Page 19 of 103 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Loving that they kept Jesse's round Robin design. I hope Wallace and Avery are included here (would love for Bart as well but I think it's less likely).

I'm hoping, though, that this is where Adams is set free to show his chops. I'm living his run, but I also have a sense that he's been a little tied up, not allowed to use characters that he wanted or make big changes (I felt the same way about Williamson in a few periods). If Dark Crisis is the event to actually give him the keys to the franchise, I'm already up for it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I was just thinking to myself how much I missed Jesse.
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Loving that they kept Jesse's round Robin design. I hope Wallace and Avery are included here (would love for Bart as well but I think it's less likely).

I'm hoping, though, that this is where Adams is set free to show his chops. I'm living his run, but I also have a sense that he's been a little tied up, not allowed to use characters that he wanted or make big changes (I felt the same way about Williamson in a few periods). If Dark Crisis is the event to actually give him the keys to the franchise, I'm already up for it.
    Pants !

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pants !
    THANK GOD!

And it doesn't even look like she's about to ride a horse

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

THANK GOD!

And it doesn't even look like she's about to ride a horse
    Hey, she rocked those non-pants looks .

Hey, she rocked those non-pants looks .
    Was never fond of it. I don't usually like pantless looks unless under very specific circumstances, and I particularly dislike it when the only woman in a group is the one sporting it.

And the "no pants +jacket" combo I just hate. Is it got out there? Is it cold? Who knows?

Was never fond of it. I don't usually like pantless looks unless under very specific circumstances, and I particularly dislike it when the only woman in a group is the one sporting it.

And the "no pants +jacket" combo I just hate. Is it got out there? Is it cold? Who knows?
    I dunno, I feel like it really fit Jesse's look and looked better visually than any of her pants looks. It helped her stand out and give her her own style.

The look on the cover is okay.

(Although honestly after the Supergirl TV show I think people are a little too obsessed with pants sometimes...)

Fantastic Member

I hope Wallace and Avery are included here (would love for Bart as well but I think it's less likely).
    Wallace is definitely part of it as he's mentioned in the solicitation while Avery got the "death" treatment so she might turn up on their search for Barry.

Sadly, we won't be getting Bart as he's with the Young Justice group during their Dark Crisis tie-in series.
    Last edited by Rend20; 05-12-2022 at 01:58 PM.

JAY! It’s been too long!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Good to see that Jay and Jesse are getting used. Now how about publishing that Round Robin story? I wonder if they'll repurpose it's revealed cover as a variant?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

(Although honestly after the Supergirl TV show I think people are a little too obsessed with pants sometimes...)
    Oh, no. I feel this way since the 80s. If you're not Starfire or Wonder Woman, just put on some pants!

But back in college I did some extensive work in semiothics, superhero costumes being a field of interest, and started to really dislike them.

Oh, no. I feel this way since the 80s. If you're not Starfire or Wonder Woman, just put on some pants!

But back in college I did some extensive work in semiothics, superhero costumes being a field of interest, and started to really dislike them.
    Honestly I am more disliked for the presence of the flash logo than for any other cosmeticall change. She is Jesse QUICK, dammit, not Jesse Flash. She have her own logo, from her own family.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I dunno, I don't think everybody needs to wear the same skintight onesies. Let there be a little more variety than color schemes and patterns.

Supergirl never quite looks like herself without a skirt. Same for Mary Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Honestly I am more disliked for the presence of the flash logo than for any other cosmeticall change. She is Jesse QUICK, dammit, not Jesse Flash. She have her own logo, from her own family.
    Agree, but this can be easily silver with the lighting but slightly displaced.

I dunno, I don't think everybody needs to wear the same skintight onesies. Let there be a little more variety than color schemes and patterns.

Supergirl never quite looks like herself without a skirt. Same for Mary Marvel.
    They don't. Jesse has goggles and a jacket.

As for Supergirl and MM: there are design solutions that would allow for the character to still look like herself, even if in a "teen"status quo, without the skirt. They just never did it, but that is a focus problem. Marry Marvel on the order hand, idk. Haven't spent time enough thinking about her to have an opinion.

They don't. Jesse has goggles and a jacket.
    How very 90's .
    As for Supergirl and MM: there are design solutions that would allow for the character to still look like herself, even if in a "teen"status quo, without the skirt. They just never did it, but that is a focus problem. Marry Marvel on the order hand, idk. Haven't spent time enough thinking about her to have an opinion.
    It just feels weird to take a character where their main visual relies on a skirt and then try and do away with that (unnecessarily in my opinion). The Rebirth costume was quintessential Supergirl moreso than some redesigns with pants I've seen. Or maybe pull a She-Ra and have skirts with pants? But I think the high boots work better.

YJ gave Mary pants and it was basically just her brothers' costume.

BANNED

I was just thinking to myself how much I missed Jesse.

Pants !
    On this, we can agree. It's very cool to see her again. And my dude Jay!
    Last edited by Refrax5; 05-12-2022 at 09:14 PM.