Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But it's being used in a different context to the Burnside suit. I could go on about how the fact that it looks more like a starter suit was one of the costumes' issues, but that's another thing.

I'm sure there are probably fans hoping there will be another suit (I'm one of them) but I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation for the film. Especially since Babs has had far more looks than just Burnside.
    She has had more looks, but that doesn't mean she should have two or more looks every film to cover them, nor should it be some knock against the Burnside costume. And it has nothing to do about being a reasonable or unreasonable expectation, just tired of it being an assumption that it's the correct expectation for a film that hasn't come out yet. Just be honest and say you don't like that suit so you hope she ditches it for one you like better.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In the comics, the Burnside suit was Babs starting again with nothing after all of her old gear was destroyed in a fire, and was home made using a shop bought jacket. It makes sense that the movies use it as a starter suit, and then graduate to something like the New 52 suit (which was more armored and definitely more expensive to make). At least it's a comic accurate design.
    That's fine for sequel, or ending teaser, but I hope she's still wearing this one for the climatic final battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    She has had more looks, but that doesn't mean she should have two or more looks every film to cover them, nor should it be some knock against the Burnside costume. And it has nothing to do about being a reasonable or unreasonable expectation, just tired of it being an assumption that it's the correct expectation for a film that hasn't come out yet. Just be honest and say you don't like that suit so you hope she ditches it for one you like better.
    I'm not saying I'm "correct," just that I think it's a possibility. Not every Superhero movie goes through two costumes but it's not exactly as uncommon as it could be especially given the context we have for the film.

I don't even want to go through costumes like we're MCU Spider-Man...of course, I have my preference, but I feel like they're using something like the Burnside suit in a way that makes more sense than it did in the comics.

Incredible Member

Have people seen Sean Murphy's recent post about Batgirl costumes? It's interesting. He has little love for the costume he was asked to design for the last series - except for the cowl - and preferred Burnside to it. I'd say his White Knight version is kind of a hybrid. The shoes are sort of slip-on sneakers, and I think the jacket, gloves and belts are closer to Burnside than they are to anything before or since.

I think everyone who disliked Burnside preferred the one in the comics that replaced it. So this is an interesting perspective from the artist himself.

Murphy Beyond.jpg

I like this costume. But doesn't it also look homemade? If this were the suit spotted in the film teasers, would people think it would or should be replaced by the end of the film?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY1XqRPL4SF/

So a lot of people think the "SGM version" of Batgirl's suit is the grey/blue one with the yellow boots (that came out after the Burnside costume). This is NOT TRUE--yes, I redid the blue/grey one for DC, but I was NEVER a fan of it (I prefer the Burnside). They wanted the classic Year One colors for it, so I had no choice. The only thing I'm proud of is how the "bat ears" poke through her hair (allowing her beautiful red hair to be more of a feature) rather than giving her the traditional cowl.

They made action figures, statues, covers, etc of the grey/blue suit, and whenever I see people complain about the SGM version, I always think "I agree!"

But for me, that version is not the SGM version. My true version is the White Knight suit, pictured here. Grey, black, and yellow (to match Batman), Burnside straps off the sides of her belt, dangling rope, and chunky Batgirl "sneakers".

So spread the word, because I'm tired of people blaming me for the grey/blue one, haha.

I think the suit was never wholly loved or disliked. I guess it's a shame Murphy himself didn't like it but I felt it was a nice attempt to go back to the traditional Batgirl look and was a cleaner costume than the White Knight suit.

I get where he was coming from with showing off more of her hair even if people missed the cowl and kept complaining about how her secret identity held up even less with a domino mask (even though it's comics). I never liked the backpack.

I think it helped that the run it debuted in, Scott's, was one of the better Babs runs, short-lived as it was.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    So a lot of people think the "SGM version" of Batgirl's suit is the grey/blue one with the yellow boots (that came out after the Burnside costume). This is NOT TRUE--yes, I redid the blue/grey one for DC, but I was NEVER a fan of it (I prefer the Burnside). They wanted the classic Year One colors for it, so I had no choice. The only thing I'm proud of is how the "bat ears" poke through her hair (allowing her beautiful red hair to be more of a feature) rather than giving her the traditional cowl.

They made action figures, statues, covers, etc of the grey/blue suit, and whenever I see people complain about the SGM version, I always think "I agree!"

But for me, that version is not the SGM version. My true version is the White Knight suit, pictured here. Grey, black, and yellow (to match Batman), Burnside straps off the sides of her belt, dangling rope, and chunky Batgirl "sneakers".

So spread the word, because I'm tired of people blaming me for the grey/blue one, haha.
    So sad. I love the Year One colors, and I liked the suit.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

I think the suit was never wholly loved or disliked. I guess it's a shame Murphy himself didn't like it but I felt it was a nice attempt to go back to the traditional Batgirl look and was a cleaner costume than the White Knight suit.

I get where he was coming from with showing off more of her hair even if people missed the cowl and kept complaining about how her secret identity held up even less with a domino mask (even though it's comics). I never liked the backpack.

I think it helped that the run it debuted in, Scott's, was one of the better Babs runs, short-lived as it was.

It didn’t last long enough, I just didn’t like the cowl

Extraordinary Member

By Marcos Martin

Incredible Member

The backpack was strange. I didn't get the point of it - it was (is? still her suit) too small to hold clothes or costume. Was it supposed to hold extra equipment? I don't know if anyone gave interviews mentioning the point of it - Murphy called it simply "backpack" in this design.

But finally in one scene, Barbara actually used it - turns out it holds a parachute.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    By Marcos Martin

A classic .

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It didn’t last long enough, I just didn’t like the cowl
    I liked this costume but hated how it had no cowl. Some artists drew the new mask much thicker around the eyes and forehead and it covered more of her identity, which I didn't mind.
    But most artists drew the new mask with very skinny lines where it covered none of her identity and I hated that.
    This costume would have been so much better if it had a cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Fierce, powerful, and cute Batgirl .

I'm curious has it been confirmed Black Canary is appearing because she been shown more and more in murals. We have Batgirl Alica who is open to doing a cameo

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/fe...iew-the-requin

How long you guys think we will have until filming ends?

In terms of year one I take it the villain is the same has the movie?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-01-2022 at 11:22 PM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Tom Grummentt.

TomGrummettBG.jpg