Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

What did you all think of Cyke’s judgement in X-Men 14? I enjoyed it

Spectacular Member

CD3B472C-69E2-4E1D-AC8E-D0CF53B0FD70.jpg

BA085802-B062-44B8-8254-9FA71376F461.jpg

Other times Cyke and the team have gone up against the Celestials

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

So, does anyone have any thoughts on how his judgement went? Pleased? Disappointed?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed it. I liked his attitude towards it and how he even played the situation his way. Scott has been owning Celestials for quite a bit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    So, does anyone have any thoughts on how his judgement went? Pleased? Disappointed?
    His judgement sure, but after tomorrow I feel like honestly it doesn't matter, just feel extremely let down as a fan tbh. And I haven't hated this era, but geez, it feels like he's the legit token "Big name" X-man. Like, he's in X-men and he co leads with Jean and that has been good, but outside that he really has no presence other then "hey it's cyclops" it's no huge deal since he still appears in stuff and had a TINY story arc (that was really just a plot device for a bigger thing). I get it, he was the focus (eh, lead I guess?) of the X-line for a while so it's fine for him to take a back seat. He just feels totally background now. probably a big reason why this thread is as dead too.

Just not a lot of stuff about him to talk about in general. Ah well, no dig on the other stars who are getting their shine now. And maybe things change down the road, but damn he feels so non consequential in this era now.

So it looks like somebody at Marvel still has it out for Cyclops...

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    What happened?
    "We don't need Scott, we need Steve."
    Dark does not mean deep.

Looks like my hiatus was right. See you guys in the far future.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    With the utmost adoration and respect for Scotty (I'm a ride or die Summer Lover), I completely understand what they MEAN when they say "we don't need Scott, we need Steve"

Its about OPTICS (ironic, given we're talking Cyclops, heehee)
    Do we love Cyclops? 100% the man is my king
    Does the WORLD love Cyclops? Not as much as they love Steve Rogers.
    So the rationale behind ensuring that the beloved, respected, admired, heroworshipped Steve Rogers is visibly fighting FOR and ALONGSIDE the Mutant Race, during this devastating event that MANY of the world's population BLAMES mutants for, rather than forefronting Cyclops, is (not ideal for X-fans) but it makes sense from a motivational, inspirational, image and reception-altering stand point.

Its not about really about talent, skills, experience, or any personal assault on Scott's character. We all know and love how capable, competent and incredible Scott is.
    Its the WORLD that needs Steve around. And hopefully (unfortunate that such circumstances exist) his presence and involvement will positively impact things for mutants.

Yes. I can already hear the counterarguments forming of "But if SCOTT is leading and if SCOTT is running things, then HE could change perception right? HIS success and by proxy the WORLD's success in this devastating world ending event! If HE is the one leading the charge, wouldn't the world recognize and applaud him?"

And to that I say, speaking from experience of contending with bigotry on regular basis: No. Bigotry is fucked up. Bigots blame mutants for this whole ordeal. A mutant solving it will not change many bigots minds. They'll think "We should still get rid of them, since they caused it. Yes they solved it, but they caused it first" whereas if the figure who is universally (adjacent) recognized as a CHAMPION for Humanity helps solve things, and then speaks in favor of mutantkind, there is a high chance that at least a few hearts and minds could tilt toward compassion.

Anyways.
    I love Cyclops. I LOVE that Exodus is like "**** this guy" (re: Cap) That was friggin fantastic.
    What I'm MOST curious about is whether the world will become aware of how the ETERNALS are responsible, how THEIR resurrection process works, and whether THAT reveal will influence or impact perception of mutantkind at all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    With the utmost adoration and respect for Scotty (I'm a ride or die Summer Lover), I completely understand what they MEAN when they say "we don't need Scott, we need Steve"

Its about OPTICS (ironic, given we're talking Cyclops, heehee)
    Do we love Cyclops? 100% the man is my king
    Does the WORLD love Cyclops? Not as much as they love Steve Rogers.
    So the rationale behind ensuring that the beloved, respected, admired, heroworshipped Steve Rogers is visibly fighting FOR and ALONGSIDE the Mutant Race, during this devastating event that MANY of the world's population BLAMES mutants for, rather than forefronting Cyclops, is (not ideal for X-fans) but it makes sense from a motivational, inspirational, image and reception-altering stand point.

Its not about really about talent, skills, experience, or any personal assault on Scott's character. We all know and love how capable, competent and incredible Scott is.
    Its the WORLD that needs Steve around. And hopefully (unfortunate that such circumstances exist) his presence and involvement will positively impact things for mutants.

Yes. I can already hear the counterarguments forming of "But if SCOTT is leading and if SCOTT is running things, then HE could change perception right? HIS success and by proxy the WORLD's success in this devastating world ending event! If HE is the one leading the charge, wouldn't the world recognize and applaud him?"

And to that I say, speaking from experience of contending with bigotry on regular basis: No. Bigotry is fucked up. Bigots blame mutants for this whole ordeal. A mutant solving it will not change many bigots minds. They'll think "We should still get rid of them, since they caused it. Yes they solved it, but they caused it first" whereas if the figure who is universally (adjacent) recognized as a CHAMPION for Humanity helps solve things, and then speaks in favor of mutantkind, there is a high chance that at least a few hearts and minds could tilt toward compassion.

Anyways.
    I love Cyclops. I LOVE that Exodus is like "**** this guy" (re: Cap) That was friggin fantastic.
    What I'm MOST curious about is whether the world will become aware of how the ETERNALS are responsible, how THEIR resurrection process works, and whether THAT reveal will influence or impact perception of mutantkind at all.

My thing wasn't about him not being "the guy" myself, as I got that whole thng. I just didn't like the fact it had to be cyke as the one not being resurrected so Steve could be, Like the guy hasn't done much since the era, and to use him to be like "nah we need THIS guy" just put a sour taste in my mouth. Like he more than likely will be back for the next issue, just didn't like him being used to prop up Cap basically.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

What Neocide said. There's been practically zero in-verse build-up for such a debate to even take place. The whole thing just came off as amusingly unnecessary, passive-aggressive and petty.

Heck, I was baffled at Exodus' mention of Cyclops/AvX early in the event, but couldn't help but laugh at the pettiness of the "payoff". Apparently, Exodus doesn't remember he wanted to *kill* Cyclops after Schism, lol. Oh well.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Like I said in the other thread, this whole event just exists because Avengers editorial dropped the ball for years and sales are in the toilet across the line, even if Endgame and Infinity War made the Avengers explode in popularity.

So, expect Captain America to not be the big damn hero of the whole thing is naive. Even have him be kicked around and fail in most of the event was already more than they were used to.

This is basically AvX 2, but this time without trashing the X-men because that doesn't work and Marvel has the movie rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Ugh.

I don't know the context behind it(haven't been reading comics for a while. On purpose for X-Men and too busy with life for others) but couldn't they have juat said "we need Steve"? Why drag Scott's name in the conversation to begin with?