Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

He looks more like Spidey hanging from the web...
    I can only hope they're not using this old trope of "Loki assembling the Avengers": not as a threat this time but as a... well, yes, a damsel in distress. Like, "guys, we haven't worked together for ages, but today we will, because, you know, Loki... ta-da, it was Loki's trick to keep the Avengers together!" Please let it be something different thiis time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    That's good that Drrf is popping up again. Speaking of, Marvel released a little trailer for the Pride issue: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-avengers-more

So Loki's been captured and tied up again I hope his new thing isn't to be a damsel in distress.

And I haven't been keeping up with Legion of X, could you explain?
    Sure.

In Arrakki society, they worship gods that can earn the right to be worshipped through combat. One of the imprisoned gods escaped and Kurt teams up with an Arraki mutant to find them. The fan theory is this figure is loki due to the description being a horned god/God of mischief.

Another antagonist is Skinjacker who possess people. In issue 2 he is revealed to have learned magic from a mysterious figure who could be the God Kurt is after.

Fans jumped on this God being Loki but I'm not convinced as the evidence feels circumstancial.

My initial post was me saying it would be cool if Loki and the other Agardians had more interactions with the Arraki mutants.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-22-2022 at 11:41 AM.

Amazing Member

It feels a little too odd for Loki to start problems just for fun? as he seems to be trying to be a peaceful guy in Thor (2022).plus he helped reunite the realms with Thor it would be very weird for him to start yet another war.

Feels like people who are jumping into this conclusion isn't that updated with Loki.

Unless they're gonna say Loki is just like that because people who preys for him, people who believe in his experience and people around him presive him as such and so he can't compeletly change.

But it would be cool for him to at least have some history with them!
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-22-2022 at 06:58 PM.

Amazing Member

About the pride month story .he got kidnapped by a team of his exes and used it as an excuse to see his friends again. I personally liked it as it plays on Loki's insecurities when it comes to friendship. He could've easily defended them by himself but choose not to.
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-23-2022 at 12:30 PM.

I'm not sure I wanted to know about the chicken...

Amazing Member

I assumed it was one of his exes pet honestly

What I personally wanna know is how did Loki and hercules even got around to date? These two never spoken a word to each other in the past???Why did they break up? How was their relationship?? I can see them dating just to piss Thor off but that's about it.
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-24-2022 at 11:12 AM.

Amazing Member

Quick question but where dose the Legion of X even take place in? Why is Loki in his older classic age comics suit??

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...on_of_x_2022_3
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-24-2022 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emoandlazy View Post
    Quick question but where dose the Legion of X even take place in? Why is Loki in his older classic age comics suit??

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...on_of_x_2022_3
    I thought it was set in the present. But thats usually the default for Marvel and DC for me. Unless they say otherwise its set in the present.

Regarding the outfit, the cover could be misleading or there's a story reason. We have an imposter Loki running around.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-25-2022 at 09:55 AM.

I've seen some complaints that the second Pride story featuring Loki shows him making transphobic jokes and hampering the Pride Parade, is that true? Sounds like bullshit to me (Loki and transphobia, really?) but I can't make sure, our precious authorities have attacked our VPN services today.
    If anyone is interested in the MCU version, the recent leaks confirm there's no family reunion in Thor 4, not even in the postcredit scenes.

That's a bummer but there's always a possible Thor 5. I'm interested in Thor meeting one of the Variants like Boastful, Sylvie or Kid. So Thor dealing with a multi-loki team-up would be fun.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-25-2022 at 09:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think Marvel is finally moving Thor away from being Loki centred at most/related at the least. I heard that in one of the Thor recap clips posted for L&T, there's not even a single mention of Loki who's featured prominently in all of Thor's phases 1-3 movies.

Amazing Member

I've seen some complaints that the second Pride story featuring Loki shows him making transphobic jokes and hampering the Pride Parade, is that true? Sounds like bullshit to me (Loki and transphobia, really?) but I can't make sure
    Oh, Well the writer of said story decided that in the very end of the story to add a bit where Loki shapeshiftes into a woman and asked runa, a maybe lesbian to make out.The story it self was fine that's the thing that put off a lot of people including us genderfluid people :').

What's even sad is some people is ignoring us when we're saying this is offensive. Which is normal it happened when the Loki series decided to say Loki's sex is fuild and it happens a lot. We' re just that side of the LGBT+ that not many people wanna take seriously . I'm just very disappointed another offensive thing happened in a pride month story in all places . I thought that at least in pride month it would be a time where we gets Loki gender mentioned and taken seriously but nope we got this ****.

As for the Thor movie I never had hopes for Loki to appear. Loki existence in the Thor movie shifted the attention from Thor to Loki so it's understandable that they removed him. Not sure if it is true but I heard Chris dosen't want Loki back into the Thor movies either.
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-25-2022 at 11:34 AM.

I don't think I get it. So, he shifted into a lady and made advanced to Runa? I don't see why it should be taken seriously, it seems to be a very in-character thing. On the other hand, a Pride issue might be not the best place for this, but for a different reason: actually, queer characters should be acting as queer people all the time, but Marvel obviously remembers it only once a year. Loki IS queer-coded in the films yet never dates anyone or shows interest, and then - blammm, it's June, and "yes, Sylvie, I date both princes and princesses, now please forget it till season 2".
    <rant over>
    Last edited by Yoruno; 06-25-2022 at 10:35 PM.

Amazing Member

That's just how it is with Loki :/.
    I really want him to appear in the marvel pride : young avengers new ongoing. Anthony oliveira gives the vibes that he can write a good Loki (he's the one who wrote "my drag brunch with Loki" the one short story that gave us the flashback of child Loki back when life was a little better than how it is now and he and Thor still liked each other which I loved) all thought the young avengers toxic side would probably make me feel like garbage for feeling happy about it.

By the way Yoruno I found a tumblr post that posted Loki appearance in iceman's comic here

https://youngavengerscameos.tumblr.c...nce-in-marvels
    Last edited by Emoandlazy; 06-27-2022 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks a lot for the Iceman link!
    Yes, "My drag brunch" was such a bittersweet story! Well, as far as he has reunited with the Young Avengers, there could be more stories featuring him, although I think he'll mostly appear in Defenders Beyond.