Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    That one shot on that page where he blasts Dr. Stasis point blank is epic. You know which one I'm talking about. Can I post it here?
    No one in the thread should mind. Can't say about posting rules - you can post a scan or three per issue (I think) but I'm not sure if that is a per post limit or a total limit. Although I am also sure the mods probably look to see who is exploiting the rules.

But again, I won't mind.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Like a Boss

2.jpg

1.jpg
    Last edited by BESTXMAN; 05-11-2022 at 07:05 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Like a Boss

2.jpg

1.jpg
    I may not be the biggest fan of Duggan's X-Men overall, but we've definitely got some pretty big highs for Scott from it. I think this and #7 were pretty big highlights, in powers at least....

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did he ever stop being bland? Scott in the Krakoa era has overall been lacking in personality or characterization
    I agree with this assessment. Although, I do wish we at least had some Dadclops to even it all out like before. Something should've changed.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-14-2022 at 09:53 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Amazing Member

Anyone else see the cover for AXE Death to the Mutants #2? Is it me or does it look like they have an amalgam of Cyclops and Ikaris?

I did not think it was possible but Gillen has made Scott Summers a badass and funny without him even appearing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I did not think it was possible but Gillen has made Scott Summers a badass and funny without him even appearing.
    Of course Scott would be seriously concerned with the ethics of killing a kaiju.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    It was definitely a nice piece of characterization from Gillen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    Anyone else see the cover for AXE Death to the Mutants #2? Is it me or does it look like they have an amalgam of Cyclops and Ikaris?
    I think that's just how the artist interpreted his look.

That aside, I am a bit nervous about X-men #14. I feel like there's going to be a revisit to AvX and Scott's choices by Duggan. I'm not looking forward to that if it is the case.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-18-2022 at 10:11 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

I really like how Ewing is portraying the Summers family over in Red. I like how he's framing the Summers family as being a sort of royal family in the context of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I really like how Ewing is portraying the Summers family over in Red. I like how he's framing the Summers family as being a sort of royal family in the context of Krakoa.
    To a certain extent, but I feel like a certain someone got a "reset" instead of progression. There was a lot of "buildup" with Scott overlooking and it feels like it didn't really go anywhere. Hopefully there's more to it.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

All-New Member

Gillen wrote one of the definitive Cyclops for me so its been a treat seeing him make all these references/allusions to Scott in Immortal X-men. Hope he has a big role in Judgment Day or actually shows up in Immortal X-men.

It reads more like Vulcan having an oversized ego but tbf there is basically no other mutant family that has the same level of actual involvement in Krakoan politics (a captain in Scott, a former QC member in Jean, their relationship with multiple QC members - Emma bought the Treehouse for them and Scott is basically Xavier's heir in practice), clout/reputation with the populace, and level of power (multiple Omega level mutants) so there is some truth to it.

Same. I enjoy that a lot. They basically are the mutant royal family if you think about it. So I’m glad a writer just made it official.

I mean, Cable, as the son of Cyclops and Maddie/Jean, has often been called “chosen one.” Makes sense as he’s basically the prince of the mutant royal family.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Gillen wrote one of the definitive Cyclops for me so its been a treat seeing him make all these references/allusions to Scott in Immortal X-men. Hope he has a big role in Judgment Day or actually shows up in Immortal X-men.
    It would definitely be nice to see Gillen's Scott making battle strategies and plans once again.

The data page was a nice reminder.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Cyclops is a made man. He was the Captain Commander already and was offered a seat on the council and declined. He doesn't even need to lead the X-Men by himself because he values Jean. He is a guy that now has everything he ever wanted. And he doesn't feel like he needs to do the heavy lifting. But everyone knows that if push came to shove, he can and he will.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I guess that's what the celestials will be judging him on. I would say I'm happy it's not AvX instead, but it's too early to tell. Hope it goes better this time around.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia