Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I still was holding out hope WB world change their minds before it was officially a Tax Write off. But sadly I think its too late now.
    It still is extremely disappointing that the very first ever Batgirl movie is axed especially since filling ended months ago.
    It is also very disheartening that Batgirl might appear in someone else's movie. She deserved her own movie!
    Yeah, good or bad, I would've liked to have seen how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I want to mention that her Batgirl movie wouldn't be restored. As Batgirl movie was canceled as tax offs, WBD can't get any income or profit from this movie.

If WBD wanted to release the Batgirl movie it would have to be in a medium where they don't get a penny from the film.

WBD won't t spend money to end post production for a movie they can't profit.
    I know all that. I had thought that the actual write-off was still to happen and that it was technically possible, if unlikely, that the decision could be reversed.

Sadly, doesn't seem like there was enough pushback from viewers to move the needle. Almost wish that the Snyder cult wasn't so happy that it was canceled, but, between how toxic they were and the high odds that they weren't the deciding factor in the Snyder Cut being made, maybe it's just as well.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Why would Grace want to come back? Couldn't the same thing happen again? Any actor should now think twice about doing something for Warner Bros.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Yeah! I don't get it either, why would she return after being colossally embarrassed to the whole world and her peers? Going back for more punishment and to play a supporting character would be insane.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why would Grace want to come back? Couldn't the same thing happen again? Any actor should now think twice about doing something for Warner Bros.
    The same thing couldn't happen again. WBD has a time-limited opportunity to use Batgirl movie (and other movies) as a tax off due to the recent merge between WB and Discovery.

This a pretty exceptional situation. The main reason why other studios don't realize that kind of actions.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-13-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Yeah! I don't get it either, why would she return after being colossally embarrassed to the whole world and her peers? Going back for more punishment and to play a supporting character would be insane.
    If she cares about playing the character enough, after investing so much time in it, but I know it's unlikely.

We just lost another Babs. DC Superhero Girls is cancelled.
    https://twitter.com/Fyre_flye/status...32679208947713
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I want to mention that her Batgirl movie wouldn't be restored. As Batgirl movie was canceled as tax offs, WBD can't get any income or profit from this movie.

If WBD wanted to release the Batgirl movie it would have to be in a medium where they don't get a penny from the film.

The smart move would be to offer it as a free digital download for a future home release. They technically wouldn't be profiting off it, it would generate a lot of sales, and it would give them some good press.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The smart move would be to offer it as a free digital download for a future home release. They technically wouldn't be profiting off it, it would generate a lot of sales, and it would give them some good press.
    Except that if it can arguably be considered a sales driver on whatever you release it with (that is, if ANYBODY buys said movie to get the "free" Batgirl) then they are in SERIOUS violation of the tax code. You don't mess with the IRS when it comes to this stuff.

With the tax write off, the film effectively no longer exists. It WILL NOT be released in any form, ever. People need to accept that. It's gone. Forever.

Maybe somebody will illegally leak it, that's a whole different thing. But WB has to effectively unmake the film for this tax classification.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Does current management strike you as being intelligent?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

We just lost another Babs. DC Superhero Girls is cancelled.
    https://twitter.com/Fyre_flye/status...32679208947713
    TTGO outlasted that one too lol

I'm curious if Grace says no. Who would you want to replace her. I kind of hope with if she does they could reboot the BoP. Overall I do wonder what is next for Babs.

With Babs now in the new animated universe. I wonder what her role will be and her bro. This is his first animated appearance.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-16-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Except that if it can arguably be considered a sales driver on whatever you release it with (that is, if ANYBODY buys said movie to get the "free" Batgirl) then they are in SERIOUS violation of the tax code.
    Assuming that would even apply here, how could it be proven?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Does current management strike you as being intelligent?
    That is the rub, true.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious if Grace says no. Who would you want to replace her. I kind of hope with if she does they could reboot the BoP. Overall I do wonder what is next for Babs.

With Babs now in the new animated universe. I wonder what her role will be and her bro. This is his first animated appearance.
    Have I missed something?
    Babs in the new animated universe?

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Have I missed something?
    Babs in the new animated universe?
    As a kid, yeah.