Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    you know who would play the perfect cyclops? KJ Apa

as far as his powers I don't know why I always thought Cyke should have super strength
    Probably because every other character in every comics universe who has eye beams also has super strength except for Cyclops.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Does anyone else miss the Utopia-era Scott characterization in Krakoa?
    I do. I feel Duggan-era Scott is back to being bland again.
    Mutant and Proud!

Amazing Member

I really liked the idea brought up on these boards about Cyclops being able to perceive in bullet time, allowing for sharper reflexes. It'd explain why he's been able to do things like shoot Quick Silver, or dodge Storm's lightening.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Yeah, like we've discussed before, Hickman set up this laid back, just hanging out on the moon Scott because he was going to have all crashing down when he discovered how Xavier and Magneto lied to everyone. Since he left early, that didn't happen, and now Duggan is running with that characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Probably because every other character in every comics universe who has eye beams also has super strength except for Cyclops.
    And also Scott has probably the weakest eyebeams out of them all. His is definitely the weakest among all the well-known ones.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Did he ever stop being bland? Scott in the Krakoa era has overall been lacking in personality or characterization

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did he ever stop being bland? Scott in the Krakoa era has overall been lacking in personality or characterization
    Hickman!Scott survived on the fact that the Rosenberg run was truly terrible and he was hanging around his au daughter and time traveling son.

Duggan!Clops was dooomed from "going back to basics superhero" stuff.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe the whole immortality thing means his usual vocalising urgency and enthusiasm to fight for his race doesn't ring or land..but there's no denying you have a point.

Just peeped X-Men #11. Won’t spoil anything but I’ll say Scott still one the top BAMF’s in the X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Just peeped X-Men #11. Won’t spoil anything but I’ll say Scott still one the top BAMF’s in the X-Men.
    Good about time Scott gets to flex his muscles. Krakoa era has had few of them to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I confirm, Cyke in a 1 vs 1 fight always works for me.

Plus, Larraz really knows how to do justice to the best X-Man.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Is there anything noteworthy for Scott in the upcoming months? I feel like it's been rather quiet for Scott since his transition to Captain Krakoa.

As a side note, for Mother's Day, here's to Katherine for saving Scott and Alex.
    Oh, so Cyke IS Captain Krak?

Score another one for our prophet Fluffy.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Ahh, Cyclops, you’re the best!!
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    And also Scott has probably the weakest eyebeams out of them all. His is definitely the weakest among all the well-known ones.
    Partly because he is meant to be accurate and skilled with them and his eye-beams are his only 'super' power.

There seems to be a sliding scale in most fiction I read of how powerful an ability is and how skilled a person is with it.

An amateur can be given a sword of cut anything in the universe but as they become a professional there will all sorts of things that sword cannot cut for <insert reason here>

Same with Scott.

He only has eye-beams so he uses them a lot, he is meant to be skilled with them so he cannot miss that often.

If the beams were powerful then his foes would get injured/crippled/die so the beams have to be weak.
    Last edited by Arthas; 05-11-2022 at 02:13 PM.

That one shot on that page where he blasts Dr. Stasis point blank is epic. You know which one I'm talking about. Can I post it here?