Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

They all do have secret identities except for Jay Garrick, right? Obviously a secret identity wouldn't be viable for Jay nowadays, as he doesn't look like the 100 year old he is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They all do have secret identities except for Jay Garrick, right? Obviously a secret identity wouldn't be viable for Jay nowadays, as he doesn't look like the 100 year old he is.
    I thought Jay's thing was that he just vibrated his face at high frequencies to go unrecognized
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I thought Jay's thing was that he just vibrated his face at high frequencies to go unrecognized
    Yeah, Jay only went public when he retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pasarin did great work on Venditti's Hawkman run.

Because he gave Wally a secret identity and his own Thawne? Oh, and twins .
    Weren't the twins first introduced in Kingdom Come by Waid and Ross?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Weren't the twins first introduced in Kingdom Come by Waid and Ross?
    Wally only had a daughter on Kingdom Come, Iris West II.

But Waid gave him a son on The Flash Annual from Armageddon 2001, on a potential future that was prevented at the end of the issue (poor girl).

I think on The Life Story of the Flash, there's a part where Iris wrote that one day, Wally will have twins.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Wally only had a daughter on Kingdom Come, Iris West II.

But Waid gave him a son on The Flash Annual from Armageddon 2001, on a potential future that was prevented at the end of the issue (poor girl).

I think on The Life Story of the Flash, there's a part where Iris wrote that one day, Wally will have twins.

This is incorrect; Wally did have twins in Kingdom Come/The Kingdom, but the male there was called Barry, not Jai, had no interest in being a superhero - he was pretty much a slacker - and it was heavily implied, though never shown, that Linda was not their mother. In regular continuity, Iris as Kid Flash first appeared in Chain Lightining, I believe.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Kid Flash? Irey didn't have a codename before becoming Impulse, I thought?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In Chain Lightining, she appeared as Kid Flash in future.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Chain Lightining was a story with Flashes from several time periods. Iris appeared there as a teenager, in her KC Kid Flash look, from some years in the future. She wasn't born yet (and wouldn't be for several years) in regular continuity.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    This is incorrect; Wally did have twins in Kingdom Come/The Kingdom, but the male there was called Barry, not Jai, had no interest in being a superhero - he was pretty much a slacker - and it was heavily implied, though never shown, that Linda was not their mother. In regular continuity, Iris as Kid Flash first appeared in Chain Lightining, I believe.
    Which led some to believe at the time that Walter's girlfriend Angela was going to be more important than she ended up being!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

It was confirmed not to be Linda in the Kingdom Come timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It was confirmed not to be Linda in the Kingdom Come timeline.
    It was? Do you know in which comic?

Astonishing Member

It was? Do you know in which comic?
    No, it's from Waid's mouth. As said earlier, it was originally meant to be Angela Margolin(who shows up in the Dark Flash saga and ends up romantically entwined with Walter). It's why Barry West is blonde -- like Angela. Amusingly, in The Kingdom Kid Flash we see a family picture and the mom is blocked out very intentionally. Angela being the mom was from a Kingdom Come Special Edition (slipcase edition) which came out right before Angela debuted in Chain Lightning along with Iris II.

Hilariously, the later Kingdom Come novelization retcons this by referring to Iris as Park-West, and obviously the latest Flash run with Adams shows our current Iris Park-West paralleling her Chain Lightning self.

I think, to some degree, Waid might not have thought that if Linda was still around that Wally would end up like he does in Kingdom Come -- which is why they very explicitly don't show Linda even in The Kingdom: Kid Flash. Waid didn't want to confirm that sort of bad end state for Wally as where the relationship between Wally and Linda goes. And, at the time in the comics, Linda was "erased" from history and Wally wasn't together with her so maybe it was also to avoid undermining Linda's erasure in that storyline. Nothing says we're going back to the status quo than a story about the future that shows the status quo intact.
    Last edited by Dred; 02-06-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    No, it's from Waid's mouth. As said earlier, it was originally meant to be Angela Margolin(who shows up in the Dark Flash saga and ends up romantically entwined with Walter). It's why Barry West is blonde -- like Angela. Amusingly, in The Kingdom Kid Flash we see a family picture and the mom is blocked out very intentionally. Angela being the mom was from a Kingdom Come Special Edition (slipcase edition) which came out right before Angela debuted in Chain Lightning along with Iris II.

Hilariously, the later Kingdom Come novelization retcons this by referring to Iris as Park-West, and obviously the latest Flash run with Adams shows our current Iris Park-West paralleling her Chain Lightning self.

I think, to some degree, Waid might not have thought that if Linda was still around that Wally would end up like he does in Kingdom Come -- which is why they very explicitly don't show Linda even in The Kingdom: Kid Flash. Waid didn't want to confirm that sort of bad end state for Wally as where the relationship between Wally and Linda goes. And, at the time in the comics, Linda was "erased" from history and Wally wasn't together with her so maybe it was also to avoid undermining Linda's erasure in that storyline. Nothing says we're going back to the status quo than a story about the future that shows the status quo intact.
    Hm, interesting. I was unaware of both the Waid interview and the novelization. Thanks!

Looks like Wally plays a big part on the Dark Crisis, he is all over the place here.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-dark-c..._medium=social

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.