Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1539
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    The West twins and Supersons are basically kids. But only difference is that the twins get a lot of hate while Damian and Jon get a lot of love from the fans. Do DC fans prefer Superman/batman only to have their kids going on adventures?
    When the West twins were introduced, the franchise was coming off the poorly received Bart run. Mark Waid's returning seemed like a huge deal for about five minutes and a promise to return the Flash to its prime. Then the book debuted, and a lot of focus went to the kids. This rubbed some people (not me) the wrong way. To add isn't too injury, at the same time there was a huge falling out between Didio and Waid, meaning that Waid left the book before the f first issue even saw print. And then after Flash Rebirth the kids were unofficially used to keep Wally of the table.

So lots of people grew a dislike towards them.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Adding kids is usually controversial from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Adding kids is usually controversial from what I've seen.
    I think it varies. Wally's kids had it rough. So did Damian at first, but he was supposed to die, not become Robin. Chris Kent and Jon Kent both seemed to have a good reception from the get go, OTOH and, if I recall correctly so did Dinah's adopted daughter Sin before they snatched her from Gail Simone. I also have never seen hate towards Andy Curry or Lian Harper, but those two remained somewhat their natural age and didn't become sidekicks.

And then there are chatacters like Buddy Baker whose hook rated in them being a family person.

I think it's down to execution and his much focus the kids get, at the end.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I think it varies. Wally's kids had it rough. So did Damian at first, but he was supposed to die, not become Robin. Chris Kent and Jon Kent both seemed to have a good reception from the get go, OTOH and, if I recall correctly so did Dinah's adopted daughter Sin before they snatched her from Gail Simone. I also have never seen hate towards Andy Curry or Lian Harper, but those two remained somewhat their natural age and didn't become sidekicks.

And then there are chatacters like Buddy Baker whose hook rated in them being a family person.

I feel like Jon had some growing pains, although I might be conflating that with the issue of New 52 vs Rebirth fans.

Astonishing Member

Wally's hook is what begets the kids anyhow.

Lian's destined to be one in the future, as she became Cheshire Cat in the Catwoman book. Once Roy finds out she's in Gotham and retrieves the amnesiac girl, she'll probably end up working with her Dad.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Lian's destined to be one in the future, as she became Cheshire Cat in the Catwoman book. Once Roy finds out she's in Gotham and retrieves the amnesiac girl, she'll probably end up working with her Dad.
    Yeah, I know. She was also Red Arrow in Kingdom Come, which sometimes is a good indicator. But she stayed just "Lian" for over 20 years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't it pretty strongly implied she was Red Canary from Dark Crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Wasn't it pretty strongly implied she was Red Canary from Dark Crisis?
    Completely different character. Red Canary is apparently an OC.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Yeah, I know. She was also Red Arrow in Kingdom Come, which sometimes is a good indicator. But she stayed just "Lian" for over 20 years.
    And my preference would be for her to stay just Lian for another 20!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Anyone remember when the Rogues had superpowers during The New 52?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ho_absolutely/

Them having powers is pretty contested but their designs here were quite clean

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

The New 52 era seems even more weird in retrospect. That period of time when they wanted to change everything for the sake of change and for five years they pretended it would be permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

The designs weren't bad, especially with Manapul's art, but I don't think it's a surprise the classic Rogues with gadgets came back.

Although definitely the complete reinterpretation of Golden Glider's powers and design stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    And my preference would be for her to stay just Lian for another 20!
    As do lots of people, which kind of demonstrates my point. The existence of a kid in a superheroes life doesn't have to mean a new kid superhero. There's nothing wrong if it does, but it shouldn't be a rule.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The designs weren't bad, especially with Manapul's art, but I don't think it's a surprise the classic Rogues with gadgets came back.

Although definitely the complete reinterpretation of Golden Glider's powers and design stuck.
    I feel like some of the abilities of the Rogues from back then can prolly be reworked into technology and be apart of their arsenal

like Heatwave having a furnace chest-piece is pretty cool and Captain Cold being able to generate a cold wave like he was able to slow down Barry then seems like a pretty easy thing to have his gun or cold gadget able to do.