Page 88 of 103 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1539

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Been reading the older issues and I realized Wally has no idea about what happened to Hunter after the events of Flash War. I don't think Barry had chance to tell him about it, or Hunter's last words to Wally before sacrificing himself. Considering Williamson's status in DC, I think it will be addressed one way or another but it's interesting that it was all hush so far.

What do you guys think will happen with Hunter? Do you think he will join Flash team with the twist?
    If Adams is on the title long enough, I'd be interested to see what they'd do with Hunter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Been reading the older issues and I realized Wally has no idea about what happened to Hunter after the events of Flash War. I don't think Barry had chance to tell him about it, or Hunter's last words to Wally before sacrificing himself. Considering Williamson's status in DC, I think it will be addressed one way or another but it's interesting that it was all hush so far.

What do you guys think will happen with Hunter? Do you think he will join Flash team with the twist?
    I hope he doesn't join the Flash team. He's my favorite "evil Flash" character and one of my favorite villains period. I want Hunter back as Wally's nemesis.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I hope he doesn't join the Flash team. He's my favorite "evil Flash" character and one of my favorite villains period. I want Hunter back as Wally's nemesis.
    I agree. Barry has Eobard. Wally has Hunter.
    And while I could see Hunter working with Wally for a short while, he'd revert back to making Wally better through loss.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    What's funny is that it wasn't a massive success back then. Waid once said how even Green Lantern was selling better than them. It was somewhat of a cult hit, not too different to what Adams is doing now, I suppose. Everyone who knew realized it was groundbreaking, character-defining stuff, but people attentions were largely on mutants, Image or Supermen-killing events on those days. It took years and word of mouth from fans on the Internet to get recognized the classic status it has now.
    He also mentioned that all he wanted was to outsell Green Lantern - but never managed to do it.
    And I also think Adams' run will be held in the same regard was Waid's when all is said & done.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Technically he is.
    Zoom is a descendant of Barry’s evil twin. And owen’s mother is a descendant of zoom
    Reverse Flash. Not Zoom. Owen and Bart's mother is Meloni Thawne i.e. related to Eobard Thawne, not Hunter Zolomon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Reverse Flash. Not Zoom. Owen and Bart's mother is Meloni Thawne i.e. related to Eobard Thawne, not Hunter Zolomon.
    I thought Eobard went by Reverse Flash, Zoom, Professor Zoom, etc.

While Zolomon is just Zoom II.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I thought Eobard went by Reverse Flash, Zoom, Professor Zoom, etc.

While Zolomon is just Zoom II.
    Zoom is Hunter, Eobard is Professor Zoom.
    But i imagine Eobard were probably called just Zoom at some point in his 70 years history.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    As much as I agree, his story is more or less wrapped up. He offers less varieties without ruining his character. Maybe turning him into a more Sinestro type of villain would work better.

Incredible Member

I love a good Hero vs. Nemesis story as much as any raging comic book fan, but it has to come down to emotion, or it would just be empty punches. I'm sure I don't have the best creativity in the world, but I don't know what else can be done with Hunter at this point that's not the same "I'llmakeyouabetterherooooWally". It was the type of story Johns could tell really well, but it was one really great story. Williamson was already pushing it. But I love the idea of Eobard being like a dark mirror to Wally (Barry fanboy turned out evil), while Hunter is more similar to Barry, even down to his job and backstory, like they're really reversed.

In a Reddit AMA, when asked about Reverse Flash, Adams said he needed that character breathe (we had a ton of RF stories in the last few years), and while he doesn't write off using him, he only will do so if a story comes naturally to him. He never said which particular Reverse Flash he was talking about, but I suppose it also applies to Hunter?

Maybe there's still a great Hunter story waiting to be told, perhaps a skilled writter can think of it.
    Last edited by Maxi; 11-28-2022 at 07:18 AM.

He will write a Reverse Flash story sooner or later, it's like writing Batman for years and not trying to do a Joker story.
    Hopefully is Hunter and not Eobard.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

We're finally getting to The Rogues so I think a RF story will come when it's right. I do want to see Zoom again.

Actually be interested to see how Wally's family would react to Hunter. He made Linda miscarry and kind of "killed" Irey and Jai.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're finally getting to The Rogues so I think a RF story will come when it's right. I do want to see Zoom again.

Actually be interested to see how Wally's family would react to Hunter. He made Linda miscarry and kind of "killed" Irey and Jai.
    Yes! It's never been touched upon, but THERE'S a story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He will write a Reverse Flash story sooner or later, it's like writing Batman for years and not trying to do a Joker story.
    Hopefully is Hunter and not Eobard.
    Poor old Professor Zoom needs to be taken of the shelf and put away for another few years.
    Eobard has been given a flogging in recent years starting with Flash:Rebirth, and needs a good rest.
    Considering between them Barry & Wally have the coolest Rogues Gallery with a deep well of characters to choose from, I don't think I'd miss reading about Reverse Flash for a good while.

Wally is in the last story of Superman – Kal-El Returns Special.

So Johns is flat out saying we will see Judy Garrick and Jay Garrick together soon. So unless DC announces a Garrick family series something tells me Flashpoint collaborator Jeremy Adams is having two different Flash families in one book.

“Johns: There's Bruce Wayne's funeral 18 years from now, and then we go to a future showing Jay's daughter Judy. That story is coming. They're going to be reunited, running together, and I'm excited about Judy Garrick, her introduction, and who she is. She is a very fun character to write.”

https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-...nin-interview/
    Last edited by sifighter; 11-29-2022 at 11:49 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.