Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Yeah MechStrike in general really is not my thing... not canon tho so easily ignored.

Amazing Member

Here is the iceman
    https://twitter.com/MarvelUnlimited/...4upFhsOdA&s=19

Honestly it's great Loki is getting too many cameos but also kinda terrifing because like,Loki is one of the villians of the iceman pride four part story(all thought it might be a misunderstandmeant or a beef since iceman did attack Jötunheim at some point for the war of the realms which I don't recall happened after or during the war in which case seemed dumb) and alyssa wong has Loki seemingly a villian in ironfirst(apperently the one writing the young avengers reunion story is the same writer for both illigator Loki and the ironfist comics and I really can't go off illigator Loki to know if his character development might get messed up/ignored or not)
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-07-2022 at 10:04 AM.

hmmmm... well, we'll see when it comes out. Though recent Loki is kind of prone to fakeouts with promo stuff and covers, he sometimes gets played up as a villain, but in the actual issue, not so much. It could be they start out as antagonists but work together in the end, or something like that. But Loki and Iceman actually have history, long before WotR. Loki kinda, uh, kidnapped Iceman and messed with his powers... so.... I could see Iceman not being too keen on Loki. Even tho it was kind of Loki that unlocked Iceman's true potential, powers wise... He went from like, throwing snowballs to Omega level. Not controllable at first, sure, but he got the hang of it. Yeah, Loki didn't have the best of intentions at the time, but.... It worked out That was a long time ago though. It would be tricky to bring up like... 35ish? year old history in an Infinity Comic, but they could maybe do a recap. It is actually something I wanted to see explored further, now that Loki is playing nice.

Amazing Member

I know also I can't help to get a little scared.

I know Loki has a much older history than just the WOTR but like you mentioned I'm not sure they will bring very old things into the current stories. How ever since Loki kidnapping Jane was something Jane mentioned at some point it could be a possibility.

It will make for so fun drama thought because it won't be just Loki having a problem with iceman but also iceman having a problem with Loki.

It would fun if we actually got a misundermeant similar to the sorcerer Supreme Loki one. Where strange assumed Loki was planning to do something bad only to have his ass basically saved by Loki. It probably changed strange view of Loki, since in doctor strange : Damnation Loki was one of the people planing to pick to take with them to bring ghost rider from mephisto's deminsion. (which is hilarious because Loki no one in the room beside him trust Loki lmao)
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-07-2022 at 07:00 PM.

I'm sure it's just a red herring again. If it was old Loki, then the evil scenario would be possible, but this Loki is young. Marvel clearly distinguishes the two and the things they're capable of. (Grumbling: if only it was true for video games, where they managed to introduce Variant Loki on the villains' side!)

Amazing Member

. (Grumbling: if only it was true for video games, where they managed to introduce Variant Loki on the villains' side!)
    Loki as one of the heros exist in video games? The only video game I know that has Loki remotely as one of the good guys was avengers academy. Although technically speaking he wasn't he was just sticking around because he totally hate people.
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-08-2022 at 02:57 PM.

I loved Avengers Academy! Well, I can't say he hated people, he had some nice interactions with other students. They just wrote him as one of those edgy school kids, but I think they overdid it. I guess giving people absurd names should be Tony Stark's habit but not Loki's.
    The game I was talking about is Marvel Future Fight. Whichever Loki would it be, Classic, Agent of Asgard or Variant, he is still listed as a super villain with the power of destruction *shrugs* https://future-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Loki

Amazing Member

Yeah, I was being sarcastic with the he totally he hates people part. And yeah but like he literally wasn't even trying with the names at least Tony gives everyone creative nicknames based on pop culture media and things lmao.

Also oh I didn't know about that game I should probably check it out.the bio literally says Jane foster is his real name the **** XD?
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-09-2022 at 02:40 PM.

It's a fighting game, nuff said. Good guys kicking and punching bad guys, Loki included. As for Jane Foster, someone must have been messing up with that wiki...
    Last edited by Yoruno; 06-10-2022 at 11:40 PM.

Amazing Member

Never mind it was a red herring in the iceman comic. They're gonna team up also laufey is kinda back but not really so like prepare to be traumatized.

Is there another preview? Where?

Had to look around but guessing this: https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...y_comic_2022_3

And there, see, nothing to worry about. Fakeout once again. though from some of the art shown in that tweet, guessing there is some misunderstanding to start. Also, does sound like the whole power amplification thing from way back will be brought up.

I think Avengers Academy Loki was a lot of bluster, and it kind of progressed over the course of the game. Early on, yeah, he didn't like anyone. but later, he wanted to SEEM like he hated everyone, (and ok, some of them he did hate) but he did have at least a few people he (secretly) liked, and some of them could see through that, and it became a sort of game of insults which weren't really meant seriously.

Because I know this was a burning question for a lot of people, yes, Casey will be back in season 2 of Loki: https://screenrant.com/loki-season-2...ugene-cordero/
    Like, this was legit a question on my mind, long live Casey, I hope he has a bigger role. And looks like filming on season 2 began TODAY. https://wegotthiscovered.com/news/lo...n-on-season-2/ so maybe we will see some set photos emerge soonish.

And read the first 2 issues of Iceman on Unlimited... can't say I am a huge fan, unfortunately, and it's dimmed my anticipation for the Loki issue. I do like Iceman, so i was hoping for more. Just... it feels very superficial and 'fluff' for the types of things it is dealing with. I am ok with fluff, if that's all it is trying to be, and is cute/funny enough. But this, it's dealing with stuff that really warrants a meatier take, but just skims right over it, so it's constantly jumping from one thing to the next without exploring anything that could be really interesting to explore. And there is a lot of telling rather than showing, a cardinal sin of storytelling. I know, the Infinity comics tend to be pretty light and fluffy, but some of them have done more, like the Deadpool one, and they've adapted some print comic runs into the Infinity format and it's worked fine so you CAN do meatier stories on Infinity. As for Loki, from the blurb on the website, it seems to hint at Bobby and Loki both dealing with daddy issues, which kinda makes sense and could be interesting, since they both kind of have the same issue of their fathers clearly wanting them to be something they aren't. But I worry it won't be dug into as much as it could be. But we will see in a few days, i guess.

btw Loki was in the Meow comic again. I... guess he's just a cat now. this one is making no pretenses about it being pure fluff, and it was cute. got kisses from Lucky this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Because I know this was a burning question for a lot of people, yes, Casey will be back in season 2 of Loki: https://screenrant.com/loki-season-2...ugene-cordero/
    Like, this was legit a question on my mind, long live Casey, I hope he has a bigger role. And looks like filming on season 2 began TODAY. https://wegotthiscovered.com/news/lo...n-on-season-2/ so maybe we will see some set photos emerge soonish.
    TVA Secretary Pillboi was my favorite minor character in these series, so I'm pretty happy about this. I'd like him to be involved with the Non-finity Stones explanation, ideally, since I really want to know how and why those didn't work in the TVA. It seems apparent that there's just a straight up nothing-works-unless-they-want-it-to field of some kind, but nullifying infinity stones is pretty extreme.

Speaking of the show, the Carlin Bros just put this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpm...CarlinBrothers

They make a pretty good case, even going so far as to explain Mobius's name. (I want to talk more about this, but don't want to come out of the gate with spoilers for the argument)

Amazing Member

I hope they show Cassie what a fish is,because come on.

As for the infinity comics, I kinda go to the app and check comics covers from time to time. Loki will also appear in meow to infinity comic issue 9 and 10 based on the covers. To me Loki have always been a cat, he's just empressing who he truly is now lmao.

About the mobius name exploration video. I noticed so many people are struggling to get what is sylvie's nexus event which to me as a person seems pretty obvious.

Her nexus event is that she's not gonna attack new York, because unlike the main MCU Loki. Sylvie didn't spend her entire life building on a lie, since her adoption was known to her and in order for her to rule she would have to marry so didn't live her life thinking she was distance to rule. Instead you see that she obviously wants to become a valkyrie.

As for alternative universes already still existing even with the Tva, and I know this is gonna piss someone off because heaven's forddid MCU makes a mistake but that seems like a plot hole the Loki series season two is gonna find a retcon to explain.
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-14-2022 at 09:41 PM.