Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Evil genius, of course.
    Quite the gutsy gamble, come to think of it. What if there's another genius participating and they figured he'd buy something awesome for himself?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    In case I forget later, happy holidays everyone. Whether you celebrate anything or not, I hope everyone has a great rest of the year.
    Same to you. Happy holidays to everyone.

I'm not reallly here anymore due to lack of interest but I still wish my favorite Cyclops fans a happy xmas.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I'm not reallly here anymore due to lack of interest but I still wish my favorite Cyclops fans a happy xmas.
    Same. Remember when the Cyclops thread would go hundreds of pages?

Happy Christmas to everyone who celebrates it, and a great holiday for us and our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Happy Christmas to everyone who celebrates it, and a great holiday for us and our families.
    He was relevant then, nowadays he could be substituted for anyone else, or no one at all in most stories and nothing would change.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    He was relevant then, nowadays he could be substituted for anyone else, or no one at all in most stories and nothing would change.
    He is irrelevant now, but I try to focus on the fact he could easily be getting the Beast treatment, so I guess we are luck.

Mighty Member

Happy Holidays, y'all!

And yeah, i remember when the x-boards in general were more active. Howell, how the times have changed.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He is irrelevant now, but I try to focus on the fact he could easily be getting the Beast treatment, so I guess we are luck.
    Percy's work with Beast is a warning to anyone that wants their characters getting more spotlight. Sometimes is better if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Percy's work with Beast is a warning to anyone that wants their characters getting more spotlight. Sometimes is better if you don't.
    What is going on with Beast remind me of what King did with Adam Strange, just completely wrecking the character, but at least Strange Adventures is in weird place where we don't know if it's cannon or not, while with Beast we know it is.

Back to Cyclops, he will probably remain in the same situation for as long as the x-writers are the same, they don't hate him, but are more interested in telling stories with other characters. The best we can hope is for a new writer to come along wanting to work on Cylops, like Victor LaValle was interested in working on Sabretooth. Duggan could put a greater focus on Scott, since he is the one primarily working with the character, but it's kind of obvious his main interest are Synch and Forge.

What I don't think will happen anytime soon, is Cyclops occupying a central place in the x-line, like Storm, Emma, Xavier and Sinister are. Ewing and Gillen are the ones guiding the ship and they already made clear the characters they are going to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Thankfully the attempts to turn Scott eeeevvviiiiillll were written by incompetent haters who presumed what sounded great in their heads would sound believable on page.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Thankfully the attempts to turn Scott eeeevvviiiiillll were written by incompetent haters who presumed what sounded great in their heads would sound believable on page.
    I think what "saved" Cyclops was some creators kind of pushing the narrative to the other side, where Cyclops wasn't some fanatic gone too far. Gillen during AvX did a good job in showing Scott's point o view and framing the character in a more positive light, to this day AvX: Consequences is one of the best Cyclops stories, imo.

For all the accusations Bendis get, I believe he also did a good job in keeping Cyclops sympathetic during the All New era, while Aaron and Remender were throwing all kinds of crap towards Cyclops.

If we are honest, currently Cyclops is getting the treatment a lot of fans wish their favorites would have. He is a regular member in an ongoing series, have a somewhat relevant role in it, a couple lines every issue and isn't Beast.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 12-26-2022 at 06:46 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

On the bright side, the Summers-Grey-Howlett can't be blamed for Sins of Sinister. Take the good with the bad and all that.

Amazing Member

I felt like the post-Decimation Scott to be like Naked Snake from Metal Gear. The only difference between the two is that Scott never use another character or a clone of himself to be his meme like Big Boss did and took credit for all his work and later damaged whatever good reputation he carved for his selfish ambitions. Though I would've changed Scott's true death in the Death of X to be like MGSV Mission 43: Shining Lights, Even in Death; where an outbreak occurs and the protagonist is forced to kill his crew to save others.
    Except in this case Scott would put a group of mutants out of misery and unknown to Emma and others, he would go out in secret to multiple locations with severe cases. By the time Emma realises what Scott had been up to, it would be too late as Scott himself would be counted among the infected. At the same time, the duo would learn about one last location where the infected are, and thus Scott would give them a small visit. Afterwards, the couple would realise that it is too late for Scott, and as they fly their plane back to their base, Scott would succumb to his condition and give in. He would die in the plane after asking Emma to find a way to preserve the mutantkind by any means necessary.
    This way, Scott's death would have a true meaning, and Emma's actions against the inhumans would be more impactful. Not only will this portray Scott as the morally grey character, but also a realistic leader and a fighter who wants to protect and preserve his people from whatever threats there's to come. Also, the current Scott to be a mix of everything he became and after his resurrection, his story should be about a man facing an existential crisis along with the consequences of his own legacy. Furthermore, the post-resurruction story should be a soul-searching journey where Scott finally finds his balance and peace while rallying the remaining mutants for their next crisis.

What do you guys hope to see for Scott in 2023? I for one wouldn't mind if he left the X-Men team, he's being overshadowed and is being vastly underused. He could go back to the council or something, as of right now its as if his character has no direction.

Hopefully, he'll get some time to shine in Sins of Sinister or Fall of X...
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    What do you guys hope to see for Scott in 2023? I for one wouldn't mind if he left the X-Men team, he's being overshadowed and is being vastly underused. He could go back to the council or something, as of right now its as if his character has no direction.

He's not one of the main players of this era for sure and only makes light appearances in big events.
    But if we talk about Duggan's Xmen. Although he doesn't have a big impact, he remains one of the most prominent members in the book. On year 1, after the first 5 issues, he is surely in the top 3 in presence with a narrative arc centered on him. (the quality is questionable but it is there). We saw him establish a beautiful relationship with Synch and find an old/new nemesis with Statis/Sinister. On the beginning of year 2, we saw him in conflict with Forge, his brother and being one of the 3 central characters of the last Hellfire gala. We also saw him being central in the integration of Firestar into the team.

I think this character has seen better days and much worse. His characterization isn't bad, he doesn't have the importance he's supposed to have yes, but he's definitely in a good place for now.

For this year, I would especially like to see the tactical genius side that I miss a lot. And finally progress on the Xmen vs Council storyline which has been teased for a while.

Happy New Year everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

-Away from polygamy crap.
    -Big permanent power up

None of those things are going to happen.

But anywy, Happy new year everyone. ��