Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Cyclops visor is like Wolverines claws and so iconic to the character that they will do mental gymnastics to avoid removing it. There is no reasonable explanation as to why he is wearing that visor in the krakoan era.
    This is the only real answer.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    To a degree, I am somewhat thrown by Scott's resistance. It seems a little incongruent to the man who would do whatever to keep his people safe in the Utopia/Revolution era. I suppose you could say it's development that he realized he didn't need to stretch that much, but the whole Captain Krakoa/Resurrection Protocol drama seems small potatoes as a whole.
    I don't think it's so surprising to be honest. During Utopia era the mutants were driven to the brink of extinction and the reason he would make decisions that were not always moral was solely because of that, he never really liked making those decisions. The revolution era is even more complicated because it's the culmination of years of all of mutantkind relying on him only to end up a pariah amongst them at the end.

Scott is the kind of man who when driven towards the edge will do whatever it takes, but at the same time he will oppose similar views during times of prosperity. I mean look at the end of Second Coming - he was willing to go as far as sacrificing Cable and several other X-Men in order to save Hope, but once Hope was saved the first thing he did was telling Wolverine to disband X-Force and saying that now they could be heroes again because there was hope again.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Cyclops visor is like Wolverines claws and so iconic to the character that they will do mental gymnastics to avoid removing it. There is no reasonable explanation as to why he is wearing that visor in the krakoan era.
    Lol I know it.... I just wondered if there had been any other explanation provided.

... I wondered about Logan's claws too. Technically, his reborn clone should be back to bone claws, I believe.

But whatever XD If we get technical, a lot of things won't make sense.

That one actually was explained in an early issue of Ben Percy's X-Force. Forge has a tub full of adamantium reserved for any time Logan needs to be resurrected.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    Lol I know it.... I just wondered if there had been any other explanation provided.

... I wondered about Logan's claws too. Technically, his reborn clone should be back to bone claws, I believe.

But whatever XD If we get technical, a lot of things won't make sense.
    Well wouldn't Scott's need for the visor be a formal endorsement of Joss Whedon's "emotional trauma" reason? With how Joss words it, its not easily fixed, and could argue that the trauma of further deaths would probably make it even worse.

I anxiously await your responses to X-Men #7...

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

i want spoilers please

It was ok in a vacuum but in a whole its still meh.

spoilers:
    Again being all concerned about the RP is moot when the Council gave Orchis all the mutant bodies it needs to blow the Secret. Honestly Scott should be more PO'd because the QC sucks as ruling and doing everything wrong. He didnt go through Utopia for a bunch of FOPS to fumble around the Mutants and make things worse.
    end of spoilers
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I anxiously await your responses to X-Men #7...

It's all on the spoiler thread ( which I know you have been counting down for!). All the action is over there!

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Took a break from most comics in general but I decided to give X-Men #7 a go. Overall I liked it. Cyclops was a good leader, fighter, and hero.

How has Cyclops's Character been lately? I ask because although I liked issue #7 his attitude as a little off. Was he upset that there's an enemy several steps ahead of him? Or the Ulrich Issue? If its Ulrich it'd make no sense. After all the sacrifices he and the other mutants made to finally have the closest thing to a stable life...shouldn't he be a little more understanding?

So it looks like Gillen is going to write Scott again in Judgment Day
    I've always loved his take on the character but it's been a while since AvX Consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Took a break from most comics in general but I decided to give X-Men #7 a go. Overall I liked it. Cyclops was a good leader, fighter, and hero.

How has Cyclops's Character been lately? I ask because although I liked issue #7 his attitude as a little off. Was he upset that there's an enemy several steps ahead of him? Or the Ulrich Issue? If its Ulrich it'd make no sense. After all the sacrifices he and the other mutants made to finally have the closest thing to a stable life...shouldn't he be a little more understanding?
    I think a bit of both. And he'd be upset over Ulrich because it was just done - creating a new person who will be opposed to them where a potential ally existed before. Scott may have sacrificed a lot, but he did it all by his own choice. Mindwiping someone removes choice, and that is before we get into Scott's history with others mindwiping inconvenient knowledge.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    So it looks like Gillen is going to write Scott again in Judgment Day
    I've always loved his take on the character but it's been a while since AvX Consequences
    At this point, what do we have to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

Issue 7 was probably Cyclops' peak so far, if I'm going to be honest.

As for being upset, probably all of the above. I wish that aspect of the issue was handled better.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-08-2022 at 06:50 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    At this point, what do we have to lose?
    You may think that, my friend. But it can always get worse.

Reading through some of Bendis's run, I have to admit, for good or ill, it was the most compelling character work done with Scott in ages.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.