Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 489
  1. #151
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    True. It does. I wonder if it's due to the fact they didn't know what else to do. Firefly was on set

    https://t.co/9fuXBwPpGM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's kind of the only way to play it if you're going to use Michael Keaton.
    They could've recast Batfleck with a similarly-aged actor.

  2. #152
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,712

    Default

    They could have but they didn't. I think it's so they can get more women to take male roles. They already announced Supergirl and Batgirl. So I think they will try to make the JL more female

    559E3F5A-CAB9-465F-8FB7-F7B5469382D2.jpg

    I'm glad they will keep their friendship

  3. #153
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    They could've recast Batfleck with a similarly-aged actor.
    They didn't want Batfleck though.

  4. #154
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    29,284

    Default

    That's the point. He was suggesting they get another actor around Affleck's age.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  5. #155
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the point. He was suggesting they get another actor around Affleck's age.
    But they didn't want that. They didn't want a Batman capable of competing with Robert Pattinson's new take. But they still needed a Batman popular enough to get butts in seats. We might want to see Batman fighting in his prime with the family, but WB isn't interested in that, they just want to make money off the Batfamily. So this way they get to do young solo Batman movies and Batfam movies like Batgirl. So this is what WB wanted, and on paper it makes sense even if it's not what some fans want.

  6. #156
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,135

    Default

    Ironically after a DKR-esque Batfleck, we get a more age appropriate Batman in Keaton's.

  7. #157
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But they didn't want that. They didn't want a Batman capable of competing with Robert Pattinson's new take. But they still needed a Batman popular enough to get butts in seats. We might want to see Batman fighting in his prime with the family, but WB isn't interested in that, they just want to make money off the Batfamily. So this way they get to do young solo Batman movies and Batfam movies like Batgirl. So this is what WB wanted, and on paper it makes sense even if it's not what some fans want.
    I don't think Batfleck is any more competition than Keaton

  8. #158
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't think Batfleck is any more competition than Keaton
    Batfleck is getting replaced because Affleck doesn't want to do it anymore, and another actor his age could be competition. Hence, Keaton as a mentor role.

  9. #159
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Batfleck is getting replaced because Affleck doesn't want to do it anymore, and another actor his age could be competition. Hence, Keaton as a mentor role.
    But how is it competition?

  10. #160
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    But how is it competition?
    Because Pattinsons supposed to be the main, active, cinematic Batman.

  11. #161
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    But how is it competition?
    Because Hollywood executives are notoriously stupid so they're very much in the belief that two in their prime active Batmen will somehow make the audience either confused, or tired of Batman or something. Basically the idea is no need to see two capable Batman movies in one year, so audiences will choose one and the other will suffer. Now we know that is stupid, but Hollywood executives don't. Hence if there's two Batmen, one of them has to be less active. Hence once Pattinson and The Batman was a go, we were never going to get a in his prime Batman in the DCEU as well.

  12. #162
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because Pattinsons supposed to be the main, active, cinematic Batman.
    Yeah but why would Affleck being the role make him bigger competition than Keaton if the role is just a mentor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because Hollywood executives are notoriously stupid so they're very much in the belief that two in their prime active Batmen will somehow make the audience either confused, or tired of Batman or something. Basically the idea is no need to see two capable Batman movies in one year, so audiences will choose one and the other will suffer. Now we know that is stupid, but Hollywood executives don't. Hence if there's two Batmen, one of them has to be less active. Hence once Pattinson and The Batman was a go, we were never going to get a in his prime Batman in the DCEU as well.
    That's what I mean. It doesn't make sense but WB executives aren't always known for making sense

  13. #163
    Mighty Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,636

  14. #164
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Yeah but why would Affleck being the role make him bigger competition than Keaton if the role is just a mentor?
    Probably because he'd still, presumably, be an active Batman.

  15. #165
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,712

    Default

    Keaton will begin filming next month.

    https://onetakenews.wordpress.com/20...ing-exclusive/

    If anything. This would be the best way to introduce Robin. In the sense of if there won't be a actor at least we will get costumes of the robin or robins he has had.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •