Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Nightwing is, rightly, a very popular title so hopefully this extra bit of exposure will get some more readers to check out The Flash. We could only hope.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Sales are abysmal. Which is a shame since Flash is excellent again for the first time in 15 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Where are people getting sales figures anyway?
    Yeah... Last sales numbers we have are from september. An estimate, since DC sales are pretty much impossible to calculate right now.

And they were 31k. Which is not abysmal at all.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 01-24-2022 at 09:49 AM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yeah... Last sales numbers we have are from september. An estimate, since DC sales are pretty much impossible to calculate right now.

And they were 31k. Which is not abysmal at all.
    Seems like the change from Barry to Wally made virtually zero difference to sales numbers.
    I'd like to see what they'd look like if DC decided to promote the damn book...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

As long as the numbers don't dip below what they had with Barry, then that's a good sign.

The crossovers will keep the book afloat and hopefully drawn in more readers.

I agree that at least, art and promotion wise, Nightwing seems to be getting all the love.

Maybe Wally needs to join a team.

The book has been good, but not great. Wally has been jacked up so bad in the past 10+ years, there is a lot to build back up.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    As long as the numbers don't dip below what they had with Barry, then that's a good sign.

The crossovers will keep the book afloat and hopefully drawn in more readers.

I agree that at least, art and promotion wise, Nightwing seems to be getting all the love.

Maybe Wally needs to join a team.
    Nightwing run is getting a lot of advertisment, promotion and even receive some interview from Tom Taylor. Of course, it gonna draw a lot of people to buy the run since Tom is a A-Listed Writer.

Meanwhile for the Flash run, no promotion everywhere and not even some upcoming tease from any creator at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Nightwing run is getting a lot of advertisment, promotion and even receive some interview from Tom Taylor. Of course, it gonna draw a lot of people to buy the run since Tom is a A-Listed Writer.

Meanwhile for the Flash run, no promotion everywhere and not even some upcoming tease from any creator at all.
    And it will remain this way for the foreseeable future: Flash was the most controversial franchise for over ten years. DC is rebuilding, and focusing on their image as they do so. Last thing they want is some social media meltdown over Barry, or Jay or Wally himself.

This run was designed to test the waters, and thankfully, Jeremy Adams is delivering.

Wait maybe a year, all this might change a little.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Sales are not bad, they are exactly what you get when you don’t promote or relaunch the damn title. DC has no right to be disappointed in these results.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Sales are not bad, they are exactly what you get when you don’t promote or relaunch the damn title. DC has no right to be disappointed in these results.
    Not even that; they're Flash sales. The book always (since the 90's, I believe) fluctuated from the low 30's to high 40's, the former being more common. There are some spots outside that curve - FMA, Geoff Johns first issues with Barry and Manapul's run first year broke the 50k barrier quite often, and Venditti's dropped to low 20s at some point.

But overall it's business as usual.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Not even that; they're Flash sales. The book always (since the 90's, I believe) fluctuated from the low 30's to high 40's, the former being more common. There are some spots outside that curve - FMA, Geoff Johns first issues with Barry and Manapul's run first year broke the 50k barrier quite often, and Venditti's dropped to low 20s at some point.

But overall it's business as usual.
    Williamson's was the second or third highest selling solo for a good bit and broke that 50k number (if I had to explain the why it's was a combination of all the implications of Flash being super important for Rebirth as a whole and interest built up by the first two seasons of the TV show before it fell off) but yeah then that returned to the normal point too aside from some big storylines where sales went up a bit (mostly when Eobard appeared lol)

The fact that this is like Adams first ongoing comic ever doesn't particularly help sales ether even though he's doing a great job. It'll build up his name though that's for sure. But like if you had someone like Johns or Morrison on the book you'd probably see it selling 50-70k granted if you had Johns on the book it'd probably be plagued by delays and if you had Morrison it'd be DC's biggest love it or hate it book haha.

It would of probably helped sales wise if Wally's run had launched with a new #1 but at the same time I appreciate that DC doesn't pull that gimmick as much as Marvel (and if Wally remains the MC till Flash #800 you know they'd go back to legacy numbering at that point) but it IS a proven sales helper.

Also to get this thread to a different topic, the arc after the one month interruption for that Suicide Squad/TTA crossover seems to be bringing Wally and Wallace together for a team up. Any hopes there?
    Last edited by Mojo; 01-25-2022 at 12:59 AM.

I understand now why the current arc is not clicking with me. I really don't like the magic universe of DC.
    But i enjoyed today's issue more than the last one, although i'm more invested in what is happening with the kids.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Williamson's was the second or third highest selling solo for a good bit and broke that 50k number (if I had to explain the why it's was a combination of all the implications of Flash being super important for Rebirth as a whole and interest built up by the first two seasons of the TV show before it fell off) but yeah then that returned to the normal point too aside from some big storylines where sales went up a bit (mostly when Eobard appeared lol)

The fact that this is like Adams first ongoing comic ever doesn't particularly help sales ether even though he's doing a great job. It'll build up his name though that's for sure. But like if you had someone like Johns or Morrison on the book you'd probably see it selling 50-70k granted if you had Johns on the book it'd probably be plagued by delays and if you had Morrison it'd be DC's biggest love it or hate it book haha.

It would of probably helped sales wise if Wally's run had launched with a new #1 but at the same time I appreciate that DC doesn't pull that gimmick as much as Marvel (and if Wally remains the MC till Flash #800 you know they'd go back to legacy numbering at that point) but it IS a proven sales helper.

Also to get this thread to a different topic, the arc after the one month interruption for that Suicide Squad/TTA crossover seems to be bringing Wally and Wallace together for a team up. Any hopes there?
    I am really looking forward to this. Mostly because as of right now I do not like Wallace. What I have read of him in Teen Titans is forgettable and what I have read in Flash has annoyed me. (he was always mad at Barry for silly reasons)

That being said I want to like him so I am optimistic that Adams is the guy to make him interesting. Honestly, with his backstory with his dad I feel like he is a character with a lot of potential for great stories.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I understand now why the current arc is not clicking with me. I really don't like the magic universe of DC.
    But i enjoyed today's issue more than the last one, although i'm more invested in what is happening with the kids.
    Can't wait to read this tonight! I like this arc but not nearly as much as the Blink of an Eye arc or the Heatwave two parter. I really want to see Adams explore more of what is going on with Savitar in the speedforce. I had my full of speedforce stories before this but he planted some interesting seeds there.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    The fact that this is like Adams first ongoing comic ever doesn't particularly help sales ether even though he's doing a great job. It'll build up his name though that's for sure.
    Jeremy Adams is reminding me a lot of Geoff Johns.
    Not in their writing styles or anything, but the fact that Johns was also an unknown when he was handed the Flash book for a trial 6 issue arc. He gave us Wonderland, was given the book proper and absolutely SMASHED IT with Blood Will Run, Run Riot, Blitz etc.
    I feel like Jeremy Adams could do the exact same thing. He's done some serious heavy lifting wiping the stain of HiC off Wally and now he's starting to dig into the lore and tell some really great stories. (Savitar is FINALLY back!! YES!!)Hopefully, he gets the same time as Geoff to make his mark.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Jeremy Adams is reminding me a lot of Geoff Johns.
    Not in their writing styles or anything, but the fact that Johns was also an unknown when he was handed the Flash book for a trial 6 issue arc. He gave us Wonderland, was given the book proper and absolutely SMASHED IT with Blood Will Run, Run Riot, Blitz etc.
    I feel like Jeremy Adams could do the exact same thing. He's done some serious heavy lifting wiping the stain of HiC off Wally and now he's starting to dig into the lore and tell some really great stories. (Savitar is FINALLY back!! YES!!)Hopefully, he gets the same time as Geoff to make his mark.
    They do have very different writing styles, to say the least, (Adams is much close to Waid overall) but that is a very good comparison. I don't think Johns' Flash was a particular blockbuster either, but still enough for the powers that be to let Johns do his thing.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.