Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

What's on in Iceman #3?

Amazing Member

Spoliers for the issue because duh.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Loki got entraped by a frost gaint runt mage who was gonna use his blood to summon a powerful demon. He tricked the mage into summoning iceman. Loki asked him to free him but iceman refused reminding Loki of what he did in the past to him. The mega then created a manifestation of Both laufey and William in a form of monster, Loki landed him his "God power" by giving him his helmet and staff then said some "magic words". Bobby vent all his anger at the monster as he attacked it killing it. Loki was about to kill the runt but Bobby stopped him and told him the runt obviously didn't deserve to die and his ex boy friend can help. Loki then told Bobby that he's truly stonge also that he fell for the oldest motivational trick ever, he can't land him his godly powers the powers was already in him yay!Bobby stood there in shock for a while and then went like "I guess I am very strong then".

Loki was called the God of outcasts for some reason which is very confusing because like I thought the Loki 2019 is retconned out from the main universe?as it seems Thor's axe was instead magically with rune??and Loki have never called himself that ever since but what ever.Kinda glad Bobby at least respected Loki's wishes to not be called the God of lies.

The story is kinda disappointing from what I thought it was gonna be but eh.

Speaking of the God of outcasts Loki also appeared in spider-man 2099: exodus #2 it's on the free online comics site so I won't be explaining the story but I will spolie it
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even thought the preview made it sound like Loki would be a villian he wasn't.
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-15-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks! Yes, I've read Exodus. Daniel Kibblesmith must be surprised seeing how literally they used his "God of Outcasts" idea... while I think Taika Waititi should be given credit for all these Loki's collaborations with various valkyries.

Was a bit sad that he will apparently not be in it for more than the one issue, unless there is some kind of resurrection which it doesn't feel like there will be, but at least he went out a hero, i guess. Really weird dialogue though...

Quote Originally Posted by Fanto.mx View Post
    TVA Secretary Pillboi was my favorite minor character in these series, so I'm pretty happy about this. I'd like him to be involved with the Non-finity Stones explanation, ideally, since I really want to know how and why those didn't work in the TVA. It seems apparent that there's just a straight up nothing-works-unless-they-want-it-to field of some kind, but nullifying infinity stones is pretty extreme.

Speaking of the show, the Carlin Bros just put this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpm...CarlinBrothers

They make a pretty good case, even going so far as to explain Mobius's name. (I want to talk more about this, but don't want to come out of the gate with spoilers for the argument)
    Hm.... i could see it working but I'm not sure if i am completely sold. I kind of just liked the idea that Mobius was just some dude though, one of the randos who inadvertently broke the timeline by being late to work or something, and ended up a TVA agent. so i may be biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Emoandlazy View Post
    I hope they show Cassie what a fish is,because come on.
    They can do that when Mobius finally rides a Jet-ski

As for the infinity comics, I kinda go to the app and check comics covers from time to time. Loki will also appear in meow to infinity comic issue 9 and 10 based on the covers. To me Loki have always been a cat, he's just empressing who he truly is now lmao.
    I wonder if he will ever turn back or just stay a cat forever in that series.

Loki was called the God of outcasts for some reason which is very confusing because like I thought the Loki 2019 is retconned out from the main universe?as it seems Thor's axe was instead magically with rune??and Loki have never called himself that ever since but what ever.Kinda glad Bobby at least respected Loki's wishes to not be called the God of lies.

The story is kinda disappointing from what I thought it was gonna be but eh.
    I don't think it was retconned away, it was just not referenced a whole lot afterward. But like in the Valkyrie stuff, Drrf appeared. Loki's throne in Cates' run is the same. It still happened, or at least partly. But I don't think we will see any resolution to the whole Children of Eternity plotline or anything, but other than that, still happened, even if i don't expect many overt references to it.

I do wonder how Bobby even KNEW to call Loki that though. I don't think Loki's exactly had the opportunity outside of his family and a few others like maybe Tony, to really let anyone know he'd prefer to not be the 'god of lies' anymore, and he in fact likes to use the ambiguity to his advantage to kind of play both sides. Though I think he's doing that less lately.

But yeah, what I said before about skimming over the interesting bits does apply sadly. It had all the right ingredients, but in too small amounts. And like, how did Loki even get captured in the first place, that kind of bugs me, he's too smart and powoerful to be taken by that loser. But maybe now that Iceman and Loki are kind of on better-ish terms maybe they can team up again in the future.

The runt mentioned by Emoandlazy was Drrf?! But why would he ever attack Loki?
    I wish I could read that, but the subscription had never been available in my country (and, naturally, it won't be). However, I saw some screenshots in Twitter, and I can't say I'm a fan. Loki looks like Aladdin, and the couple look as if they're two overgrown bearded babies.
    Last edited by Yoruno; 06-16-2022 at 11:30 AM.

What the hell (literally Hel) was that in Alligator#8? I wonder if the original Loki will continue to issue 9 - or did he just drop in to boast Thor's helmet?

hehehe... this panel just amuses me

and yeah, Alligator Loki was weird, a whole lotta people who really should not be getting along were, and why is Hel a spa? weird. But it's connection to continuity i pretty tenuous, so whatever. I get the feeling OG Loki will be back, I think he wants to get rid of Gator Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    I wish I could read that, but the subscription had never been available in my country (and, naturally, it won't be). However, I saw some screenshots in Twitter, and I can't say I'm a fan. Loki looks like Aladdin, and the couple look as if they're two overgrown bearded babies.
    oh, no, Drrf was in Valkyrie, during the arc with Tyr. The "sorcerer" in Iceman was just some rando, never seen him before. And yeah, the artist drew Iceman and Christian (Frost, Emma's brother) like they were teenagers or something.

Amazing Member

Yeah, especially Clea and Amora these two actually fought alot in the past if I remember correctly. Plus doctor strange seems to be one of Amora's crushs so I don't think she will get a long with Clea well since she don't seem to like sif. Honestly I feel bad for Loki in this one.

I wonder if he will ever turn back or just stay a cat forever in that series.
    It seems like he's gonna stay as a cat from the covers. I'm more excited for the 10th issue because it seems it's taking place in strange academy which means we might get Loki and zelma interaction. I kinda really ship them together they're adorable. Especially when zelma sounds like the mom girlfriend you know? the one who has a job but the clinky child wants attention kind. At least that's how I saw their exchange as, in strange academy issue #1. I bet he's going to go to the academy just to get to see her.

Yeah, it's not Drrf. Drrf would never he's kinda of a peaceful guy and I bet he likes Loki way so much to actually harm him. I mean come on the little guy was minutes from getting turned into food and in a second he's the second hand of a king. In my opinion Loki and Drrf relationship should be talked about more, it has too much potential. They could actually have an adorable siblings relationship, since Loki did tell Drrf he thought he was his "bro"

As for Loki 2019 I feel like it should be retconned at least a little as it made Loki too op.

Christian (Frost, Emma's brother)
    I knew his last name reminded me of someone!
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-18-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Fantastic Member

I really enjoyed the 2099 story. I agree that the dialogue was a bit weird but I overall thought it was a beautiful story.

Yeah, I haven't been thrilled with the Iceman series and agree with the criticism towards it thus far. I also wondered how Loki got captured and was kind of hoping that it was some sort of trick to establish a better relationship with Iceman (since they did have bad blood between them) but nope. Also, the internal logic of Bobby distrusting him but also knowing he was the god of outcasts felt...off (aside from the question of how he even knew that to begin with). It could make sense if like, he'd heard Loki was reformed but distrusted him due to, well, Loki, but it wasn't addressed at all.

(Also, I feel like every issue of that story is introducing a different secondary character, and I don't know who these people are and then don't get time to care about them before it's focusing on someone else.)

This brings me to a unifying point between the two tales, which were otherwise very different: both of them essentially incapacitated Loki in some way. I think he's powerful enough it's difficult to make him a supporting character without overshadowing most other superheroes (to be fair, Thor would be in the same boat, imo, although I think Loki is even harder to write, because not only does he have magic but you have to somehow make it so he doesn't have a plan or so that his plan doesn't work). I don't think this precludes him from a solo title -- in fact, I think a solo title would suffer less in this regard, because it wouldn't worry about having to "balance" him around other people.

I think he's okay in the Thor title right now, since Thor has the All-Power and because Loki is avoiding doing the sneaky thing.

I love him as a cat, he has achieved his true form.
    Last edited by Riimi; 06-18-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Mighty Member

How about Loki in universes outside Marvel? There was a Loki in a silver age Jimmy Olsen and a Loki in the 90s Hercules tv show. Are they also another manifestation of this Loki?

Amazing Member

How about Loki in universes outside Marvel? There was a Loki in a silver age Jimmy Olsen and a Loki in the 90s Hercules tv show. Are they also another manifestation of this Loki?
    I don't really think so? Some might just call them inspiration. I honestly didn't know these Lokis existed. The only Lokis beside marvels Loki, I know off are legend of ace Loki(used to play the game),record of ragnarok Loki and Loki lord of the aesir from yugioh(he's a card in there)

a preview of marvel voices : pride just came out and it seems like Loki is in danger from teddy and America's face expressions.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/17/ma...-pride-1-2022/

It's sweet teddy sees Loki as a member of the team even after everything.

Well, Loki is based on mythology, so I think all those other books are just drawing on the same myths. Sandman had a Loki, and on the subject of Gaiman, he's in American Gods (along with Odin). and I am sure he's appeared lots of other places too, just because of the myths. Marvel has the rights to this particular depiction of him, how he looks, the forward facing horns, affinity for green, and the particular specifics of his history, but other people can still use the myths as basis for characters, just as long as they don't make it TOO similar to Marvel's take... same goes for Thor, too.

And yay! glad they want to help him. Though I wonder what from. But it's just a short story so can't be anything too major, since it has to be resolved in a handful of pages.

It seems like he's gonna stay as a cat from the covers. I'm more excited for the 10th issue because it seems it's taking place in strange academy which means we might get Loki and zelma interaction. I kinda really ship them together they're adorable. Especially when zelma sounds like the mom girlfriend you know? the one who has a job but the clinky child wants attention kind. At least that's how I saw their exchange as, in strange academy issue #1. I bet he's going to go to the academy just to get to see her.
    Aw, Zelma would be nice, they were cute. Only 2 so far, but each issue has ended with Loki getting a kiss, so maybe that will continue with Zelma

Yeah, it's not Drrf. Drrf would never he's kinda of a peaceful guy and I bet he likes Loki way so much to actually harm him. I mean come on the little guy was minutes from getting turned into food and in a second he's the second hand of a king. In my opinion Loki and Drrf relationship should be talked about more, it has too much potential. They could actually have an adorable siblings relationship, since Loki did tell Drrf he thought he was his "bro"

As for Loki 2019 I feel like it should be retconned at least a little as it made Loki too op.
    Drrf could at least show up in the background once in a while so we can be sure he hasn't been eaten.

I think it's kind of like... they kept what could be kept, and the rest, the stuff that was left unresolved, was just kind of swept under the carpet because it would be really awkward otherwise. So yeah, I do think some of the OP stuff doesn't really apply, but Drrf still exists, he (maybe?) beat Nightmare, he still made up with Verity, and, most importantly, he still had old west adventures with Wolverine. But all that stuff with Now and Then... we don't mention that. It likely conflicts with what Cates wants to do, even tho Cates is taking his sweet time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    I really enjoyed the 2099 story. I agree that the dialogue was a bit weird but I overall thought it was a beautiful story.

Yeah, I haven't been thrilled with the Iceman series and agree with the criticism towards it thus far. I also wondered how Loki got captured and was kind of hoping that it was some sort of trick to establish a better relationship with Iceman (since they did have bad blood between them) but nope. Also, the internal logic of Bobby distrusting him but also knowing he was the god of outcasts felt...off (aside from the question of how he even knew that to begin with). It could make sense if like, he'd heard Loki was reformed but distrusted him due to, well, Loki, but it wasn't addressed at all.

(Also, I feel like every issue of that story is introducing a different secondary character, and I don't know who these people are and then don't get time to care about them before it's focusing on someone else.)
    Yeah, Bobby knowing he was the God of Outcasts while simultaneously distrusting him was odd. Oh well, just a small thing in the grand scheme of things. And maybe the next time they meet, if ever, some of that stuff can be explored properly.

and yeah, if you haven't been following Iceman's story these last several years, across several different books no less, a lot of what's going on is bewildering as characters flit in and out of the story that you are supposed to know...

This brings me to a unifying point between the two tales, which were otherwise very different: both of them essentially incapacitated Loki in some way. I think he's powerful enough it's difficult to make him a supporting character without overshadowing most other superheroes (to be fair, Thor would be in the same boat, imo, although I think Loki is even harder to write, because not only does he have magic but you have to somehow make it so he doesn't have a plan or so that his plan doesn't work). I don't think this precludes him from a solo title -- in fact, I think a solo title would suffer less in this regard, because it wouldn't worry about having to "balance" him around other people.

I think he's okay in the Thor title right now, since Thor has the All-Power and because Loki is avoiding doing the sneaky thing.

I love him as a cat, he has achieved his true form.
    Yeah, when Loki guest stars he's frequently either incapacitated, or they just kinda.... ignore how powerful he is. He shows up and it's played as if he is dramatically less powerful than he is in Thor. Even in his own books, this happens. JiM, Young Avengers, and Agent of Asgard all did this, but Agent of Asgard it was more self imposed to make things interesting. Until the very end, anyway, when he got a kind of ludicrous powerup (though I guess we will see for sure how big of a powerup it really was, soon) But if Dr Strange can have a book and things are kept interesting, I do think the same can be done with Loki, he just needs to face enemies of a certain calibre, or focus more on him as a person... but he does tend to get powered down for guest appearances, for sure, so the protagonist of that book can shine.

And I think it's funny that Marvel has all these animal characters to draw from, yet we get Loki turned into a cat before we see like, Cosmo, or Tippy Toe, or Mew, (though guessing those are coming next) and not only that, he gets a recurring part.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-20-2022 at 04:34 AM.

I read a fan theory where Loki is behind some events in Legion of X. I don't believe it's true but I wouldn't mind if Loki interacts with the Arrakii or has a history with a few of them. It just feels like a fun match-up.

Amazing Member

Drrf could at least show up in the background once in a while so we can be sure he hasn't been eaten
    Agreed,it seems Drrf is gonna be appearing at least in the background In rune's pride month story this year marvel voices : pride issue since he is seen dancing on what I assume is a disco ball in preview image.

That's good that Drrf is popping up again. Speaking of, Marvel released a little trailer for the Pride issue: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-avengers-more

So Loki's been captured and tied up again I hope his new thing isn't to be a damsel in distress.

And I haven't been keeping up with Legion of X, could you explain?