Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1539

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Youtube videos can be embedded. Link changed in the quote.
    Well, this video explains Fitzmartin on Young Justice to a T...

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Exactly. Even in Into The Spiderverse...we had an adult Peter...who was way more interesting than 616 Peter currently is....and in the Sony games....Aunt May died...and Peter and MJ are together. It seems this Peter Pan Syndrome is something that only afflicts comic Spidey.
    Heck, the first Spider-Man I grew up with was in the 90's cartoon where he was an adult college student.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Well, this video explains Fitzmartin on Young Justice to a T...
    Fitzmartin and Adams know each other from their time working on Supernatural and the JSA animated film (which they wrote). I'd say if anything her association with him probably helped in landing her jobs at DC.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Fitzmartin and Adams know each other from their time working on Supernatural and the JSA animated film (which they wrote). I'd say if anything her association with him probably helped in landing her jobs at DC.
    The difference is, I am yet to read a book from Fitzmartin that I've enjoyed! The Young Justice mini series was a complete waste of money and everything I've heard about Robin: Time Drake makes me glad I skipped it.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I still don't see your point. Wally and Linda can still be an item, have their ups and downs without marriage and kids.

The fact that we have so many speedsters are a problem at this point, leaving little potential for any character focus at all. If you don't have side books, this is a problem for writing, why editorials go back to character in their prime after a while.
    This mindset is exactly Didio's mindset and is exactly why DC murdered the entire Flash family so that only Barry would be around. "Too many speedsters." Once you go down that rabbit hole, you just keep chopping off characters until you're left with the only one that's important to whoever's in charge.

We had years of Flash books with upwards of 5 speedsters in them and they're considered the best it's ever been -- and that's not counting random extra inclusions and cameos like John Fox or XS popping in to up the number. But now that it's a comic with 3 speedsters of any long term consideration -- Wally, Iris II and Wallace -- with others popping in as the cameos it's a problem? And I get it, you could count Linda as of now but I think we all know that's a temporary plot thread. It's not even the first time she got Superspeed, though I doubt Adams remembers to reference that Terminal Velocity post script issue.

It's not about too many speedsters. If it is then I guess the only good Wally comics are William Messner Loebs, because Waid upped the Speedster count immediately.

Or is the problem it's the wrong speedsters to focus on? Would you think the comic was good if it was Wally, Bart, Jesse, Jay, and Max? More speedsters, but the ones you're nostalgic for instead of the newbies like Wallace and Iris II? That's fine, by the by. Everyone's got their favorites and what they want to see in the story. But wrapping it up with this argument seems disingenuous. It more seems like an aversion to the kids, even if the stories around them and featuring them are well written, interesting, and paint Wally in a new shade we haven't really delved into before.

That's what I love about Wally. I don't want to live in the 90s forever. Wally grows more than any other character in cape comics, by a lot, and this is the obvious next step given his past stories. If you want to retcon him to his "prime" (loaded way to refer to it but whatever) then we're just repeating the atrocities of Flashpoint, only in Wally's favor instead of Barry's.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-24-2022 at 09:57 PM.

This kind of reminds me of the thought process behind some fans not wanting Black Lightning's daughters to be restored (at least as his daughters) immediately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    This mindset is exactly Didio's mindset and is exactly why DC murdered the entire Flash family so that only Barry would be around. "Too many speedsters." Once you go down that rabbit hole, you just keep chopping off characters until you're left with the only one that's important to whoever's in charge.

We had years of Flash books with upwards of 5 speedsters in them and they're considered the best it's ever been -- and that's not counting random extra inclusions and cameos like John Fox or XS popping in to up the number. But now that it's a comic with 3 speedsters of any long term consideration -- Wally, Iris II and Wallace -- with others popping in as the cameos it's a problem? And I get it, you could count Linda as of now but I think we all know that's a temporary plot thread. It's not even the first time she got Superspeed, though I doubt Adams remembers to reference that Terminal Velocity post script issue.

It's not about too many speedsters. If it is then I guess the only good Wally comics are William Messner Loebs, because Waid upped the Speedster count immediately.

Or is the problem it's the wrong speedsters to focus on? Would you think the comic was good if it was Wally, Bart, Jesse, Jay, and Max? More speedsters, but the ones you're nostalgic for instead of the newbies like Wallace and Iris II? That's fine, by the by. Everyone's got their favorites and what they want to see in the story. But wrapping it up with this argument seems disingenuous. It more seems like an aversion to the kids, even if the stories around them and featuring them are well written, interesting, and paint Wally in a new shade we haven't really delved into before.

That's what I love about Wally. I don't want to live in the 90s forever. Wally grows more than any other character in cape comics, by a lot, and this is the obvious next step given his past stories. If you want to retcon him to his "prime" (loaded way to refer to it but whatever) then we're just repeating the atrocities of Flashpoint, only in Wally's favor instead of Barry's.
    I've said I find the kids cloying and overly cutesy and annoying, so that's certainly part of it. Waid also did a much better job balancing the characters. We've had Jay Garrick back in the DCU for quite a while now and he's barely spoken more than a few lines, to say nothing of Max and the rest. Having these fan favorites back after so long and barely seeing them in favor of the kids from one of the worst runs...I think it's fair for people not be thrilled. I care way more about Jay, Max and Bart than I do about the generic precocious kid cliches.

It was Didio's idea to turn Flash into "the Incredibles" in the first place, so blaming him for all of that seems a little off.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 12-25-2022 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I've said I find the kids cloying and overly cutesy and annoying, so that's certainly part of it. Waid also did a much better job balancing the characters. We've had Jay Garrick back in the DCU for quite a while now and he's barely spoken more than a few lines, to say nothing of Max and the rest. Having these fan favorites back after so long and barely seeing them in favor of the kids from one of the worst runs...I think it's fair for people not be thrilled. I care way more about Jay, Max and Bart than I do about the generic precocious kid cliches.

It was Didio's idea to turn Flash into "the Incredibles" in the first place, so blaming him for all of that seems a little off.
    Is this Dan DiDio's burner?

Mighty Member

The West twins and Supersons are basically kids. But only difference is that the twins get a lot of hate while Damian and Jon get a lot of love from the fans. Do DC fans prefer Superman/batman only to have their kids going on adventures?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This kind of reminds me of the thought process behind some fans not wanting Black Lightning's daughters to be restored (at least as his daughters) immediately.
    Theirs was a parasitic relationship AFAIC. Jefferson was mostly there to add legacy/legitimacy to Judd Winnick's OC Thunder. At least Lightning in her conception teased a pre-Kingdom Come relationship between Jefe and Jonni Thunder, and instead was just the add-on instant daughter he was also saddled with.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    Theirs was a parasitic relationship AFAIC. Jefferson was mostly there to add legacy/legitimacy to Judd Winnick's OC Thunder. At least Lightning in her conception teased a pre-Kingdom Come relationship between Jefe and Jonni Thunder, and instead was just the add-on instant daughter he was also saddled with.
    Good thing we had the TV show .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Good thing we had the TV show .
    Man, I loved that show.
    They pulled the pin on that one too soon.

Is everyone getting ALL the variants for the upcoming One Minute War?
    Or am I the only one silly enough?

If they mention how Wally totally stole Bart's thunder as The Flash, One Minute War will rock!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Is this Dan DiDio's burner?
    Since I like Wally West, that's dumb. Its also a dumb comment since I'm the one on here disagreeing with Didio's idea to turn the Wests into the Incredibles. Try to pay attention.