Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

Very foul ppl.
    Why is this a thing? Are people just being assholes just cause?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is why the Snyder cult should never be catered to. They have the mental and emotional capacities of a three year old.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This is why the Snyder cult should never be catered to. They have the mental and emotional capacities of a three year old.
    Maybe the work of just a few trolls using multiple accounts. Some people even find it worth the effort to post under multiple usernames in the user comments at comicbookroundup, despite it most likely having a tiny audience.

Extraordinary Member

Without really seeing how good or bad this movie was it is hard to say if cancelling it was the right call.

I mean I doubt that a Batgirl movie would have been important enough to be "Franchise Killer", but would they have really done them self a favour by putting it out, if it would have been as bad as the Halle Berry Catwoman movie?

And I think if they want the DCEU (or how ever it called now) to catch up with the MCU, they need to deliver a more consistent quality, and get rid of the reputation that half of their movies are bad.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-04-2022 at 10:18 AM.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Is this news not worthy of its own thread?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Revenge. SnyderCut people were mocked a lot when Batgirl movie and Keaton's return were announced.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Man, I was Looking forward to Leslie Grace s movie a lot. Hope we still get Black Canary. I like the BoP movie despite its many flaws

This news is heartbreaking. The movie had finished filming months ago. Barbara Gordon as Batgirl has NEVER been in a live action movie. She has never had her own movie so this news is just terrible. I am extremely disappointed, let down and saddened because who knows if we will ever see a Babs as Batgirl movie now?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Without really seeing how good or bad this movie was it is hard to say if cancelling it was the right call.

I mean I doubt that a Batgirl movie would have been important enough to be "Franchise Killer", but would they have really done them self a favour by putting it out, if it would have been as bad as the Halle Berry Catwoman movie?

And I think if they want the DCEU (or how ever it called now) to catch up with the MCU, they need to deliver a more consistent quality, and get rid of the reputation that half of tgei
    Or, maybe some could be thinking Discovery should pretty much just move away from most of what's already been done with DC films and start from scratch with a 2.0 version with no past connections to previous films, rather than try to rework things that didn't really work well the first time?

Well, on a positive note, the season finale of Wayne Family Adventures on Webtoon is very Babs/Oracle focused.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Or, maybe some could be thinking Discovery should pretty much just move away from most of what's already been done with DC films and start from scratch with a 2.0 version with no past connections to previous films, rather than try to rework things that didn't really work well the first time?
    It doesn't really matter if they start from scratch or continue, if they want their brand to be as strong as Marvels they need to stop to put out crappy movies.

Incredible Member

I’m completely disappointed by this film’s cancellation!

I think Leslie would have been a great Batgirl.

And I’m ticked that Michael Keaton’ Arturo to Batman won’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    This news is heartbreaking. The movie had finished filming months ago. Barbara Gordon as Batgirl has NEVER been in a live action movie. She has never had her own movie so this news is just terrible. I am extremely disappointed, let down and saddened because who knows if we will ever see a Babs as Batgirl movie now?
    On the bright side, the movie version of Batgirl had a lot of changes made to the comic book character.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    On the bright side, the movie version of Batgirl had a lot of changes made to the comic book character.
    Well, we don't know exactly how different she was going to be. It seems like her traditional origin was still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we don't know exactly how different she was going to be. It seems like her traditional origin was still the same.
    But wasn't she supposedly on the police force for the movie?