Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

All life forms on Earth (and probably elsewhere) are either mutants or descended from mutants. IMHO, one could arguably say that life began with mutant molecules.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    All life forms on Earth (and probably elsewhere) are either mutants or descended from mutants. IMHO, one could arguably say that life began with mutant molecules.
    Scott actually makes that case to the Sentinels sometime in the late O5 era - after having swapped costumes with Quicksilver of all people. They the murderbots attack the source of all life, the Sun. It.....doesn't go well for them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Scott actually makes that case to the Sentinels sometime in the late O5 era - after having swapped costumes with Quicksilver of all people. They the murderbots attack the source of all life, the Sun. It.....doesn't go well for them.
    Indeed. Truly classic (IMHO):

Amazing Member

In X-Men Grand Design they reassign that roll from Scott to Hank with the Sentinels. I was kinda bummed.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    In X-Men Grand Design they reassign that roll from Scott to Hank with the Sentinels. I was kinda bummed.
    The writer quite clearly hated Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm waiting for a normal human to demand admission to Krakoa on the grounds that humans are mutants. And if anyone says that humans are merely descendants of mutants, the human should ask if children who inherit their parents' mutant genes, but have no new genes of their own, are to be expelled from Krakoa for not being mutants. Also, how many generations must pass before an inherited mutant gene is no longer considered a mutant gene?
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Does anyone else miss the Utopia-era Scott characterization in Krakoa?

Immensely.

I get that he's in Chill Dad mode but I miss Utopia Scott.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

In a way yes, it's definitely the period where he combines the best aspects of his personality for me. But overall no, I accepted the fact that it was only a stage in its evolution.

the current Scott is a man who gave a lot, made mistakes and did what he had to for his people. Who now thanks to Krakoa can focus on what he really is, a hero. Seeing Cyclops smiling, making jokes, after the years of character deconstruction where he was very close to an Anti Hero makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I miss Utopia Scott.
    Me too. All things considered, quite an interesting epoch (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-04-2022 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    In a way yes, it's definitely the period where he combines the best aspects of his personality for me. But overall no, I accepted the fact that it was only a stage in its evolution.

the current Scott is a man who gave a lot, made mistakes and did what he had to for his people. Who now thanks to Krakoa can focus on what he really is, a hero. Seeing Cyclops smiling, making jokes, after the years of character deconstruction where he was very close to an Anti Hero makes me happy.
    And that's probably why I'm bored/not that interested in Duggan's run.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    And that's probably why I'm bored/not that interested in Duggan's run.
    Yes I can understand that. Scott will always be a conflicted character and that's part of what makes him so interesting. But after years of suffering, internal struggles, and hard decisions, I think he deserves for at least a while to be more at peace, as he is now.

We all know it won't last anyway, but for a while, seeing that aspect of the character feels pretty cool to me.
    No romantic drama, the possibility of being a father for a young Cable. It's a positive change for me. Again, only for a while.

The thing that bothers me the most about Hickman and Duggan run is that Scott seemed maybe too passive to me. But I think Duggan made up for it well with Xmen 7 and 8.
    Last edited by CapCyke; 04-09-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Amazing Member

I think that if Scott's solar metabolism and his eyes powers are separated, it would be much cooler right. I mean, his powers are often retconned or accepted to come from a different dimension while the part of his story is that his powers come from absorbing and metabolising other forms of energy which are then converted and shot through his eyes. In my opinion, this should be changed. Instead of giving him the three-way process of energy absorption, metabolisation, and conversion, it should stop with metabolisation. However, this metabolised energy should provide the same result as Captain America's Super Soldier Serum, granting Scott a peak human condition. As for his beams, they should come out of the other dimension, but it depends on how much stamina Scott has.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Is there anything noteworthy for Scott in the upcoming months? I feel like it's been rather quiet for Scott since his transition to Captain Krakoa.

As a side note, for Mother's Day, here's to Katherine for saving Scott and Alex.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

you know who would play the perfect cyclops? KJ Apa

as far as his powers I don't know why I always thought Cyke should have super strength