Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Keaton will begin filming next month.

https://onetakenews.wordpress.com/20...ing-exclusive/

If anything. This would be the best way to introduce Robin. In the sense of if there won't be a actor at least we will get costumes of the robin or robins he has had.
    Do you mean like a flashback?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...s-new-costume/

New set photos show a bloody faced Batgirl. Her costume looks better and darker in these pics and her cowl is perfect.
    But still holding out hope for an upgraded costume by the end of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post

New set photos show a bloody faced Batgirl. Her costume looks better and darker in these pics and her cowl is perfect.
    I'm wondering if they'll try and replicate the bloody but ready to fight Batgirl image.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post

The suit's looking great, which makes me hope even more that they don't replace it until the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The suit's looking great, which makes me hope even more that they don't replace it until the sequel.
    Or until the climax, I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm wondering if they'll try and replicate the bloody but ready to fight Batgirl image.
    Which one?

That image reminds me of her first meeting with Gretel, but the setting is all wrong.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Or until the climax, I would assume.
    I hope not. I'm taking climax to mean final big epic showdown of the movie. I want her keeping the costume for that. Now a little scene after the story's done where we see her swinging on the grappling line or riding off on her motorcycle or something right before the credits role, sure. But for the pivotal scenes of the movie, I'd rather she keep the Burnside costume.

Batman doesn't change into a different costume for the end fight of his films (well, Batman & Robin, but that's not good).

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Which one?

That image reminds me of her first meeting with Gretel, but the setting is all wrong.
    This one:

Every Batgirl has their own version of it, starting with Steph:

I hope not. I'm taking climax to mean final big epic showdown of the movie. I want her keeping the costume for that. Now a little scene after the story's done where we see her swinging on the grappling line or riding off on her motorcycle or something right before the credits role, sure. But for the pivotal scenes of the movie, I'd rather she keep the Burnside costume.

Batman doesn't change into a different costume for the end fight of his films (well, Batman & Robin, but that's not good).
    I think in the context of the film this is very obviously a starter/prototype suit, and those usually get traded in for a new suit by the climax or for the end scene when the character has become a fully-fledged version of themselves.

I can very easily see this costume getting torn to shreds in time for her to need a better costume.

This one:

Every Batgirl has their own version of it, starting with Steph:

I think in the context of the film this is very obviously a starter/prototype suit, and those usually get traded in for a new suit by the climax or for the end scene when the character has become a fully-fledged version of themselves.

I can very easily see this costume getting torn to shreds in time for her to need a better costume.
    Why do we assume it's a starter suit though? Because some fans say it is?

It just seems like people who don't like the Burnside look are saying this because they want it to be true.

Why do we assume it's a starter suit though? Because some fans say it is?

It just seems like people who don't like the Burnside look are saying this because they want it to be true.
    Because it looks like something she put together on the fly with a budget and realistic means compared to what people normally expect from Superhero costume.

I think it's a reasonable expectation.

Because it looks like something she put together on the fly with a budget and realistic means compared to what people normally expect from Superhero costume.

I think it's a reasonable expectation.
    It looks like the Burnside costume, and that wasn't just a starter suit. Still feels like fans who didn't like it are just projecting their hopes that it won't be a main suit for the film.

It looks like the Burnside costume, and that wasn't just a starter suit. Still feels like fans who didn't like it are just projecting their hopes that it won't be a main suit for the film.
    But it's being used in a different context to the Burnside suit. I could go on about how the fact that it looks more like a starter suit was one of the costumes' issues, but that's another thing.

I'm sure there are probably fans hoping there will be another suit (I'm one of them) but I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation for the film. Especially since Babs has had far more looks than just Burnside.

In the comics, the Burnside suit was Babs starting again with nothing after all of her old gear was destroyed in a fire, and was home made using a shop bought jacket. It makes sense that the movies use it as a starter suit, and then graduate to something like the New 52 suit (which was more armored and definitely more expensive to make). At least it's a comic accurate design.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman