Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thor seems to have forgotten about this matter as soon as he brought it up
    There's A LOT of Loki in this issue, which is hardly a surprise as it was written by Al Ewing. Thor's fans already say that both the story and the dialogues are super cringey, especially the Bi Frost Giant pun.
    Last edited by Yoruno; 09-30-2022 at 03:05 AM.

AXE Iron Fist: hated the art but loved Loki's attitude.

Spectacular Member

Has anyone read the last Defenders Beyond??

I have. I really hoped the gap between Loki's AoA and Thor appearances could be closed, but nope. Your thoughts?
    Edit: it IS actually closed, but it needs some understanding of all this 7th and 8th Cosmos stuff. I personally find this scale too big, but, anyway, it wasn't Loki's solo and its goal was to arrange (and rearrange) the universe.
    Last edited by Yoruno; 11-27-2022 at 01:33 PM.

I liked this miniseries more than the first one. It's more character driven and more of ensemble cast. Sadly Tigra is the weak link. I wouldn't mind it as inspiration for season 2 of Loki.

I don't mind where it leaves him. He gets a heroic turn but it's more like Time Lord Victorious arc from Doctor Who.

It feels there is a trilogy that Agent of Asgard started and Defenders Beyond continues. So I'm speculating that there is another story in the works that continues Ewing's take.

Right now it doesn't disregard Cates and Aaron's take. But it doesn't really deal with them either. It's a continuity light approach which is ironic given what these two miniseries are about.

In Ewing I trust.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-24-2022 at 02:33 PM.

Spectacular Member

I liked it personally. I’ll admit I’m a little confused by Loki’s ending. I get that he becomes the “8th world Loki” but he’s also still the god of stories? Is he both? Is he just the god of stories and he changed his appearance?

I hope that he starts doing stuff soon. I’m tired of Loki just sitting around doing nothing.

I see it as an allusion to the practice of retcons, when the modern times Loki is suddenly able to remember his adventure with the Defenders. It was also clever to make a bridge to the Infinity Wars - now we know what Loki saw then in the mirror and why he laughed. Loki was, is and will be Loki.

Astonishing Member

It also removes any outs in the form of Ikol-Loki replacing current Loki should the later backslide

spoilers:
    You could use the Masked Raider from the first Defenders miniseries as a foil for loki in the MCU.

His role was to chase Carlos Zota across the multiverse. It's later revealed that he and the Masked Raider are one abd the same. So it's a way to explore someone who is both a hero and a villian which fits Loki more than Dr. Strange.
    end of spoilers.

I also don't mind returning to the Nine Realms and exploring that set up more. The MCU failed the Norse myths so I don't mind trying again. I liked the idea of Loki taking over the Frost Giants and trying to run it. He fits court intrigue more than Thor.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-26-2022 at 10:05 AM.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Got a chance to read Defenders Beyond 5 and I like the way the Loki story was tied up. It brought everything together, and leaves current Loki with all the knowledge of what he had done in his other adventures and opportunities for his own future. So where it gave a fitting end to one story, it opened up the potential for a lot more and doesn't dismiss or discount any of the past stories.

I'm good where this leaves Loki and hopefully we'll get a new series that can pick up these story beats and potentials.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

:shy wave:
    Came back to check on Loki after a long time, and boy was I happily surprised. I caught up on Thor and the Defenders; liked the first, loved the second. I hope things will continue to roll in this direction; Loki's character surely needed it.

Spectacular Member

I hope Loki gets rid of the beard it looks horrible lol. I’d like a redesign of sorts but I’m not sure what that’d look like.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/30/av...semble-marvel/

AIPT theorizes Loki might be involved in the recent arc of Aaron's Avengers Alpha miniseries.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-30-2022 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/30/av...semble-marvel/

AIPT theorizes Loki might be involved in the recent arc of Aaron's Avengers Alpha miniseries.
    I thought it was him immediately haha. Who else can boast of having brought the Avengers together?

Astonishing Member

It sounds like Loki but I'm guessing it's Coulson. The whole magic thing could be a red herring.