Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Loki Appreciation 2022

I never know what to say in this first post. A big flowery intro seems pointless to me, we all know why we're here, so let's get on with it.

Here's some of the posts from the final page of the last version of this thread, to help get things moving again. TLDR, we were adjusting speulation in light of recent events in Thor, to speculate that maybe Loki would end up as king, cus Thor is making a mess of things, and someone needs to fix it if he is unwilling or unable to get his act together. The two main candidates to usurp Thor right now being Loki, in part due to a strange foreshadowing line in Valkyries, and the fact that Cates has already been using Loki to basically do Thor's job and clean up his messes for him, when Thor was unwilling or unable to. And Angela flatly threatened a coup right to Thor's face if Thor didn't get his act together a few issues ago, and she does technically have the best claim, if we go by usual rules of succession, she was the first born legitimate child of Odin and Freyja.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What happened to Sigyn?

She just.... stopped appearing one day. There was no explanation, she just stopped appearing sometime in the 80s. I doubt her final appearance was actually intended to be her final appearance. She's appeared a few times since, but only in flashbacks to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Maybe I'm a little jaded with the champion role giving Loki significant panel time because of the last time he lifted the hammer. Mind you it was due to a spell forcing characters to behave in a specific way and not at all organically which is why Axis was shortlived and not even memorable. I do find Cates build up intriguing but I want a lot more than the drips and drabs we've been getting going as far back as Aaron. At the end of the day, I just want more Loki in whatever shape or form.

Yeah I think the inversion and this are very different things, so i really would have expected Loki to get a lot of panel time, maybe not in the Thor title, but relauncch JIM or give him a solo, sure. either way I would like an anniversary relaunch of JIM with Loki. Maybe it could spin out of the Hulk thing? I still think that while Thor can fight Hulk all he likes, i would like to see a conversation between Loki and Banner even more. (even tho right now Hulk and Banner are the same, but... you know what i mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    IDK if this is a local or an international edition, but the 2022 Avengers wall calendar features Loki (at last!) , and I'm on cloud nine. Season's greetings everyone!
    Nice! is that MCU or comics?

Also, preview for Thor 20:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-kills-thor-eitri/

Loki is not in it, but it has a blatant callback to issue 1, where Thor's threats of 'peace, or else' have.... gone poorly. but the scene in issue 1 was 2 pages long, while this has been condensed to 1 page, so Jotunheim was one of the panels to get cut. But, relevant to the speculation, the panel showing Heven now shows Angela at the head of an army. So I think her threats of a coup are about to come to pass. But even if she succeeds, I have doubts it will last. I've said it before, but personally, I don't think she would do a much better job, no matter how upset she is at the mess Thor is making of things. Her temperament is just all wrong for it, too harsh, too unyielding, too aggressive, not to mention she spent most of her life with her only knowledge of Asgard being wildly distorted stories that painted them all as evil. I think Loki would be a better fit, now that he's turned face, more or less, but looks like we may have to deal with Angela first. But we also see the denizens of Muspelheim revolting, so it may just be an all out revolt across the realms.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-02-2022 at 11:27 AM.