Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm fine with Jai but I don't want Linda to permanently have powers. Can there really be no normal people in comics anymore?
    end of spoilers
    Hopefully, they could figure out something. It's like giving Lois Lane some freaking kryptonite power so that she can be Superwoman.

Astonishing Member

Giving Lois Lane powers is something that's happened before, so, you know, nothing to complain about. I hardly doubt it's a permanent thing. This wouldn't even be the first time Wally's given Linda Super Speed (Flash #101).

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Giving Lois Lane powers is something that's happened before, so, you know, nothing to complain about. I hardly doubt it's a permanent thing. This wouldn't even be the first time Wally's given Linda Super Speed (Flash #101).
    As long as it's not permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    First Wally and Hal moment in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Yeah, that's how they disposed of New 52 Lois at the start of Rebirth. She and Lana both gained powers as a result of New 52 Superman's death. Lois was killed off in Superwoman #1, a book she'd been advertised as the star of. It turned out to be Lana's book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In this interview, Williamson said that the Free Comic book Day issue of Dark Crisis stars Wally West.
    Around the 23 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdK5pqOjbxI
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    In this interview, Williamson said that the Free Comic book Day issue of Dark Crisis stars Wally West.
    Around the 23 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdK5pqOjbxI
    Was about to post this lol. Looking forward to Williamson writing Wally again!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE FLASH #782
    Written by JEREMY ADAMS
    Art by FERNANDO PASARIN and MATT RYAN
    Cover by BRANDON PETERSON and MICHAEL ATIYEH
    Variant cover by TODD NAUCK
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/17/22
    The Speed Force on lockdown! Some of the Rogues are plotting something big inside Iron Heights, and the Flash goes inside to root out the plot. Meanwhile, Wallace figures out his future, and Linda tries to find out if she really has powers...

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

"Meanwhile, Wallace figures out his future"

What people have been speculating here might be true, Wallace might take the next step into something new and give the Kid Flash name to Irey.

I'm fine with Linda getting powers. With Jai becoming 'Surge', it would have eventually gotten weird for her to not have powers. After a certain point, including her in stories would have gotten challenging. She would have either have own subplot away from the family or the writer would have to keep bending over backwards to have her meaningfully contribute to the story line. It also moves her away from being Lois Lane clone. I'm interested in seeing where this goes. I kind of hope she is still doing normal Linda stuff but with super speed; Linda Park: Super Speed Reporter. Like using her super speed to write all her stories or finish writing a novel in minutes. Having super speed just means she won't be helpless anymore.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Interested in Linda plot but I feel like the book is still not introducing the OG side cast like it should. The new scientists are really not doing it for me and the rest are all superhero cameos. We have reached a point where I started to feel like running in circles. We need tighter stories at this point of run. There is no world building around Wally, and it all feels...superficial?

Happy for Jai's plot line to be sorted out. It seems best to move Wallace away from the Kid Flash title when he wants to have more freedom away from Flashfam.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's how they disposed of New 52 Lois at the start of Rebirth. She and Lana both gained powers as a result of New 52 Superman's death. Lois was killed off in Superwoman #1, a book she'd been advertised as the star of. It turned out to be Lana's book.
    It also happened in arguably the greatest Superman comic of all time, in All Star Superman. So, you know, not fretting it.

THE FLASH #782
    Written by JEREMY ADAMS
    Art by FERNANDO PASARIN and MATT RYAN
    Cover by BRANDON PETERSON and MICHAEL ATIYEH
    Variant cover by TODD NAUCK
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/17/22
    The Speed Force on lockdown! Some of the Rogues are plotting something big inside Iron Heights, and the Flash goes inside to root out the plot. Meanwhile, Wallace figures out his future, and Linda tries to find out if she really has powers...

I wonder if Warden Wolfe will be back in charge of Iron Heights or if they'll acknowledge what Williamson did with him. Actually, this sounds like a Williamson plot.
    "Meanwhile, Wallace figures out his future"

What people have been speculating here might be true, Wallace might take the next step into something new and give the Kid Flash name to Irey.
    I guess it makes sense for Wally to have his own Kid Flash but I feel like Wallace still had some legs as KF.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm fine with Linda getting powers. With Jai becoming 'Surge', it would have eventually gotten weird for her to not have powers. After a certain point, including her in stories would have gotten challenging. She would have either have own subplot away from the family or the writer would have to keep bending over backwards to have her meaningfully contribute to the story line. It also moves her away from being Lois Lane clone. I'm interested in seeing where this goes. I kind of hope she is still doing normal Linda stuff but with super speed; Linda Park: Super Speed Reporter. Like using her super speed to write all her stories or finish writing a novel in minutes. Having super speed just means she won't be helpless anymore.
    Give her a solo book .

May as well bring back Iris' New 52 costume and give her powers too. I think within five years we'll probably have no "normal" characters in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Give her a solo book .
    Why not? P

May as well bring back Iris' New 52 costume and give her powers too. I think within five years we'll probably have no "normal" characters in comics.
    Good riddance, I say.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly