Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

What's interesting, these are not just any shoes. They're the Seven-League boots, the ones Loki wore in AoA, and it's specifically mentioned in The God Who Fell to Earth that he had been wearing them till they were destroyed in Laufey's stomack. Loki uses them to walk on snow, wind and other unlikely surfaces just like he did in AoA. So the Loki we get in Mighty Thor and further on is an amalgam of Agent and God of Stories, some elements from here and some from there.

Amazing Member

And yeah, after I think would make more sense, and could mean we see how Loki gets from here to there in Champions
    Hold on I'm kinda of confused what champions?

The new alligator Loki comic was so wholesome. I can't fyfyf66. It's a little weird that mephisto helped but eh it seems this infinity comic doesn't really care about canon that much.

I think she just got her wires crossed and meant Defenders

and yeah both Alligator Loki and Meow were cute. tho in Meow you kinda have to wonder why Loki didn't just.... turn back. teleport away. something.

May just be lookalike boots, haven't seen him walking on anything weird lately. And the way I see it it's all just... Loki. It's just that whatever happened at the end of AoA that led Loki to behave, well, like the God of Stories persona, ended up getting walked back some, based on how things went in Aaron's run, he realized declaring himself something new hadn't actually worked the way Loki wanted, so there wasn't a lot of point keeping that going. So everything happening in Defenders now is still in Loki's past, as he appears in Thor. It's just that there is some kind of gap there that covers how Loki got from the end of AoA to that first appearance in Aaron's run... I think it would be nice if that was covered in Defenders, but... I just don't know if Ewing wants to spend this story explaining that.

Amazing Member

I believe Loki didn't shapeshift back and run away is probably because he dosen't want his cover to be blown, so he could keep hanging out around the avengers tower and get kitty treatment.

As for AXE event thing apperently everyone is being judged by the Celestials so Loki is probably gonna be getting judged too,dunno how will he cross paths with Iron fist but we will have to wait and see.

Amazing Member

This thread seems to be dead but I really wanna vent my anger somewhere. It doesn't seem Like red herring in the iron fist story as Loki is literally on the bad guy side for no reason :/. I should've known from the alligator Loki comics appearances that aylsa wong probably thinks of him as a villian she even called him a villian . And the pride month story showed that she dosen't give a **** about canon from America being so ooc.

And it seems they know each other.I could be just freaking out and it's really a red herring although a little annoying because we already established that he dropped the whole being on the bad guys side to help the good guys but less annoying than him being a villian.

Holy **** if I'm not freaking out the fate of having his character development be ignored because apparently marvel dose with so many characters. I'm literally gonna cry.

Yeah sorry, just there wasn't much new to discuss, and I just got distracted again, I joined NAFO last month, so.... twitter ate me.

ANYWAY! I checked out Iron Fist, and would not panic just yet. Loki hasn't actually done anything yet, aside from go see this guy, and it could be Loki counting on him not realizing that he's switched sides. Loki was labelled as the 'god of stories' so... Not so much playing the part of the bad guy, like during Aaron's run, as just taking advantage of a misconception from someone who hadn't gotten the news. But we will see. But I am reserving judgment until we see more.

And don't worry too much, this is Iron Fist, which is side stuff as far as Loki is concerned. While it would be nice if books were more consistent across the line, sometimes side appearances are OOC, and things just kind of move past them. Any major developments will be restricted to Thor (and, hopefully a new Loki solo sometime in the future *fingers crossed*) so even if things are screwed up here, it likely will not have a huge impact overall, kinda like how that Dan Slott's Spider-Man with Loki story was pretty much ignored after it portrayed him more like a villain.

The Defenders is decent but Ewing is going for a more esoteric/worldbuilding vibe. So it's not for everyone and a far cry from Agent of Asgard's strengths.

Legion of X created a new character that I wanna see Loki tangle with. He's a got a new challenger in the Trickster God arena. .

Yeah some people are all about the lore, but I liked AoA more for the character work than I did for all the lore/continuity stuff Ewing likes to dive into. so Defenders just isn't my sort of thing, really, It builds off of a lot of the bits and pieces Ewing has kinda built up over many different books, and if you haven't been following most of them, it's hard to get too invested.

Is the Legion of X character that Loki tease from the covers? I may have to check that out, because of the sheer volume of titles though, I tend to check out the X-Men stuff a few months down the line in Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah sorry, just there wasn't much new to discuss
    Oh really? Loki appears weekly in Marvel's Voices America Chavez. Unfortunately, I haven't got access so I have no idea what happens there, although I'm desperately curious. According to the cover, it will have a flashback into Loki's childhood.
    And there was Alligator Loki featuring Thor and Loki and promising to return for Season 2, and Marvel Meow where Loki decides he's done with being a cat. As for the Defenders, it is probably a revolutionary book, yet I actively dislike it. Loki's POV will be shown in Vol.5, and guess where they're heading? To the House of Ideas, and I'm glad to see Kibblesmith's plot isn't ignored. I guess Loki's power to reinvent the past will be utilised to explain the transition between AoA and the War of the Realms Loki.

oh! I didn't know he was in America's comic, will have to check that out and report back

Loki (and other Asgardians) did appear in a very unexpected place, a jokey music video by a band I follow, Salatio Mortis.

I mean Norse myth is VERY common in metal, but this is the movie versions specifically.

And yeah, I loved AoA (except parts of the final couple issues) but Ewing tends to go one of two ways in the stuff he writes. I mean, this is broadly, the boundary is fuzzy, it's not absolute, aspects of both always appear, but usually heavily weighted to one or the other. Either character stuff with a hefty dose of humour, or super lore heavy cosmic stuff that tries to explain the fabric of the MU and how it works, usually heavy on the meta. (and i presume other universes when he works in them, but Ewing has been almost exclusively Marvel so far) I like character Ewing a lot, but not so much cosmic lore Ewing. AoA was more the character stuff, even if it had some of the meta stuff going on. The other type of story... not so much, because sometimes it seems to be into it for the lore itself rather than the characters. I just.... don't really care that much about the intricacies of how the MU functions. I know some people love that stuff, but I just don't care. At least, not for it's own sake. I care about that stuff if it somehow serves a story or character arc. Like the Asgard stuff, since we are talking Loki. I like Norse myth, it's cool. But in the context of Marvel, and the changes made to the myths and how specifically everything works, I only care about that because of how it relates to Loki and Thor and the rest of the characters. That stuff is important to them, and shaped how they have developed, so I care about it for that reason. In the context of Marvel, I would not want to read about all the details of how it all works without Thor and Loki's personal stories at the heart of it all.

About the House of Ideas, that was something Kibblesmith actually borrowed from Ewing, though, just to be clear. In one of Ewing's Avengers stories, it played a central role in resolving things, with a hefty side of explaining how the MU functions. Vision went in there in a role I think was pretty obviously originally meant for Loki, but since they went in a different direction with Loki after AoA, and he was at that time busy playing both sides, and not in a position to join the Avengers right then, or maybe Ewing just didn't like what direction they went, so in a couple stories Ewing substituted him with different characters. But that he could do that at all kinda speaks to what I was saying that it didn't really serve the characters, if he could substitute a character like that.

And I personally would prefer that Loki was just allowed to develop and change through experiencing things, rather than consciously re-writing himself. that's one thing I didn't really like about how things wrapped up in AoA, that's not real character development and strips Loki's past experiences of having any meaning to where he's at now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah some people are all about the lore, but I liked AoA more for the character work than I did for all the lore/continuity stuff Ewing likes to dive into. so Defenders just isn't my sort of thing, really, It builds off of a lot of the bits and pieces Ewing has kinda built up over many different books, and if you haven't been following most of them, it's hard to get too invested.

Is the Legion of X character that Loki tease from the covers? I may have to check that out, because of the sheer volume of titles though, I tend to check out the X-Men stuff a few months down the line in Unlimited.
    Yep to the Legion of X question.

I don't mind Ewing's continuity deep dives, I just don't think the Defenders works as well as Immortal Hulk or Agent of Asgard did. Those are easier to pick up and read to me. So we are on similar ground. .

ah ok, well i will have to check that out when it hits Unlimited!

Ad speaking of, got caught up on the Voices stuff with America, and Loki's being used pretty well, though not a huge fan of the art making him look like, 15. But it does build on events in Thor, and it is very insistent on the fact that he is no longer the ''god of lies' though he ends up having to be a bit sneaky in what he's doing.

Basically, America is fighting Shocker and Rhino, but as has been a thing with her recently, her powers are on the fritz, and it looks like she may be losing, but Loki shows up disguised as the Hulk, and they run away, and then the Spider-Men take them out. Loki tells America he needs her help. He says Odin has died, and that he made a promise to do something for him (not entirely sure what) but he needs something in Asgard's armoury to do it. Says that though he and Thor are on good terms, he wouldn't understand and probably wouldn't believe him anyway. So he asks America for help to get this thing. She agrees. So they head to Asgard, and she helps him get this box, which is locked away behind multiple pocket dimensions so... but the Warriors 3 catch them and are convinced Loki is up to no good, so want to arrest them. Loki asks America to help them escape, and she opens a portal, but it sucks in Hildegarde as well. They end up on a zombie world, not sure if THE Marvel Zombies world, but in any case they are attacked by zombie Nightcrawler. So since things got dangerous, Loki opens the box, and there is magical armour inside. it's very shiny and apparently powerful, though he says it has a limited charge. Powerful, but not many uses. Anyway they fight off zombies and America opens another portal, and Loki does some big magic to blast the zombies to cover their escape, and only barely makes it through the portal, but he does save them and vaporizes many zombies. They end up on Weirdworld, and Loki is captured, and brought to a palace. The Crimson Queen wants the armour, Loki refuses to give it to her. Meanwhile America and Hildegarde have to fight off a squid monster, and then the Crimson Queen's army captures them as well, but they are still on the beach. The queen says to her minions to kill America, Hildegarde fights off the initial attack and then... cliffhanger.

So yeah, though he broke into the armoury, with America's help, he's actually being very heroic here.

Thank you VERY much!
    May I quote your post for our local community?

sure, go for it! tomorrow i can also get a few screencaps, maybe, but it is sleep time now

Astonishing Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/thor...-no-questions/

I didn't think this plot line would be revisited. It could be interesting to finally have this explored further than a panel or two.