Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    So it looks like Gillen is going to write Scott again in Judgment Day
    I've always loved his take on the character but it's been a while since AvX Consequences
    Not enthused.

While I did like Gillen's run and AVXC, that article on Emma becoming a villain again drained me.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Amazing Member

Found a imdb page for a fan movie. Not sure if it exists yet.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...h1vH7jbE5HvAaI

Reposting this one here for the lulz. From PolarIceFire

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire
    But yeah, when Polaris sashayed into the Treehouse in all her flustered glory, making mention of "sidekicks" (lmao, smh)...

I definitely took that as a harbinger. That entire sequence between her & Scott was one of the most memorable for me & an instant classic, I LOVEd their rapport, BUT... let's use the term "STAFF" Lorna, from here on out. I can't help but find her fussiness SO charming, tho, and funny - she's a trip!

On that note, something just came to me while writing this, *any* "union" between the Summer House + House of M = ...
    a House of S&M? 8D ;P
    House of S&M....and that comment probably just launched a thousand shipfics - that probably can't even be linked to from here....
    Dark does not mean deep.

If I ever needed a reason to ship Lorna and Scott, its this.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Krakoa's... NEW 4th LAW?

CYCLOPS

ALWAYS able at a moment's notice...

to SWING the BIG STICK, as he says.

He's got his 1-EYE *cocked*, loaded,

& ready 2 open huge fire, repeatedly.

MAKE! MORE!! SCOTTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    If I ever needed a reason to ship Lorna and Scott, its this.
    I could see it as a possibility in the MCU to be honest. It's a near certainty that the scriptwriters will push Jean and Logan as their OTP, they won't be able to help themselves. That frees up Scott to be paired with someone else - and if they use Scott's journey to inform that Lorna is quite possibly the most logical choice, depending on what that journey is and if they even take it.

In this hypothetical case, Scott's journey is about finding a Third Way, between the initial near pacifism of Xavier and the militant separatism of Magneto. If Polaris is portrayed as taking a similar journey from the opposite side, the end point becomes obvious.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Jean at all, since Marvel will run away from the Phoenix plot like a plague. If they use her, ot's quite likely she, like the X-men, will start as a teenager, and then I can see Marvel not wanting to deal with criticisms over age difference.

BANNED

CYCLOPS fans, I would've never thought it possible all that long ago, but I am REALLY GETTIN' INTO your guy 1-EYE! So, I'm hoping y'all can help me with some *specific* recommendations, and requests. As of RN, the following's what I'm after, and lookin' for:

1. In the past, I've always empathized with his character most, during his early stories at the orphanage. Is there any you could suggest, especially if they feature Sinister, and are darker/more mature in nature & theme?

2. Also, any involving him & Iceman or Polaris, that had some good moments between them? I've been checkin' out random issues of the Thomas/Adams run, which I like a lot & have a lot of thoughts on. Same goes for the earlier stuff, but to a lesser eXtent. I know there was the Hidden Years & First-Class series, which I've been thinkin' about revisiting... anything else ya can think of? Maybe some more modern, too, that would be nice.

3. How do you feel about Scott in the age of Krakoa, honestly... yay, nay, or in between? What would you like to see done with him, *developmentally*... in the AoK, or just generally?

4. PiX, lots & lots of pictures!! Of what he would look like, his face, *ideally* to you. His best outfit(s) & signature, visual representation of his optic blasts. Like, when you imagine him in your head, that's what you see. SeXy ones, 2, the less clothes the better...

a hyper-responsible, DEEPly *SERIOUS* JOCK... who's SUPER-HOT!! That's how I C 'im. (Sorta, that's my knee-jerk, 1st instinct reaction, anyway. ;P )

5. Which brings me to, any idea who you'd like to see play him... in the MCU?

Last edited by PolarIceFire; 02-21-2022 at 09:33 PM.

1 - Jay Edidin wrote a one-shot recently (or semi-recently) about an early Scott pre-powers, including him meeting Mr. Fantastic for the first time. Jay (from Jay and Miles X-plain the X-Men) has a legit claim to being the biggest Cyclops fan on the internet and is a great source for anything Scott. Sadly, most of Scott's early stuff is very brief, told in a page or two of flashbacks unless you want to look for fanfiction. Part of that is Claremont's initial vision for Sinister was that he was a mutant kid at the same orphanage whose power prevented him from ever growing up, and he resented Scott for actually doing so.

2 - not sure about Hidden Years, but First Class never leaves the O5 era, until Uncanny First Class takes over. That one is solidly in ANAD territory though. The O5 First Class is a very fun comic, and has spotlight stories for all 5 team members, so if you want stuff with early Bobby he is in there and doesn't get shortchanged. There's also a very well received set of Jean and Wanda shorts that end a lot of the issues, those stories are all of the heartwarming or comedic bent.

3 - my view on Krakoa Scott is in between. Not as good as I hoped (betting better recently) but nowhere near as bad as what came right before. Outside of Champions, the entire Secret Wars to Krakoa period is trash from a Cyclops-centric perspective. Most Cyclops fans regard it in a fashion similar to Claremont's handling of Lorna.

4 - no pictures to offer from my tablet, but I see Scott looking like a plain but handsome, somewhat nerdy type. The one you might pass over at first glance, but not want to look away from once you take notice. Best outfits are the dated 90s suit, the Ultimate Universe version of (about the only thing they did right with Scott), the Astonishing outfit, and his Bendis duds when the hood was down - outside of the Astonishing suit, I prefer him with his hair out. Honorable mention to the Power Ranger suit for his teen version.

5 - he's too old now, but I would have loved Clive Owen. So someone who can pull off a similar vibe.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

I'm sure they'll go younger but for years I always thought Chris Pine could play a really great Scott, and give him a pair of red shades and he more than looks the part.

BANNED

Gray, I'm in a hurry RN & can't (thoughtfully) respond as I would like, BUT am STRONGly *feeling*... you & I are going to have MUCH 2 DISCUSS!! Your #4 & 5 answers made sense, really resonated, and got some wheels turning a li'l differently. In the meantime, some recurring MCU fancasts I found, to consider:

Garrett Hedlund?

Liam Hemsworth?

And Scott Eastwood?

BANNED

And as BW suggested...

Chris Pine?!

Pine may be too old, and is almost certainly too expensive for an ensemble film. The big thing more than anything else, they have to do the screen test with dark sunglasses. Scott's actor will need to convey complex emotions without his eyes, which is no easy task according to James Marsden. I think he called it the hardest job of his career for that reason.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I could see it as a possibility in the MCU to be honest. It's a near certainty that the scriptwriters will push Jean and Logan as their OTP, they won't be able to help themselves. That frees up Scott to be paired with someone else - and if they use Scott's journey to inform that Lorna is quite possibly the most logical choice, depending on what that journey is and if they even take it.

In this hypothetical case, Scott's journey is about finding a Third Way, between the initial near pacifism of Xavier and the militant separatism of Magneto. If Polaris is portrayed as taking a similar journey from the opposite side, the end point becomes obvious.
    MCU is really trying to do most things the right way. I don't see them pushing Logan and Jean. The fox trilogy did that and it wasn't good at all and made little sense. They'll use Scott and Jean as the iconic couple they are. I don't doubt this at all. The love triangle being done right is too good not to use, and they'll make sure it's Scott and Jean in the end