Page 75 of 103 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1539
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What do you mean, "and die"? Don and Dawn were alive as of Finish Line.

Come to think of it, did they ever explain why Iris is young? Barry's death and resurrection explains him, but not his wife. And I'm sure she wasn't simply de-aged due to New 52. They should actually both be at least 20 years older than they are, and Don and Dawn should've already been born (as that happened just before Crisis).
    Yes but the Tornado Twins are killed during a Dominator invasion, just some time after Bart's birth.

I just remember someone, maybe Thawne, saying the Speed Force kept Iris young after Flash Rebirth through out her relationship with Barry. She went from looking like an older woman during Wally's run, to looking like a young lady again before Flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Yes but the Tornado Twins are killed during a Dominator invasion, just some time after Bart's birth.

I just remember someone, maybe Thawne, saying the Speed Force kept Iris young after Flash Rebirth through out her relationship with Barry. She went from looking like an older woman during Wally's run, to looking like a young lady again before Flashpoint
    Didn't Barry's kiss restore her youth after he came back?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    There is one thing I don't understand. If people complain about how annoying Wally's kids are since they are just children but they are okay for Supersons where Jon and Damien can go out together as a team up. I seriously don't get the cause. I know not every people are a fan of family superheroes but it seem like the comment is all starting at the West kids.
    I think it's because many fans think that the twins were responsible for Barry's return, and it's not true Dandio wanted Barry back since blitz, the flash fastest man alive and Wild west's (mark waid didn't want to write wild west's precisely because of this, he left after the first arc) was just filler unfortunately for Barry's return

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiwestsurgestan View Post
    I think it's because many fans think that the twins were responsible for Barry's return, and it's not true Dandio wanted Barry back since blitz, the flash fastest man alive and Wild west's (mark waid didn't want to write wild west's precisely because of this, he left after the first arc) was just filler unfortunately for Barry's return
    However, I've understood many fans didn't like the twins before the Flashpoint.

Maybe it was because many fans don't want a family man Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    However, I've understood many fans didn't like the twins before the Flashpoint.

Maybe it was because many fans don't want a family man Wally.
    i always liked the twins (mainly jai west/he is literally my avatar and my nickname), he seemed so identifiable in wild west's, i always thought he was much more interesting than irey, that's one of the reasons why i I always hated flash rebirth 2009, Jai has so much potential as a character to be his own man and hero, not the generic evil twin brother, I always liked that his powers were different, and he's not a prodigy like Irey with speedforce, he multiple times has problems with his powers like the flash vol2 #234, i also find him looking like the insecure version of wally (before he became kid flash/wally kid in born to run) so interesting and should be used to get close to wally more with your son, i also like irey (but i find jai more interesting and identifiable) and wally father of the family, the problem of the twins and wally father of the family and that they needed better writers, I don't see a problem with family man wally, wally for me is a character that makes him interesting is that he always changes he evolves
    Last edited by Jaiwestsurgestan; 11-13-2022 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    They've been resurrected then. Like I said, they were alive in Finish Line, which was the end of the Rebirth run by Williamson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

i always liked the twins (mainly jai west/he is literally my avatar and my nickname), he seemed so identifiable in wild west's, i always thought he was much more interesting than irey, that's one of the reasons why i I always hated flash rebirth 2009, Jai has so much potential as a character to be his own man and hero, not the generic evil twin brother, I always liked that his powers were different, and he's not a prodigy like Irey with speedforce, he multiple times has problems with his powers like the flash vol2 #234, i also find him looking like the insecure version of wally (before he became kid flash/wally kid in born to run) so interesting and should be used to get close to wally more with your son, i also like irey (but i find jai more interesting and identifiable) and wally father of the family, the problem of the twins and wally father of the family and that they needed better writers, I don't see a problem with family man wally, wally for me is a character that makes him interesting is that he always changes he evolves
    If people are happy for Clark to be a family man and has a child name Jon Kent. I am sure it would be the same goes for the Wally and his West twins.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 11-13-2022 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    If people are happy for Clark to be a family man and has a child name Jon Kent. I am sure it would be the same goes for the Wally and his West twins.
    yeah, i always liked the twins(mainly from jai west) what i like about wally is that he always changes and evolves

Astonishing Member

The problem with Jai focus is the Flash family is unbelievably heavily biased towards men already. As of Flash Rebirth there was one empowered woman of note in the entire family, Jesse Quick, who was like the sixth most important Flash member compared to Barry, Wally, Jay, Bart and Max. Iris would've been a sorely needed increase in focus on a non male character for the first time in a long time. Jai would've always been around as a support character in that instance, like many heroes have siblings or cousins or whatnot.

That said I'm not sure where you're getting anything about Prodigy from. The original Iris that Waid introduced was notably worse than her brother at super speed stuff, she just had a stronger heroic inclination. And we never got to even see main continuity really her use her super speed, as both the twins were immediately put on the back burner as soon as Flash Rebirth ended. With her pre-Rebirth powers she was hardly a prodigy, either. She was constantly accidentally phasing and had less control over her powers than Jai. Jai's had less problems using his powers, he just had a time limit on them from the exhaustion.
    Last edited by Dred; 11-13-2022 at 10:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't Barry's kiss restore her youth after he came back?
    Nah. She was immediately younger preceding Final Crisis. When you see her in the prelude to Barry's return she's clearly younger because now she's a focus love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The problem with Jai focus is the Flash family is unbelievably heavily biased towards men already. As of Flash Rebirth there was one empowered woman of note in the entire family, Jesse Quick, who was like the sixth most important Flash member compared to Barry, Wally, Jay, Bart and Max. Iris would've been a sorely needed increase in focus on a non male character for the first time in a long time. Jai would've always been around as a support character in that instance, like many heroes have siblings or cousins or whatnot.

That said I'm not sure where you're getting anything about Prodigy from. The original Iris that Waid introduced was notably worse than her brother at super speed stuff, she just had a stronger heroic inclination. And we never got to even see main continuity really her use her super speed, as both the twins were immediately put on the back burner as soon as Flash Rebirth ended. With her pre-Rebirth powers she was hardly a prodigy, either. She was constantly accidentally phasing and had less control over her powers than Jai. Jai's had less problems using his powers, he just had a time limit on them from the exhaustion.
    i understand the female characters part, but I don't see that there's any problem with jal having focus, it's not like I'm asking him to be a speedster (i like that his powers are different) or the heir to the mantle of flash (this would only work in an elseworld) it could easily be like Jai having his own powers and Irey being the speedster(she had already been a speedster in fast mooney) instead of just Irey of what happened that was unfair to jai, change your whole personality anyway before losing his powers with a stupid retcon (which is completely different from how mark ward had explained the twins' powers) is turning my favorite into a jealous loser who's going to be turtle instead of both having focus irey following the legacy of the flash and jai being his own character with his own powers and other things I think it would be even better the flash family was also always quite white, then you would have two asian twins characters,like most dc families they didn't have much representation it took until 2014 for us to have the first human female green lantern in the corps, this is not a problem exclusive to the flash family it has always been a problem for most dc families not to have much representation, jai and irey are not white either, they are both Koreans and they both have completely different potentials, irey to be flash and jai to be his own weird and unique thing
    Last edited by Jaiwestsurgestan; 11-14-2022 at 03:10 AM.

I didn't like them making my boy lose his powers because of a retcon either, it's not like it's impossible for him to stand out as a hero, they were also planning to have a second wally title led by the flash family which could be used to explore jai and irey as equals, not with Irey being superior to him
    Last edited by Jaiwestsurgestan; 11-14-2022 at 01:30 AM.

I admit that I expressed myself badly with the word prodigy, I should have said that she had a special connection with speedforce since she was little as shown at the end of flash volume 2, jai did have problems with her powers besides the energy drain, this was shown in the flash#234 where his negative feelings make him lose control of his powers, anyway always wanted both twins to have a spotlight instead of giving everything to irey, I'm glad we're getting irey being the possible heir to the mantle and Jal being his own unique weird thing and having his introverted and insecure kid personality and being a good brother to irey than that totally uncharacterized jai who is jealous of irey and just plays video games I'm happier with how jal is being written than I am I was angry that they were wasting their potential as a character when Johns' flash rebirth was released for a very edgy and generic idea

literally could would have to give attention to all the members of the flash family, they also had comic plans starring bart, they could very well put Max as a secondary character in the kid flash comic as he was from impulse, ai in wally's comic with the flash family has wally, jai, irey, jesse and jay garrick in My opinion standing out instead of discarding jai's character potential and the twins being brothers who love each other instead of stupid jealousy and a rivalry that almost never existed before from flash rebirth (the twins fight so little in wild west's)

Nah. She was immediately younger preceding Final Crisis. When you see her in the prelude to Barry's return she's clearly younger because now she's a focus love interest.
    I just think making jai a character of him just being a supporting character with without powers or villain is a waste of his potential to explore many different sides of speedforce and him and Irey being twins who love each other and are equally powerful,i love the twins (just prefer jai a bit more because i see a different potential in him/and other reasons too) i just want irey to be the next flash and jai being his own unique character i think there is a lot to explore about his relationship with wally,irey, linda and several other characters, personality, powers, he developing other unique powers and many other things
    but either way Everyone has their opinion, I have mine and you have yours
    Last edited by Jaiwestsurgestan; 11-14-2022 at 02:37 AM.