Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I personally think its time for Scott to dump Jean and get with Polaris.
    They'd need to do some work for that one first.

Now, as part of the eventual MCU, it could work, especially if they feel like they need to make Jean/Logan a thing. If they want to have Scott end up with his "Third Way" characterization meeting in the middle with Lorna (who could be making a similar journey from the other side of the hero/villain coin) could be a great story if done well - just so long as they make it a story for each of them and avoid handing one to the other as some kind of reward or worse, a consolation prize.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Marvel is giving me Scott and Emma together in exchange for Peter and MJ breaking up… I’d take that offer.

Considering the subtext and the time it took for a scene like this to happen, I'm not so sure.

That aside, I'm not sure how I feel about this Captain Krakoa situation. Mainly his death. He hasn't been portrayed too competently so far. I feel it will be even more "interesting" if he dies while half the team is away. I at least hope it's admirable/heroic. Overall, I'm not feeling too positive about this. I kind of hope he leaves when the team resets. His co-leader status doesn't seem that well flushed out either. Not a lot of good so far.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-21-2022 at 03:16 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I personally think its time for Scott to dump Jean and get with Polaris.
    Nah Polaris has her Havok issues,Jean Logan issues and Emma some Namor issues..only Joanna has Scott on her mind, if there's any woman with room for only him in her heart it would be Frenzy. That reunion would be epic

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Considering the subtext and the time it took for a scene like this to happen, I'm not so sure.

That aside, I'm not sure how I feel about this Captain Krakoa situation. Mainly his death. He hasn't been portrayed too competently so far. I feel it will be even more "interesting" if he dies while half the team is away. I at least hope it's admirable/heroic. Overall, I'm not feeling too positive about this. I kind of hope he leaves when the team resets. His co-leader status doesn't seem that well flushed out either. Not a lot of good so far.
    Who cares how it is? Whole point is it's staged ,as staged as Wanda's. I don't want Scott fretting over something that is inconsequential. Cyke still walking incognito with his shades on in public won't be an issue I think since it's the visor that gets him recognised anyway.

Astonishing Member

By the way I know the visor is basically an iconic accessory associated with Cyke but just to switch it up, can't Forge simply craft him thin ruby coloured contact lenses so that he basically can walk around with red eyes but only beam out the blasts when he concentrates? I mean can't we get ingenious here for a different aesthetic once in a while?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Who cares how it is? Whole point is it's staged ,as staged as Wanda's. I don't want Scott fretting over something that is inconsequential. Cyke still walking incognito with his shades on in public won't be an issue I think since it's the visor that gets him recognised anyway.
    It could be staged. That's plausible, it doesn't really deal with the competency issues for me however. That being said, why would they need to kill him in order to stage his death? Why would his death being public be an issue if it was staged? Wouldn't that be a good thing? It just seems rather odd. In fact, that might make the story even weirder for me considering Scott's resistance to becoming Captain Krakoa. He should have seen it coming.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It could be staged. That's plausible, it doesn't really deal with the competency issues for me however. That being said, why would they need to kill him in order to stage his death? Why would his death being public be an issue if it was staged? Wouldn't that be a good thing? It just seems rather odd. In fact, that might make the story even weirder for me considering Scott's resistance to becoming Captain Krakoa. He should have seen it coming.
    I know , it is possible that the fallout from this will lead to Scott perhaps denouncing the QC eventually? The whole he's not on board but is obliged to follow orders seems to be setting up something down the line.My initial idea is he simply hides on Krakoa or walks around incognito on earth(like Moira once in a blue moon),while a clone tweaked with different powers is doing the heroics so that to the world it's obvious it can't be Scott..but the QC have opted for a darker ,probably more risky option, whose grand idea was it?

Fantastic Member

To a degree, I am somewhat thrown by Scott's resistance. It seems a little incongruent to the man who would do whatever to keep his people safe in the Utopia/Revolution era. I suppose you could say it's development that he realized he didn't need to stretch that much, but the whole Captain Krakoa/Resurrection Protocol drama seems small potatoes as a whole.

I think Scott's issues are mostly going to be personal ones - having to maintain a mask in public or any place where he might be observed isn't something he is used to doing. For a similar example, tale a quick look at the animated Superman episode The Late Mr. Kent. Now add in the fact that Scott was never much of a "secret identity" person outside of a short period on X-Factor.

I think the potential storyline where Scott had major issues with the QC got killed when someone screwed up and had characters reacting to what were supposed to be Vulcan's imaginary friends. The intended catalyst got derailed and as a result so did the fallout.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    To a degree, I am somewhat thrown by Scott's resistance. It seems a little incongruent to the man who would do whatever to keep his people safe in the Utopia/Revolution era. I suppose you could say it's development that he realized he didn't need to stretch that much, but the whole Captain Krakoa/Resurrection Protocol drama seems small potatoes as a whole.
    Duggan pretty much just writes Scott like a good ol’ Boy Scout. His X-Men run has been really boring so far, his Marauders was the same. I’m going to keep reading until the Orchis issue but if I don’t see an improvement I may just drop the book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Duggan pretty much just writes Scott like a good ol’ Boy Scout. His X-Men run has been really boring so far, his Marauders was the same. I’m going to keep reading until the Orchis issue but if I don’t see an improvement I may just drop the book.
    Yeah, in Cable he was actually more interesting because we got to see him as DadClops, which we didn't see him that often.

And it's also pretty clearly that Boyscout Scott is the direction editorial wanted to take, as we have seen from the arguments we had here with JDW and interviews.

One of the reasons it was sad that Hickman left so soon was because Inferno was clearly going to be much bigger and we would have seen Scott's reaction.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, in Cable he was actually more interesting because we got to see him as DadClops, which we didn't see him that often.

And it's also pretty clearly that Boyscout Scott is the direction editorial wanted to take, as we have seen from the arguments we had here with JDW and interviews.

One of the reasons it was sad that Hickman left so soon was because Inferno was clearly going to be much bigger and we would have seen Scott's reaction.
    It was clear Hickman was setting up Scott to struggle with finally having his family together versus his feelings on the various ethical and moral lines Krakoa has crossed -- what is the line? I was excited to see that develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    By the way I know the visor is basically an iconic accessory associated with Cyke but just to switch it up, can't Forge simply craft him thin ruby coloured contact lenses so that he basically can walk around with red eyes but only beam out the blasts when he concentrates? I mean can't we get ingenious here for a different aesthetic once in a while?

I'm still trying to figure out why Scott even NEEDS the visor anymore. Back at the beginning of Hox/Pox, he (and multiple other X-men like Wolverine) died and then were resurrected by the Five on Krakoa. When people are "resurrected," I'm pretty sure it was that they were clones, created using DNA from Sinister, and their minds were "downloaded" into the new bodies by Charles.
    But Scott's brain damage isn't genetic (and I don't think that the whole "it's a mental block" thing from Whedon was canon, was it?)... so his new body should be able to control the optic blasts.

Right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why Scott even NEEDS the visor anymore. Back at the beginning of Hox/Pox, he (and multiple other X-men like Wolverine) died and then were resurrected by the Five on Krakoa. When people are "resurrected," I'm pretty sure it was that they were clones, created using DNA from Sinister, and their minds were "downloaded" into the new bodies by Charles.
    But Scott's brain damage isn't genetic (and I don't think that the whole "it's a mental block" thing from Whedon was canon, was it?)... so his new body should be able to control the optic blasts.

Right?
    I think so, definitely Synch seems to be able to do things he couldn't before (copying non mutant powers) there is definitely potential to either improve Scott's physiology or make his accessories more advanced hence an upgraded contact lens.I guess writers are stuck in a mode.

Cyclops visor is like Wolverines claws and so iconic to the character that they will do mental gymnastics to avoid removing it. There is no reasonable explanation as to why he is wearing that visor in the krakoan era.