people with the same sidekick identities.

Just to play devil's advocate: Why is everybody so damned gung-ho on Irey becoming Kid-Flash and Wallace getting some new identity? Are we still nostalgic for MF'ing Kingdom Come? It's been at least 25 years, can't we just sever all ties to that baby boomer temper tantrum and let characters develop in ways NOT in line with that story?

I don't really have a dog in this fight, I'm just confounded by everybody here seemingly expecting Irey to become Kid-Flash. I'm with Paul Levitz way back when he wrote LSH #300 as a response to Jim Shooter's "Adult Legion" story from the 60's: Certainty about the future based on one story just doesn't/shouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate: Why is everybody so damned gung-ho on Irey becoming Kid-Flash and Wallace getting some new identity? Are we still nostalgic for MF'ing Kingdom Come? It's been at least 25 years, can't we just sever all ties to that baby boomer temper tantrum and let characters develop in ways NOT in line with that story?

I don't really have a dog in this fight, I'm just confounded by everybody here seemingly expecting Irey to become Kid-Flash. I'm with Paul Levitz way back when he wrote LSH #300 as a response to Jim Shooter's "Adult Legion" story from the 60's: Certainty about the future based on one story just doesn't/shouldn't exist.
    In Flash #771, by the current writer, Wally finds her in the future and she is Kid Flash there.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Interested in Linda plot but I feel like the book is still not introducing the OG side cast like it should. The new scientists are really not doing it for me and the rest are all superhero cameos. We have reached a point where I started to feel like running in circles. We need tighter stories at this point of run. There is no world building around Wally, and it all feels...superficial?

Happy for Jai's plot line to be sorted out. It seems best to move Wallace away from the Kid Flash title when he wants to have more freedom away from Flashfam.
    I have to admit I'm keen to see Max and Jesse return to the fold.
    That said, I'm happy to let Adams run his race. There's more event shenanigans just around the corner and I'm thinking this is contributing to the current story direction.
    Can't get into anything too wild until the company wide crossover event thing plays out.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Probably because that's who she was meant to be before Flashpoint happened.

I'm fine with Irey becoming Kid Flash with Wallace taking on another identity or if Irey takes up a new mantle and Wallace remains as Kid Flash or if both them stay as Kid Flash.

Wallace still has what TV Tropes calls 'Replacement Scrappy' status among fandom but I don't think there are bad characters, only bad writers. Adams has proven himself as good Flash writer so I hope he does right by Wallace as well.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Probably because that's who she was meant to be before Flashpoint happened.

I'm fine with Irey becoming Kid Flash with Wallace taking on another identity or if Irey takes up a new mantle and Wallace remains as Kid Flash or if both them stay as Kid Flash.

Wallace still has what TV Tropes calls 'Replacement Scrappy' status among fandom but I don't think there are bad characters, only bad writers. Adams has proven himself as good Flash writer so I hope he does right by Wallace as well.
    I guess maybe I thought Wallace had grown more on people. I could be wrong though.

Astonishing Member

Nostalgic for Chain Lightning, maybe. She was Kid Flash first. Heck she debuted as Kid Flash before Bart made the swap.

There's also a bit of scuttlebutt about the fact that Wallace really was created as a bastardized Wally and folks want to move him away from that as much as possible. Him running around with the same name and costume is the same thing people complain about with Barry and Wally, after all. Only at least Wally was a distinct character from the get go.
    Last edited by Dred; 02-19-2022 at 09:10 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I think that there's both a desire, overall, for Iris to become KF so the Wally side of the Flash family cannot be ignored and still some bad blood toward Wallace because he was "Wally" at some point.

IMHO it's all BS: Wallace deserves to prove himself as a character and, while he does so he should remian KF, as a proof that he IS part of the family. Iris has all the time in the world.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

In Flash #771, by the current writer, Wally finds her in the future and she is Kid Flash there.

She was never named there, and she's an adult (even had a wedding ring and said Wally, who'd Quantum Leaped into Jai's body, wouldn't like her partner). The colours imply Kid Flash, but she's likely moved on from that by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd rather see Jesse back.

I think we're really stretching it if we have multiple people with the same sidekick identities.
    Really? There's two Robins and two Wonder Girls currently.

Agree that Jesse should come back. Maybe do a shortened version of that Round Robin story that they pitched for her, as a backup in The Flash?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-20-2022 at 04:53 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

She was never named there, and she's an adult (even had a wedding ring and said Wally, who'd Quantum Leaped into Jai's body, wouldn't like her partner). The colours imply Kid Flash, but she's likely moved on from that by that point.

Really? There's two Robins and two Wonder Girls currently.

Agree that Jesse should come back. Maybe do a shortened version of that Round Robin story that they pitched for her, as a backup in The Flash?
    At least in the Robins section - not really. In the last issue Tim appeared on, he was reminded that Damian is now Robin and was told he needs to move on and find his own future.
    I guess trial of the Amazons would help make things clearer for the wonder woman family.

That's her classic Kid Flash costume, if she is Flash or not by that point doesn't really matter, the fact is that she becomes Kid Flash at some point.